LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox 13.15 - Beta Thread

faeran

Since 13.15 Turbografx16 games doesn't load with beetle-pce and beetle-pce-fast cores (no error, it just does nothing). When I start those games directly from retroarch it works flawlessly.

In 13.14 it was ok. Maybe somethingto do with the new command line variables for the romnames//extensions? The default Commandline in the LB Options for that emulator is completly untouched on my side (just -f is set).

Deleted the RA config/shaderconfig files for the cores - same result.

On 6/15/2024 at 6:53 PM, MrDeKat said:

I don't know if it's done on purpose or if it's always worked that way, but in field "Publishers", even though there are several names in the database, only shows one of them.

For example, for game: https://gamesdb.launchbox-app.com/games/details/388340

image.thumb.png.c4a466eee36aa2999863f7b6b7634bdf.png

image.thumb.png.f8c13bb1ec12a980dc34897b24f63eeb.png

Not related to beta. Was an issue on the web database side of things that has been resolved. You will have to force update your games database to see the new data.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, C-Beats said:

Not related to beta. Was an issue on the web database side of things that has been resolved. You will have to force update your games database to see the new data.

Question: When i force the metadata update will it overwrite the name/title field of the games as well?

17 hours ago, Buccaneer said:

Question: When i force the metadata update will it overwrite the name/title field of the games as well?

If you tell it to. If you want to just update that one field then use bulk edit to clear it on all the games and then select the "don't overwrite" option

1 hour ago, C-Beats said:

If you tell it to. If you want to just update that one field then use bulk edit to clear it on all the games and then select the "don't overwrite" option

I've never thought about that, lol. Thanks for the answer.

On 6/17/2024 at 5:25 PM, C-Beats said:

Ok, I didn't know if it was related to the beta or not. When I updated the database, all companies appeared correctly. Thanks!!! ☺️

On 6/15/2024 at 9:55 AM, bikeking8 said:

Excited for the ScummVM import, but it's not importing a large amount of games that are playable by loading straight in the emulator. My game folders are under /Games/ScummVM, my ScummVM installation is the one downloaded from LB under /ThirdParty/ScummVM and it's updated (but it doesn't load games launched from the LB app, games need to be run in ScummVM itself), and I've done a mass add in ScummVM to ensure everything is "loaded". I've used "Add Folder" import to add the /Games/ScummVM folder and chose to scan subdirectories, force importing dupes, and using folder name for game name but it still leaves a bunch out. Here's the games that are not imported each time:

