LaunchBox Community Forums

12.5 Play time tracking....

Lukeyboy67

3 minutes ago, Lukeyboy67 said:

I upgraded to 12.5 but can't see the play time tracker, do you have to activate it? looked all through the menus, nothing?

It might depend on which theme you're using. For instance, while using the LBPlex theme for Launchbox, I didn't see that feature there. But when I switched to the default theme, the play counts were there, and I didn't have to do anything to activate it. I'm not sure about BigBox, but this could also be theme-dependent as well.

• Like 1

Yeah, any new feature that actually shows in the UI will only work in the default theme unless the creator of the theme you use decides to update their theme. This is one of the downsides of using custom themes or plugins etc, you have to rely on the creator to still develop the theme when new features are added to Launchbox/Bigbox.

• Like 1

Hello!

I love time tracker, but this was exist some time ago like a plugin (except Steam games that wasnt works).Now I have two time tracker and also a lot of games with the time, that the new add dont recognize that was playing (games played in Retroarch or the rest of the emulators).There is a way to combine both time trackers or to manually edit the new one with the correct time tracker of the games?.

Thanks!.

17 minutes ago, cenutrio351 said:

Hello!

I love time tracker, but this was exist some time ago like a plugin (except Steam games that wasnt works).Now I have two time tracker and also a lot of games with the time, that the new add dont recognize that was playing (games played in Retroarch or the rest of the emulators).There is a way to combine both time trackers or to manually edit the new one with the correct time tracker of the games?.

Thanks!.

You would have to manually edit the xaml of each platform and update each games PlayTime section. It is tracked in total seconds 2:48 is recorded as 168. LB does not have a way to combine a 3rd party plugins data with the metadata it pulls.

<PlayTime>168</PlayTime>

Bit of a shameless plug - I created a script to migrate Playtime Tracker times to the native LaunchBox field: 

Playtime Tracker shows playtime in a "Playtime" Custom Field, but it's not reliable, especially with a Free version. The source of truth for the plugin is in its own data files - located in per-game Plugins\Playtime Tracker\[gameid].txt files.

Edited by CookiePLMonster