LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox not scraping emumovies? Emumovies connection issues.

AncientCarthage

It might help someone:
I rearranged my Sega Saturn Platform which also required re-downloading all the media files. I first downloaded all games from the Launchbox database with just the metadata (3D boxes, front boxes, clear logos etc). I canceled the Emumovie search. After all data has been downloaded (which LB works extremely quickly after the update), I marked all games and downloaded the media again using the tool function. I did not select any graphics from the LB database, after a few seconds I was able to click in the tab Emumovies select my files to download, here I only selected the snaps. The download of the files then started after a few seconds.

Thank you for banning me from Discord however simply for mentioning Emumovies is supposedly waiting on Launchbox to patch the problem whereas a mod said it was Emumovies that had to fix it. Apparently that makes me a shit stirrer ... nice mods you have. For a customer of company that sold Big Box, I'm very disappointed in this attitude.

• Like 1

Just now, Lordmonkus said:

You came in starting an argument, we said it was being looked into and you didn't wanna drop it, you kept going after being told to stop, hence the ban.

No YOU kept accusing me. This is no way to treat a customer who asked a normal question which Neil9000 confirmed was confusing. The last post I saw on Emumovies stated they were waiting on Launchbox to patch it, you stated something else and I was asking for clarification. You posted an older message than the one I had read and I mentioned my update was more recent. You then proceeded to accuse me of shit stirring. I kept saying "no I'm not shit stirring", you kept pushing and then banned me for defending me against your nasty accusations. Is this how Launchbox moderators work? Insulting a customer and then when they say it's not true you ban them?

• Like 1

We did make code changes in the latest versions of LaunchBox for more performant EmuMovies downloads. That is easy to figure out, as it's in our change logs. Those changes worked just fine for a while with the EmuMovies servers, but something happened on EmuMovies' end that has caused lots of trouble as of late. The issues are likely exacerbated by the fact that we are now taxing EmuMovies servers more than we were before, but these issues were not caused by the recent LaunchBox code changes, which is clear because everything worked great for a while after the 12.8 release (which contained the more parallel downloads update).

Regardless, we're not here to place blame. We are looking for a solution, and we're working together with EmuMovies on it. We will have an official announcement/update out before the end of the day.

• Thanks 3

RULLUR received a warning for the post of his that I just deleted. This goes for everyone. We're not looking for social justice warriors here. We want this community to be open, honest, and free. It's true that not everyone always responds in the nicest of ways. That can always be improved. But what we do NOT need is people commenting on these things and causing further drama by calling the situation out.

Most people in this community could stand to have a small dose of humble pie, myself and the moderators included. Please do your best practice some humility instead of spreading further drama and attempting to win fights.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • The Cake is a Lie 1