Bargon Attack
Beneath a Steel Sky
Blues ABC Time
Broken Sword 2 The Smoking Mirror
Castle of Dr. Brain
Codename Iceman
Conquests of Camelot
Conquests of the Longbow The Legend of Robin Hood
Cruise for a Corpse
Day Of The Tentacle
Discworld 1
EcoQuest 1 The Search for Cetus
Elvira 1 Mistress of the Dark
Elvira 2 The Jaws of Cerberus
Fascination
Fatty Bears Birthday Surprise
Fatty Bears Funpack
Flight of the Amazon Queen
Freddi Fish & Luthers Maze Madness
Freddi Fish & Luthers Water Worries
Freddi Fish 1 The Case of the Missing Kelp Seeds
Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist
Full Throttle
Future Wars
Gabriel Knight Sins Of The Fathers
Geisha
Gnap
Gobliiins 1
Gobliins 2
Goblins 3
Gold Rush!
Hero Quest So You Want To Be A Hero
Hoyle Official Book Of Games Volume 1
Hoyle Official Book Of Games Volume 2
Hoyle Official Book Of Games Volume 3
Hugo 2 Whodunit
I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
Inherit the Earth Quest for the Orb
Island of Dr. Brain
Jones In The Fast Lane
Kings Quest 1 Quest for the Crown
Kings Quest 2 Romancing the Throne
Kings Quest 3 To Heir is Human
Kings Quest 4 The Perils of Rosella
Kings Quest 5 Absence Makes the Heart go Yonder
Kings Quest 6 Heir Today, Gone Tomorrow
Kings Quest 7 The Princeless Bride
Labyrinth of Time
Lands of Lore The Throne of Chaos
Laura Bow 2 The Dagger of AmonRa
Leather Goddesses of Phobos 2
Leisure Suit Larry 2 Goes looking for Love
Leisure Suit Larry 3 Passionate Patti in Pursuit of the Pulsating Pectorals
Leisure Suit Larry 5 Passionate Patty Does a Little Undercover Work
Leisure Suit Larry 6 Shape Up or Slip Out
Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Lounge Lizards
Lighthouse
Living Books Cat in the Hat
Living Books Dr. Seuss ABC
Living Books Green Eggs and Ham
Loom
Lost in Time
Manhunter 2 San Francisco
Maniac Mansion
Mixed Up Fairy Tales
Mixed Up Mother Goose
Mixed Up Mother Goose Deluxe
Monkey Island 2 LeChucks Revenge
Myst Masterpiece
Nippon Safes Inc
Pajama Sams Lost And Found
Personal Nightmare
Phantasmagoria
Playtoons 2 Case of the Counterfeit Collaborator
Plumbers Dont Wear Ties
Police Quest 1 In Pursuit of the Death Angel
Police Quest 2 The Vengeance
Police Quest 3 The Kindred
Police Quest 4 Open Season
PuttPutt and Fatty Bears Activity Pack
PuttPutt Goes to the Moon
PuttPutt Joins the Parade
PuttPutts Fun Pack
Quest for Glory 2 Trial by Fire
Quest for Glory 3 The Wages of War
Riven
Road
Rodneys Fun Screen
Sam and Max Hit the Road
Sfinx v1.1
Simon the Sorcerer 1
Simon the Sorcerer 2
Slater & Charlie Go Camping
Space Quest 1 The Sarien Encounter
Space Quest 2 Vohauls Revenge
Space Quest 3 The Pirates of Pestulon
Space Quest 4 Roger Wilco and the Time Rippers
The Dig
The Feeble Files
The Legend of Kyrandia 1
The Manhole
The Secret of Monkey Island
Voyeur
Waxworks
Ween The Prophecy
Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders

Kind of curious how you were setting some things up. It kind of sounds like you may have some user config issues, but it's unclear where. Are you able to send me a PM with your Data files, I'll dig around them.

On 6/15/2024 at 10:27 PM, crusadeRGP said:

@faeran Can Sega MSU-MD be looked at for this update I've found the importer will not find the correct game file extension which is .md but will add .cue which will not load the game

Never heard of MSU-MD, can you send me a PM with information about it.

On 6/16/2024 at 8:52 AM, Rlad said:

Retroachievements profile now requires verification.

Screenshot2024-06-15000723.thumb.jpg.26452d7426ce3bb0a0b561ba8342804e.jpg

Yeah, RetroAchievements changed this sometime late last year to help with all the issues they were having for most of 2023. This, unfortunately, ended up being the unintended side-effect to their change.

Beta 4 is now out with the following changes:

• New Feature: Added support for automatic import of Vita3k games that have been added into its virtual hard drive, when the Vita3k emulator is added into LaunchBox and the Automatic Import of ROMs is enabled
  • New Feature: Added support for automatic import of RPCS3 games that have been added into its virtual hard drive, when the RPCS3 emulator is added into LaunchBox and the Automatic Import of ROMs is enabled
  • Improvement: RAHasher has been updated to the latest version, which improves the hashing of PSP games that are in CHD format

For Vita3k testers: the way the emulator works is that all games need to be added into the emulator and onto its virtual hard drive before you can play the game. If you add Vita3k as an emulator into LaunchBox (there should now be a Vita3k emulator profile to choose from the dropdown which comes pre-loaded with the right settings. If you don't see it, you may need to run Tools > Download > Force Update Games Database Metadata...) and you have our auto-import process enabled, you should be able to start up LaunchBox and see your games be imported.

From there, you can test the scan for added and removed ROMs functionality. If you add or remove a game from Vita3k's virtual hard drive, then run the Scan for Added/Removed ROMs feature, you should be prompted to add/remove the game from LaunchBox.

The same also goes for RPCS3 for people willing to test.

Thanks everyone.

• Like 3
  • Game On 1

UPDATE #2

This is the error in the box:

Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service. : 'P:\Roms\dev_hdd0\game\BCES01118\USRDIR\built\sound\bank\52b66ec0'  ----not sure why LB would be looking for roms in that particular folder??? o.O 

And of course turning off the Auto Import stopped the crash

My PS3 roms are using the Virtual system to a mapped drive as you can see above.

