LaunchBox Community Forums

Custom command-line parameters not being saved in Launchbox 12.9

LuismaSP89

Not sure when this started to happen, but at least on the latest version (12.9)  using the Custom command-line parameters (Under emulation option) inside any game is not working, since the settings are not saved and if you save and close, the parameters are deleted.

Almost every time we get reports of things not saving it is because there are backup files in your data folder that don't belong. Navigate to \\Launchbox\Data\ and makes sure there is only one file per platform in there and no files ending in "-backup.xml". You will need to look in all subfolders for those files as well.

After more testing, I observed this happens only in one of my platforms, but this is the only field affected, other fields like "notes" or game genre are saving properly. And the xml file seems fine, is there any way to solve this else than delete the platform entirely and doing from scratch?

7 minutes ago, LuismaSP89 said:

After more testing, I observed this happens only in one of my platforms, but this is the only field affected, other fields like "notes" or game genre are saving properly. And the xml file seems fine, is there any way to solve this else than delete the platform entirely and doing from scratch?

Maybe you should actually state WHICH platform that is, as it may be relevant information.

I don't get your point, because you can create many platforms as you want and put any name, the platform itself is only a name. In this case I put "Sony Playstation 2" but is not the default platform by launchbox, but one I created long ago.

In any case, I deleted this platform completely and started from scratch "doing fist a backup of the complete launchbox folder, of course" created the platform again with the same name, and the issue persist. This is very strange.

Searching on the forum, I found this post:

This is EXACTLY the same problem as mine, reported 1year ago. So this "bug" is a bit hidden.

Testing on a new install and the issue doesn't happen, but seems happening for those we have launchbox since some time ago. Is there a way to inform the devs about this?

50 minutes ago, LuismaSP89 said:

I don't get your point, because you can create many platforms as you want and put any name, the platform itself is only a name. In this case I put "Sony Playstation 2" but is not the default platform by launchbox, but one I created long ago.

I once had the same problem with the culprit being the PCSX2 Configurator Next plugin. Removing the plugin from the LaunchBox plugin folder solved the issue.

Edited by Your Friendly A.I Overlord
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, LuismaSP89 said:

Woah, dude, you hit the right spot, that was exactly the issue. THANK YOU SO MUCH!

And they wouldn't of known to mention that if you hadn't stated the platform you were having the issue with. That is why details matter.

16 hours ago, neil9000 said:

And they wouldn't of known to mention that if you hadn't stated the platform you were having the issue with. That is why details matter.

Again... it was a coincidence, the platform is just a name you put in order to create the corresponding XML. I mean, you can have 3 or 4 plaftorms of the same console if you want, one of them with issues, and the others don't.

7 minutes ago, LuismaSP89 said:

Again... it was a coincidence, the platform is just a name you put in order to create the corresponding XML. I mean, you can have 3 or 4 plaftorms of the same console if you want, one of them with issues, and the others don't.

No, in this case your issue was specific to the PS2 platform as it was caused by a plugin for that system. The same issue you ran into would not of happened like that for any other platform as no others have that specific plugin. So yes you stating the platform WAS important information, and as soon as you mentioned it someone else gave you the solution to your exact issue. How do you not see that?

16 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

No, in this case your issue was specific to the PS2 platform as it was caused by a plugin for that system. The same issue you ran into would not of happened like that for any other platform as no others have that specific plugin. So yes you stating the platform WAS important information, and as soon as you mentioned it someone else gave you the solution to your exact issue. How do you not see that?

Ok, I'm not going to spend more time trying to explain you that yes, with the platform name that user gave me the answer, because it has a relation with an specific plugin, but it was a coincidence. If I had the problem on any other platform with name "potato" or regarding any other emulator, and the problem was on the xml itselft or with launchbox, the name of the platform have not interest on that case.

No, that was not coincidence. That was flat out related to the specific platform and knowing more details up front eliminates a lot of things. 

The simple fact is the more specific details any user can provide the more accurately and efficiently we can troubleshoot. We can sit here all day and go into what if’s, but the devil is always in the details. 

I think the horse has been beaten. So let us just move on and end it here.