LaunchBox Community Forums

Radiance 0.4

(2 reviews)

4 Screenshots

About This File

Here is an early release version of theme Radiance.

This theme is based around the Aura theme by iGarikoitz.

3.thumb.PNG.c42a6adec4f61b3156f29d878c127277.PNG

Things to note:

• Theme works best with game music.
  • Theme works best when you have 1 boxart image per game. If you have more than 1 boxart image for a game, the box highlight may not work properly. This is because the coverflow will randomly select a boxart image to display, and the box highlight will also randomly select a boxart image to use for sizing the highlight. If they choose differently, then it will look off. There is currently no way to know which image the coverflow will select to display.
  • This theme does not work well if a system has boxart that is not uniform.
  • Custom changes on a per-platform basis need to be made. All system may not be currently covered. If you find a system that is not currently covered, please let me know and I'll look into it.

Have fun!

Credits:

Faeran - Created the Radiance theme for Launchbox
iGarikoitz - The inspiration for Radiance, including his Aura and Aura 4k themes for RetroFE
Tronkyfran - Platform background graphics used from his Tronkyfran theme for Emulation Station

What's New in Version 0.4   See changelog

Released

May 4, 2019

• Fixed foreign language character issue with Scout Black font
  • Alpha numeric index is now invisible until triggered to give a better sense of when you have targeted it
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 3
  • Game On 2

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I was hoping for this to be a nice clean theme with subtle animations etc.... my expectations were well met :)  Excellent job! I look forward to this theme maturing and being officially released.

You guys are fantastic, thanks for a nother amazing theme. Everything looks so nice and clean ? and like CDBlue said above !can't wait to see it maturing too!

Thanks for sharing mate

Great job! The theme is beautiful! However, it seemed to have corrupted by Bigbox exe. Sometimes going back and fourth in the platforms, it will end up causing a pop up error and I can't return to the main platform select menu...don't know why! 

Can you make a version where the video starts playing when the game is selected? Or the game logo appears as well?

Keep up the amazing work! Salute from PORTUGAL!

hi, amazing theme. works great for most systems but just a little feedback, dreamcast seems too zoomed in. boxes are very large and game title over laps in the boxes. other than that, amazing work!

Could you make it so it highlights the letter row when you are scrolling by letter? Currently it's impossible to tell if you are highlighting the letter bar or not.

1 hour ago, Omen said:

Could you make it so it highlights the letter row when you are scrolling by letter? Currently it's impossible to tell if you are highlighting the letter bar or not.

I'll have to look into if this is possible. I could always enable the default indexing method of having the letter row invisible unless triggered.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, faeran said:

I could always enable the default indexing method of having the letter row invisible unless triggered.

That would work. Or maybe have the row somewhat transparent unless triggered?

On 4/30/2019 at 4:04 PM, Omen said:

That would work. Or maybe have the row somewhat transparent unless triggered?

After looking through any possibilities, the only one that was really readily available was making the row transparent unless triggered. I've updated the theme with the change, let me know what you think.

it looks amazing, but I want to keep my back cover box art after taking all this time to collect it.  Maybe someday you can get it to only pick the front box art for both.

Hi love your theme only problem I'm having is on the game details screen. The right column options are in a really small font size. I run big box in 4k any fixes please? 

On 6/18/2019 at 11:05 AM, mancmacca said:

Hi love your theme only problem I'm having is on the game details screen. The right column options are in a really small font size. I run big box in 4k any fixes please? 

You would have to delve into the code and alter the text list size to fit your 4k screen. Look in TextListView.xaml and search for FontSize.

That, or change your Windows scaling settings to 200%.

• Like 1

Any chance of an update on this theme? Mine causes error and corrupts the bigbox executable :S

This is the best theme in my opinion!

Only needs to include the video previews on the side on the game cover (or inside it via a fade).

23 hours ago, GodElite said:

Any chance of an update on this theme? Mine causes error and corrupts the bigbox executable :S

This is the best theme in my opinion!

Only needs to include the video previews on the side on the game cover (or inside it via a fade).

Hi @GodElite. I've never actually seen an error causing BigBox executable to corrupt? A theme is just layout files, and usually cannot cause something like that.

Do you receive any error message when it crashes?

Hi @faeran. It is very strange but it happens to me... After I select your theme and I try to see any game details I get the attached error:

game_details_error.jpg

I then press Ok and go back to navigate the theme as usual. I exit and if I try to enter Bigbox again, I get this error:

corrupted_bigbox_afterusingtheme.jpg

Due to this I always have to backup the "data" folder and restore it again to fix it.

Great job on the theme by the way!

Edited by GodElite

13 minutes ago, GodElite said:

Hi @faeran. It is very strange but it happens to me... After I select your theme and I try to see any game details I get the attached error:

game_details_error.jpg

I then press Ok and go back to navigate the theme as usual. I exit and if I try to enter Bigbox again, I get this error:

corrupted_bigbox_afterusingtheme.jpg

Due to this I always have to backup the "data" folder and restore it again to fix it.

Great job on the theme by the way!

Thats a plugin error with the y2guru plugin. Have you checked that the .dll for that is unblocked in Radience/Plugins? Right click it and go to properties, there may be a "Unblock" checkbox at the bottom of the window.

1 hour ago, neil9000 said:

Thats a plugin error with the y2guru plugin. Have you checked that the .dll for that is unblocked in Radience/Plugins? Right click it and go to properties, there may be a "Unblock" checkbox at the bottom of the window.

Sorry @neil9000 but the "Y2GURUConverters.dll" plugin does not have any Unblock button. I've checked all the tabs on the file properties.

properties.jpg

4 hours ago, GodElite said:

Sorry @neil9000 but the "Y2GURUConverters.dll" plugin does not have any Unblock button. I've checked all the tabs on the file properties.

properties.jpg

If I had to guess, it's probably something to do with the plugin not working well with the launchbox language you are using. @y2guru may be able to confirm.

@GodElite I will be happy to help, please send me the view in error and Platform/game selected and ill trouble shoot here, once I have a fix I will send to @faeran

Edited by y2guru

Hello, is there anyone and anyway to edit this text, its not in the middle for me?

by the way i dont know how to edit stuff like this. so please be very specific ?
Thank you-  

radiance 2.PNG

radiance.PNG

Edited by MatthiasLN

I'm missing the logo for the "Play Mode", "Genre" and "Rating. The text is there under it, but the icon is not present. Do I have to download an icon pack somewhere? Awesome theme by the way!

Hi, it's a beautiful theme, I love it but I have a little problem with him: I want a CoverFlow view (same at the video), I have it in lot Categories (GB, GBA, NES, ...), the others have a coverFlow with details, can you help me ?