LaunchBox Community Forums

FYI: There's a new Atari Jaguar emulator out there

bundangdon

For all of you Atari Jaguar fans, a new Atari Jaguar emulator has been released, named "BigPEmu". Supposedly it's the program-emulator used in the Atari 50th Anniversary Collection and has a 100% compatibility rate, including CD games (updated 2/10/23). Can't really confirm that just yet, but so far, I've got it working fine and it's running smoothly with no extra parameters in LaunchBox. Here's the link to the author's homepage:

https://www.richwhitehouse.com/jaguar/index.php

Someone on YouTube recently posted a video about it too earlier today. Here's the link:

Edited by bundangdon
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I have given it a short test and am simply amazed at how perfect this runs as a 1.0 release. I'll always have a soft spot for the Atari Jaguar and didn't think this would ever get to the point of being playable given the pace of development. My weekend plans have just changed.

• Game On 1

WOW does this work great.

• Per game settings
  • Per game controls 
  • Save states
  • Overclocking

Even though it's NOT an authentic Jaguar experience, being able to overclock the CPUs makes some of these games actually playable in an enjoyable way which they weren't on the real console.

23 hours ago, moudrost said:

Has anyone had any luck setting an exit script so ESC exits the emulator?

I'm using the standard Winclose that works fine:

$Esc::
{
    WinClose, ahk_exe {{{StartupEXE}}}
}

Edit: Amazingly generous of Rich the author to release this free to the public while dealing with his serious issues. Thanks Rich.

Edited by Headrush69
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Game On 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...