I am continuously getting this if I open LB and let LB sit idol after a couple minutes. Not happening in BB, 

LaunchBox_FxZBVmw3pf.thumb.png.1b5199a14e46fc9520d4878695ce513b.png

UPDATE: Added log file

Debug 2024-06-20 03-02-19 AM.log

BTW - I still get the black screens that I reported in v13.14 using the last 3 Nvidea drivers on 3 different GTX cards. 

Edited by The Papaw
added more info

Beta 5 is out with the following changes:

• Improvement: Our Dependency Files feature will now automatically detect your system directory by reading your RetroArch configuration file
  • Improvement: Optimized emulator file extension priorities to help with MSU systems (This is not 100% complete for this release. More work will go into this one before final release)
  • Fixed: Resolved an issue where Big Box could remain the topmost window unexpectedly
  • Fixed: We will now globally enable overlays within your RetroArch configuration file when you choose to download bezels through LaunchBox
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/19/2024 at 11:47 AM, faeran said:

New Feature: Added support for automatic import of RPCS3 games that have been added into its virtual hard drive, when the RPCS3 emulator is added into LaunchBox and the Automatic Import of ROMs is enabled

Still broke, see above post. Is there a way to turn OFF the plugin pop-up?????

Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service. : 'P:\Roms\dev_hdd0\game\BCES01118\USRDIR\built\sound\bank\52b66ec0'

App:     LaunchBox
Version: 13.15-beta-5
Theme:   Papaws Default
Type:    System.IO.IOException
Site:    IntPtr CreateRelativeDirectoryHandle(System.ReadOnlySpan`1[System.Char], System.String)
Source:  System.Private.CoreLib

at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerator`1.CreateRelativeDirectoryHandle(ReadOnlySpan`1 relativePath, String fullPath)
   at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerator`1.MoveNext()
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Processes.WinScanning.ScanForPs3Games(String platformName)
   at AdapterFactoryObserver.RemoveReflectiveInterpreter(String platformName, AdapterFactoryObserver )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Processes.WinScanning.ScanForNewRoms(String platformName, String folderPath, String scrapeAs)
   at ModelFactoryObserver.RemoveReflectiveInterpreter(String platformName, String folderPath, String scrapeAs, ModelFactoryObserver )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Processes.WinScanning.ScanForNewRoms(Platform platform, List`1 items)
   at FactoryExpressionObserver.RemoveReflectiveInterpreter(Platform platform, List`1 items, FactoryExpressionObserver )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Monitoring.GameDirectoryMonitor.StartWatching()
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.MainViewModel.<>c.DefineDistributedCandidate(Object )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.MainViewModel.<>c.RemoveDrivenMapping()
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Threading.<>c__DisplayClass0_0.ComputeNotificationFactory()
   at System.Threading.Thread.StartHelper.Callback(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
--- End of stack trace from previous location ---
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)

Recent Log:

4:29:24 PM Exception

Black screen issues I have been having introduced in 13.13 and Nvidea drivers above version 551.61 are Startup Theme related. Even default LB causes the issue. Turn them off and games using RA and bezels I'm using work fine. 

Edited by The Papaw

• Beta 5  shows a popup on every start "Update for one of your Plugins available".
  • When i enter the plugin manager it shows no plugins at all 

PS Still can't start any beetle-pce/beetle-pce-fast games, starting in RetroArch directly works (see my post from a few days ago) Is it just on my machine? Can anybody please confirm/deny?

1 hour ago, Buccaneer said:
  • Beta 5  shows a popup on every start "Update for one of your Plugins available".
  • When i enter the plugin manager it shows no plugins at all 

PS Still can't start any beetle-pce/beetle-pce-fast games, starting in RetroArch directly works (see my post from a few days ago) Is it just on my machine? Can anybody please confirm/deny?

Having this same issue. Every time I start up Launchbox, it keeps telling me there's an "Update for one of your plugins" and then shows nothing in the plugin manager

• Like 1

Showing the same as others. I've updated to 13.15 beta 5 from 13.14. When Launchbox starts it says I have plugins to update but there are no plugins listed in the Plugin Manager. I've also noticed that there is an issue where opening Launchbox too quickly after closing it will cause the window that states there is an instance running already is behind the startup/loading bar window so you can't actually read the window with the message.