LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox 13.7 Released!

faeran

51 minutes ago, Robdot1968 said:

Hello, I tried what you suggested and everything imported okay but when I go to open any of the games, nothing works.  please help.  Just got news the new update is out, so I will try that and let you guys know.

Thanks

This is not a beta related issues. If games are not running this is usually a setting issue or a rom issue. 

Please go to the troubleshooting subforum and start a new thread. We can focus there in helping you with your setup issues. 

The problem for me with the last few updates seems to stem from the Data/Platforms folder. It has an issue with specific files, like the Arcade, Windows and Sega Naomi XML files. It's random why it chose these files. It made it so only some of the box art covers appear for Arcade, Windows and Sega Naomi games. It's not easy either to make these box art covers appear again. The strange part is the images are there, but the box art covers are not showing. In order to get the box art to appear I have to remove the images of that game and then delete the game. The images must be deleted before the next step. Now I have to add the game to the Arcade list for example and use meta to download the images and click ok and now the box art cover appears, but this method doesn't always work. 

Edited by Orionsangel

1 hour ago, Orionsangel said:

The problem for me with the last few updates seems to stem from the Data/Platforms folder. It has an issue with specific files, like the Arcade, Windows and Sega Naomi XML files. It's random why it chose these files. It made it so only some of the box art covers appear for Arcade, Windows and Sega Naomi games. It's not easy either to make these box art covers appear again. The strange part is the images are there, but the box art covers are not showing. In order to get the box art to appear I have to remove the images of that game and then delete the game. The images must be deleted before the next step. Now I have to add the game to the Arcade list for example and use meta to download the images and click ok and now the box art cover appears, but this method doesn't always work. 

Can you throw your entire data folder into a zip file and then send me the zip? Sounds like your have something going on in your data files and would make it much easier to attempt to resolve if I had them.