LaunchBox Community Forums

COMMUNITY Theme Creator for BigBox 2.5 Evaluation

56 minutes ago, PaDeMoNiuM said:

Question at 2 dollars !

Can we modify our theme in 2.5, copy and paste the ctc files in the 2.3 edition

and edit!?

I tell myself who can do more, can do less;

you never know on a misunderstanding it can work, Nope?

😁😅

you can but i would not recommend it, when you copy a 2.3 Theme to 2.5 it is converted, when you copy 2.5 to 2.3 new properties (2.5) are dropped and no conversion from 2.5 > 2.3 occurs

Edited by y2guru

Hey y2guru, 

I'm making a theme. It's going well but I have a question. How do I add a simple border around selected images in a wall view as seen in this image? This is my theme currently and the cyan rectangle is just a dummy rectangle behind the wheel. I'm trying to achieve this border while still maintaining a near constant 60fps. I've tried making the border with a wheel item template but my fps in BigBox drops to what seems like 40ps when scrolling. Would it be possible to add a border option in the wheel settings for the selected game? If not, how/where can I add some code to add a simple border without using a wheel template?

If it matters, my rig is a gtx1070, i7-6700k(2016) and 32gb ram and Launchbox is on an SSD

Thanks!

716814396_StarRating-55.thumb.png.f05c841ff80665c097ad514f899ff829.png

48 minutes ago, Dan Patrick said:

Hey y2guru, 

I'm making a theme. It's going well but I have a question. How do I add a simple border around selected images in a wall view as seen in this image? This is my theme currently and the cyan rectangle is just a dummy rectangle behind the wheel. I'm trying to achieve this border while still maintaining a near constant 60fps. I've tried making the border with a wheel item template but my fps in BigBox drops to what seems like 40ps when scrolling. Would it be possible to add a border option in the wheel settings for the selected game? If not, how/where can I add some code to add a simple border without using a wheel template?

If it matters, my rig is a gtx1070, i7-6700k(2016) and 32gb ram and Launchbox is on an SSD

Thanks!

716814396_StarRating-55.thumb.png.f05c841ff80665c097ad514f899ff829.png

Using your own XAML or Using Wheel Item Template to build the same XAML is the only way you will be able to customize the Wheel.    The wheel code belongs to the Launchbox team, but they developed it in a way that allows you to customize it if you know XAML  I just generate the XAML.  Personally i think anything over 30 FPS is a win.

20 hours ago, y2guru said:

trying to wrap up this new feature which im sure you will find extremely useful depending on your use case.

This is amazing - I was trying to do something similar a few months back, using altered versions of the 'Colorful' theme graphics, just as a play around more than anything but couldn't figure out decent a way to do it. It will certainly open up a lot of possibilities!

On 12/17/2022 at 3:25 PM, DemmyTree said:

No problem, theres a little work i've had a go at around that can be useful so long as not concerned about text lists however is not very friendly for transitioning, on the wheel creation, so long as you give a lot of space you should make the logo show twice upside down on one side and the other, i did try use the vertical wheel for this so it would show the 3d box's on the sides and then the main box up front however they'd have to be pictures in that mode, obviously not exacly friendly how it looks but these screenshots are without the 3d box option just going off vertical option only as an example how i tried mess.

2.png

One.png

this feature is back in for version 2.5, you can thank @faeran for that!

Edited by y2guru
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, y2guru said:

yeah, thats the hard part

Well one good thing is the animations will be a nice implement with this, as i was thinking with the wheel varient, the plan in my head was something like, when the menu item changed it would transition with one appearing from the top and one appearing from the bottom to create the idea that it was going through them as seperate lists, I'd have probably tried this with the vertical spin wheel so then it would have somewhat flung it both ways across each side of the screen.

