LaunchBox Community Forums

Default images

Truest1

Hey guys I realized we can add default images for like say Nintendo DS. 

For missing carts, go to Launchbox/images/platform/ in this case platform is Nintendo DS them make a folder called default cart. Then plate a generic cart inside that. That will be used when a game in that platform has no cart. Same goes for front cover 3s box ext....  

Anyone know how to do that for videos or video themes? 

3 hours ago, Truest1 said:

Hey guys I realized we can add default images for like say Nintendo DS. 

For missing carts, go to Launchbox/images/platform/ in this case platform is Nintendo DS them make a folder called default cart. Then plate a generic cart inside that. That will be used when a game in that platform has no cart. Same goes for front cover 3s box ext....  

Anyone know how to do that for videos or video themes? 

You can't do it for videos, but you could use snaps from your Screenshot - Gameplay folder and put them into the video folder, or recordings folder (if you want to keep them separated).

9 hours ago, zugswang said:

You can't do it for videos, but you could use snaps from your Screenshot - Gameplay folder and put them into the video folder, or recordings folder (if you want to keep them separated).

I see i will try this out. Thank you for your input. Also dope avitar. What format is that in? I would like to make one like that for myself.

On 1/30/2022 at 10:55 AM, TinyTsuruta said:

I came looking for this today. This is one of the few features from CoinOps I'd love to see in LB/BB. Was hoping to use Japanese TV commercials for each console to fill in those that I don't have video for. 

Yes seems to be a great feature missing from Launchbox big box. Same goes for all other type of media type. Should be able to place it in a default folder. To make things look less blank. 

11 minutes ago, Truest1 said:

Can this also work for marqee and video snaps. Where a generic platform video snap can be used? 

I don't believe we have that functionality for marquees or videos I'm afraid. You could always request it via the Help and Support/Request a Feature link at the top of the page.

53 minutes ago, Truest1 said:

Amazing thank you. This saves alot of time and effort for sure. Can this also work for marqee and video snaps. Where a generic platform video snap can be used? 

Other than Neil's recommendation for a Feature update the only way for this to be done is custom coding in a theme.

Marquees though do have new coding that will default to clear logo and fanart backgrounds when no marquee image file exists. It has logic that will check for a marquee video and if none fall back to marquee image. Then if no marquee image, fallback to clear logo and fanart background. If you are using a custom theme though the theme will likely not have this coding. You can simply open the BB Defaul theme and copy the GameMarqueeView.xml file into the /Views folder of your custom theme.

23 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

Other than Neil's recommendation for a Feature update the only way for this to be done is custom coding in a theme.

Marquees though do have new coding that will default to clear logo and fanart backgrounds when no marquee image file exists. It has logic that will check for a marquee video and if none fall back to marquee image. Then if no marquee image, fallback to clear logo and fanart background. If you are using a custom theme though the theme will likely not have this coding. You can simply open the BB Defaul theme and copy the GameMarqueeView.xml file into the /Views folder of your custom theme.

Great recommendation brotha i will definitely do this tonight. Question about video marqee. Where do I copy the video file to get it to work as marqee in say unified theme? Or do we have to copy some XML file for that as well?