LaunchBox Community Forums

May I freely set game title logo instead of plain text in game list visualization?

Gef

Hi all. In certain themes I see that the game names in the weel list are taken from the original game graphic title instead of bare text; is something I can set in any theme? and where to find those images?

Example:

1053551808_maxresdefault(1).thumb.jpg.6854ec4cfe9772e251071ecced9fc579.jpg

Edited by Gef

• Gef changed the title to May I freely set game title logo instead of plain text in game list visualization?
16 hours ago, C-Beats said:

That's the games Clear Logo and can be scraped during import or by using the Download Metadata and Media wizard or manually adding it to a game in the Edit Game window

Thanks for the clue "clear logo". I need a premium account to download that specific resource from EmuMovies? btw, once I obtained those files in the for I like, I should put them in LaunchBox main folders, or in the custom theme I'm using? (Unified, in my case). Because the scraper doesn't import anything even if the clear logo box is ticked (I own an EmuMovie regular login, not premium).

56 minutes ago, Gef said:

Thanks for the clue "clear logo". I need a premium account to download that specific resource from EmuMovies? btw, once I obtained those files in the for I like, I should put them in LaunchBox main folders, or in the custom theme I'm using? (Unified, in my case). Because the scraper doesn't import anything even if the clear logo box is ticked (I own an EmuMovie regular login, not premium).

Clear logo's are available on both emumovies and our database, both are free.

3 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Clear logo's are available on both emumovies and our database, both are free.

Yep, I'm wandering around in both DBs, but for sure I'm missing something... I found resources, but they don't seem to fit my needings. The more extensive and complete packs for arcade games, seems to be theme specific... nothing I can't figure out to use in Unified BB theme neither in LB. I don't need nothing exotic, my collection is less than 1K rcade titles.

1 hour ago, Knowcontrol said:

The LB and Emu scrapers might not find your clear logos if the games are named differently than what is expected in the LB and Emu databases. Did you rename them?

https://gamesdb.launchbox-app.com/

Arcade games are in mame original naming.zip; for Clear logos i could only find packs with names that seems to be theme related (maybe some cross reference file read by he theme), so the file name is a number, instead a name or something like those in the DB for the arcade section. I created playlist using drag & drop launchbox import and letting it do all the job. Didn't any customization in platforms or file name or else.

2 hours ago, Gef said:

Yep, I'm wandering around in both DBs, but for sure I'm missing something... I found resources, but they don't seem to fit my needings. The more extensive and complete packs for arcade games, seems to be theme specific... nothing I can't figure out to use in Unified BB theme neither in LB. I don't need nothing exotic, my collection is less than 1K rcade titles.

You download them from directly within Launchbox.

15 minutes ago, Gef said:

I'm trying deleting everything an import again... uff, what a work! for sure not a smooth experience at all 🤕

Then with all due respect you are doing something wrong, it's a very simply process. Go to Tools/Update metadata and media wizard, check the boxes for the art you want and click OK.

Just now, neil9000 said:

Then with all due respect you are doing something wrong, it's a very simply process. Go to Tools/Update metadata and media wizard, check the boxes for the art you want and click OK.

Did already many times, but no way it downloads that resource; downloaded images, boxes, 3D boxes, but nothing else of what I ticked using the full overwrite metadata option too. Really don't understand what I'm doing wrong... I too thought it was "import media, select wat you want... poof! done", but sadly it isn't so. Let's see after a full reimport ticking everything (even if it could seem a stupid procedure even to me). If you would like we can organize a desktop sharing with a free platform like zoom, so you can see by yourself.

18 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

@GefTry right clicking one game and editing it. Then go into the images section and click the download media button in the bottom right and try to download from there. See if at least one game works and let us know what happens.

Screen Shot 2021-10-22 at 9.45.17 AM.png

Ok. At the moment the scraper it's downloading a fkload of media (4800 elements circa) 'cause I did a full mint reimport deleting all the games... stupid, but didn't see other solutions. If this would not solve, I'll try going for single game editing and will let you know the result.

Edited by Gef

After a mint reimport tickng all the available options for media, clear titles were downloaded regularly and appeared on BigBox theme too automatically.

So evidently something prevented them to be downloaded as an integration to existing media when updating media for a platform with an already populated list, when using tools - update metadata & media, and ticking only clear logos.

Hi @Gef. I'm not sure if this was your issue with the "Update Metadata and Media for Selected Games..." Tool, but a few things to keep in mind when using this tool:

1. That you are actually selecting all the games you want to download Media for before running the tool. As an example, you could choose your platform, select a game and then press CTRL+A on your keyboard
  2. That when you get to this window below, you select the middle option of "Yes, but do not replace any existing fields or media (recommended)

image.thumb.png.cd2c301d95df683b19fec9e4218c632c.png

On 10/22/2021 at 11:35 PM, faeran said:

Hi @Gef. I'm not sure if this was your issue with the "Update Metadata and Media for Selected Games..." Tool, but a few things to keep in mind when using this tool:

1. That you are actually selecting all the games you want to download Media for before running the tool. As an example, you could choose your platform, select a game and then press CTRL+A on your keyboard
  2. That when you get to this window below, you select the middle option of "Yes, but do not replace any existing fields or media (recommended)

image.thumb.png.cd2c301d95df683b19fec9e4218c632c.png

Holy shit... it was so stupid? 🥶 obviously the exact point was that I DIDN'T SELECT games in list, assuming that operation would have affected selected view and the lack of any "MORON; YOU DIDN'T SELECTED ANY GAME" popup tricked me thinking the procedure was doing something, due to the fact it started and processed... nothing. Did tried a couple of other titles SELECTING THEM, and of course the procedure worked perfectly. Thank you very much.