Just a quick question (Where I'm admittedly probably just doing or understanding something incorrectly), I can't seem to get wheel item templates to show up when editing a view. That is, I created a template in "GameWheelItem1" and changed the Wheel Item type in  WallGamesView (and also in WheelGamesView to make sure it wasn't just an incompatibility with the wall view) to "Template" and selected the GameWheelItem1 in the dropdown. This caused all the items in the view to disappear both in the editor and on the main screen. Is this expected behavior?

On 12/18/2022 at 10:27 PM, y2guru said:

trying to wrap up this new feature which im sure you will find extremely useful depending on your use case.

That's amazing. 

Currently i have 15 or so different platform configurations becuase of the different dimensons of videos that need to fit in images as you show in your video.   That means if i need to tweak something on the default view i have to do it on every config for 4 views which is a lot of editing but with this if i'm thinking correctly i only need 1 config now!!!!

Best addition ever 😂

5 minutes ago, blattacker said:

Just a quick question (Where I'm admittedly probably just doing or understanding something incorrectly), I can't seem to get wheel item templates to show up when editing a view. That is, I created a template in "GameWheelItem1" and changed the Wheel Item type in  WallGamesView (and also in WheelGamesView to make sure it wasn't just an incompatibility with the wall view) to "Template" and selected the GameWheelItem1 in the dropdown. This caused all the items in the view to disappear both in the editor and on the main screen. Is this expected behavior?

no its not. send me your wheel item template and take screenshots of the wheel settings within the wallgamesview and wheelgamesview

Edited by y2guru

Just now, PaulyC said:

That's amazing. 

Currently i have 15 or so different platform configurations becuase of the different dimensons of videos that need to fit in images as you show in your video.   That means if i need to tweak something on the default view i have to do it on every config for 4 views which is a lot of editing but with this if i'm thinking correctly i only need 1 config now!!!!

Best addition ever 😂

correct, 1 config

• Game On 1

9 minutes ago, y2guru said:

correct, 1 config

I can't thank you enough for this.   I have had to try find the relvelent strings i was changing in the xaml and mass find and replace in notepad++ to try and make things easier/quicker than going though 60 configs 1 by 1 so this is an absolute godsend 👍

Edit: Just counted and i have 25 configs and 4 views so that would be 100 i needed to edit 🤣

Edited by PaulyC

1 minute ago, PaulyC said:

I can't thank you enough for this.   I have had to try find the relvelent strings i was changing in the xaml and mass find and replace in notepad++ to try and make things easier/quicker than going though 60 configs 1 by 1 so this is an absolute godsend 👍

i aim to please

12 minutes ago, y2guru said:

no its not. send me your wheel item template and take screenshots of the wheel settings within the wallgamesview and wheelgamesview

I can still send extra information if you'd like, but I think the issue had something to do with how I initially copied the theme project over, as I literally just discovered that the issue does not persist in a new theme project.

2 minutes ago, blattacker said:

I can still send extra information if you'd like, but I think the issue had something to do with how I initially copied the theme project over, as I literally just discovered that the issue does not persist in a new theme project.

ah ok, well let me know how you make out with the wheel item templates, no one has commented on using them yet and that was the lion share of version 2.5

17 minutes ago, y2guru said:

ah ok, well let me know how you make out with the wheel item templates, no one has commented on using them yet and that was the lion share of version 2.5

I'm mostly using it to create a border around the selected items in the Wall View, so I'm not doing anything too crazy or advanced, but it's working extremely well for that, now that I've got a project going where I can see it!

15 minutes ago, blattacker said:

I'm mostly using it to create a border around the selected items in the Wall View, so I'm not doing anything too crazy or advanced, but it's working extremely well for that, now that I've got a project going where I can see it!

advanced or not, the test is how easy is it for you to produce what you intended

6 minutes ago, y2guru said:

advanced or not, the test is how easy is it for you to produce what you intended

In that case, it's great! Really intuitive to use, and I appreciate that there are so many templates available to use, since it lets me accommodate the borders for platforms with different aspect ratios for their box art!