LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox 13.7 Released!

faeran

Version 13.7 - Released October 6, 2023

Full Changelog: https://www.launchbox-app.com/about/changelog

• New Feature: A new Manage Storefronts window allows for easy access of your storefront credentials and automated import settings; this can be found under Tools > Manage > Storefronts
  • New Feature: You can now choose to automatically import storefront games that are not currently installed (as opposed to only installed games in the previous version)
  • New Feature: You can now change your automatic import settings on a per-storefront basis
  • Improvement: The automatic storefront import processes can now be manually run by going to Tools > Scan > Scan for Storefront Games, or by right clicking the LaunchBox taskbar icon (if enabled) and selecting Scan for Added Games
  • Improvement: The Genre sidebar filter now nests genre / sub-genre pairs similar to the on-the-fly filter
  • Improvement: The media download default settings during an import have been modified to be more sensible for new users; they can then be adjusted to the user's preferences
  • Improvement: Added the ".chm" file extension to the list of extensions used to identify an additional application as a document
  • Improvement: Updated Ubisoft's game import and install state logic to match some changes made in Ubisoft's processes
  • Improvement: Big Box's Recent Games list has been adjusted to better represent games a user last played
  • Improvement: The Most Played Game listed in Platform/Filter details is now chosen based on both play count and play time, instead of just play count
  • Improvement: A Turkish language translation has been added thanks to eonder87 and StoneGolem
  • Fixed: The RetroAchievements.org integration has been removed due to the extended downtime of their API (it's been non-functional for over three months). We are actively looking into a replacement (or developing a replacement).
  • Fixed: Some LaunchBox themes were using more memory than they should and not releasing it correctly
  • Fixed: The Steam Trailer media type was always defaulting to checked in the Steam Import Wizard instead of being set to the last-used value
  • Fixed: Platform icons weren't displaying for free users correctly if there was an '&' in the name of the platform or playlist
  • Fixed: Some of the controller binding images were incorrect in Big Box
  • Fixed: Several rare errors related to the Download Metadata and Media process
  • Fixed: The tooltip string was missing in the Default theme's 3D model preview
  • Fixed: The LaunchBox Default theme's Font folder was remaining locked after closing LaunchBox
  • Fixed: Launching an additional application listed as a document will no longer increment the Play Count or Play Time fields
  • Fixed: The update prompt was not showing when using message box notifications
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Trying to Import MAME 0.259 freezing LB 13.7 when parsing just frozen for hours and crashes LB. I'll have to agree this was not a well tested prior and I'm on a clean install on a new pc.

This should only take a moment ... um yeah right lol

So I went back to 13.5 and works perfectly so yes, 13.7 is an issue

Edited by Krakerman

3 hours ago, M_xk8 said:

upgraded, now my 3ds and nds does not open from launchbox, only from a standalong emulator.... something has gone wrong with this one 

Did you get any sort of error message or it just returns to LB/BB. 

Tested both these systems on my main cab and my test set-up and games ran fine. 

4 hours ago, Krakerman said:

Trying to Import MAME 0.259 freezing LB 13.7 when parsing just frozen for hours and crashes LB. I'll have to agree this was not a well tested prior and I'm on a clean install on a new pc.

This should only take a moment ... um yeah right lol

So I went back to 13.5 and works perfectly so yes, 13.7 is an issue

I’ve used the MAME importer over the weekend quite heavily and can confirm the issue. The first import works like intended within a fresh LB installation but when I start it a second time (doesn't matter if I delete all games/the whole platform beforehand) it just locks itself in the “wait a moment” screen forever and I must kill the process through the task manager.

The only way to get another import done is by setting up another new fresh install. I’ve probably set up 3 or 4 different LB installations over the past two days. I tested it with both the regular and the no-nag versions of MAME 0.259 and even once tried to delete the Mame.xml in the metadata folder before starting the importer. Got always the exact same behavior.

EDIT: To clarify, it doesn’t matter if you use the full set importer or manually add some ROMs. You can only import exact one batch of MAME ROMs and that’s it.

Edited by CriticalCid

2 minutes ago, knapman said:

Did the default theme change in this update, im using a modified default theme from the previous version, do I need to reapply the edits to get any fixes or ok to keep using the old theme?

The change log is posted in the first post. Any changes to the Default theme in a release would be noted. 

@CriticalCid @Krakerman I was able to find a bug in the code that could cause a threading issue loading the MAME.xml metadata file that could be potentially causing your reported issue. The code has been in this state for over a year though and so I'd assume some changes in 13.6+ caused the threading to execute on different cores and brought this issue to light. I have the code corrected internally and we should have a beta out fairly soon that you can test against the change. A work around for now would be to go to Tools > Download > Force Update Database Metadata and run that before running your MAME import. If you run it manually before the import the potential thread clash shouldn't be possible and you should be able to import as you would before.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, knapman said:

Did the default theme change in this update, im using a modified default theme from the previous version, do I need to reapply the edits to get any fixes or ok to keep using the old theme?

I like the look of the new default theme and I would use it, but they removed the plus symbol above box art images that lets you see the box art full screen.

I did a topic on an issue that appeared for me with the 13.6 update and is on going.  It's hard to example without showing it. Basically you'll get a box art image that's not appearing. Normally you use meta to download the images. Then the box art will show up in Launchbox, but sometimes they don't show up, but the images are there. So what I do is remove all the images from that game and delete the game. Then re-add the game and download the meta files and not it gets fixed and you see the box art image.  I thought 13.7 would fix it, but it brought more problems.