LaunchBox Community Forums

Mr. RetroLust's Lights Out! Retroarch Bezels 8.5

(11 reviews)

89 Screenshots

About This File

Note: This thread will not be pushed to the front in the "whats new" section, if you want notifications for future updates to this file be sure to follow this page by using the follow button in the upper right corner

Here's my collection of Lights Out! Realistic Retroarch bezels. 

You can find other bezels that are part of my "Lights Out!" series over here:

Neo Geo v2 4K - Lights Out - Realistic Retroarch Bezels

Capcom Play System I 4K - Lights Out - Realistic Retroarch Bezels

Capcom Play System II 4K - Lights Out - Realistic Retroarch Bezels

Capcom Play System III 4K - Lights Out - Realistic Retroarch Bezels

Sega Naomi 4K - Lights Out - Realistic Retroarch Bezels

Mame 4K - Lights Out - Realistic Bezels

Sammy Atomiswave 4K - Lights Out - Realistic Bezels

Enjoy!

Bezel_Atari_2600_Night_Mr_RetroLust.PNG

Bezel_Mega_Drive_Mr_RetroLust.PNG

Edited by Mr. RetroLust

What's New in Version 8.5   See changelog

Released

- Added all bezels/overlays in one zip file (including the 2 generic bezels uploaded earlier today). This concludes the project to finished, have fun! :)

• Like 36
  • Thanks 15
  • Game On 4
  • Unusual Gem 4

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

53 minutes ago, SiriusVI said:

Thank you for the effort! It's just easier if I know what values you use =).

Do you have a 1080p display or 4K? I'm guessing your settings only work for 4K displays. They don't work right on mine ;)

Yep 4K sorry about that I forgot to mention

On 11/8/2019 at 4:22 AM, Mr. RetroLust said:

Thanks, glad you enoy :) I will get there eventually when I add it to my library as well.

Just chiming in with a +1 on an Amiga overlay, especially as the other Commodore ones look fantastic!

Love the overlay.
Here is a generic question. How do you all go about fitting the image to the "screen"?
I'm not asking about the menu options, I know how do that, but do you "distort" the ratio as to fill the space and cut corners or something else?
I'm just trying to understand what would be "best" even if I understand it is subjective.

Also, if you do fill the screen how do you do it with gen 2 hardware? From one game to the next the image generated doesn't use all the space (not sure I'm very clear with this question).

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, deuxcolors said:

Love the overlay.
Here is a generic question. How do you all go about fitting the image to the "screen"?
I'm not asking about the menu options, I know how do that, but do you "distort" the ratio as to fill the space and cut corners or something else?
I'm just trying to understand what would be "best" even if I understand it is subjective.

Also, if you do fill the screen how do you do it with gen 2 hardware? From one game to the next the image generated doesn't use all the space (not sure I'm very clear with this question).

I dont understand your last question but for the rounded corners and more you can use shaders, I use custom settings using 'easy halation' if I remember correctly.

I'll look into shaders :)
For the second question I need a rom file that just shows a bright color for the full possible output.
(it's logical in my head if not written lol)

• Haha 1

If you mean to fit the game into the space provided by the overly, I use crt-geom shader (I think that is the name)

That shader, besides provided the old pixel style, distorts sides and corners to emulate an old crt (like more rounded edges) 

For same games, I increase the overly a bit to gain a bit more of space for the game.

Edited by Flope
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Flope said:

If you mean to fit the game into the space provided by the overly, I use crt-geom shader (I think that is the name)

Yup! I found it yesterday after Lust told me to "go play with the shaders" ?

• Like 1

I may be completely overlooking something, but what are the proper viewport configs for these?

EDIT: Found the config.zip attachment on the previous page. Might want to add that to downloads as a starting point. Thanks for these, they are gorgeous!

Edited by johnsanc
  • Thanks 1

Just a suggestion, but it would be pretty awesome if these bezels used the same TVs as @viking's Colorful platform videos. His theme + These bezels would make the ultimate realistic setup with consistency from theme to gameplay

Amazing work RetroLust, really awesome.

Now I'm hoping you take a week off of the Arcade bezels and finish the console generations. Until this week, I didn't know if emulators past PS2 were playable. My God was I wrong.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, grim. said:

Amazing work RetroLust, really awesome.

Now I'm hoping you take a week off of the Arcade bezels and finish the console generations. Until this week, I didn't know if emulators past PS2 were playable. My God was I wrong.

Thanks man glad you enjoy :) I will get on with this project in the future again ;) 

Is it possible to convert your "generic tv" bezels in the retroarch set to MAME format? I would love something like that for the obscure consoles that play best in MAME.

Awesome work as always!

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, johnsanc said:

Is it possible to convert your "generic tv" bezels in the retroarch set to MAME format? I would love something like that for the obscure consoles that play best in MAME.

Awesome work as always!

Thanks man glad you like :) Yes it would be possible, just let me know which one you like to be converted as I don't use mame for other systems than arcade.

@Mr. RetroLust - Just these 3 would be great since they are generic and can be used for Software List systems from different time periods:

• Bezel_70s_Large_Night_Mr_RetroLust
  • Bezel_80s_Mr_RetroLust
  • Bezel_90s_Mr_RetroLust

And if you are feeling motivated a RetroArch / MAME generic version for a new "Bezel_00s" would be great as well ;)

Edited by johnsanc

16 hours ago, johnsanc said:

@Mr. RetroLust - Just these 3 would be great since they are generic and can be used for Software List systems from different time periods:

• Bezel_70s_Large_Night_Mr_RetroLust
  • Bezel_80s_Mr_RetroLust
  • Bezel_90s_Mr_RetroLust

And if you are feeling motivated a RetroArch / MAME generic version for a new "Bezel_00s" would be great as well ;)

Here you go, not sure if the file naming is valid for Mame if there are problems just rename the zips to something without _

Bezel_70s_Large_Night_Mr_RetroLust.zip

Bezel_80s_Mr_RetroLust.zip

Bezel_90s_Mr_RetroLust.zip

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Mr. RetroLust - Those worked perfectly for me, thanks so much!

If and whenever you do get around to creating more platform bezels for Retroarch/MAME I suggest starting with a few more generic ones for monitors. I'm using these as a stopgap until there is something a bit cleaner and "Lights Off" ;)

https://forums.libretro.com/t/classic-crt-collection-overlay-pack-work-in-progress/19322

Edited by johnsanc
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, johnsanc said:

@Mr. RetroLust - Those worked perfectly for me, thanks so much!

If and whenever you do get around to creating more platform bezels for Retroarch/MAME I suggest starting with a few more generic ones for monitors. I'm using these as a stopgap until there is something a bit cleaner and "Lights Off" ;)

https://forums.libretro.com/t/classic-crt-collection-overlay-pack-work-in-progress/19322

Those bezels look great, thanks for sharing man, I will make more bezels in the future :)

Quick question, anyway to use bezels with lb or bb without using retroarch yet? The mame emulators I have pull the individual bezels for each game, after using bezel project, and theres a few other systems where I prefer different emulators over retroarch.

1 hour ago, Airpyr8t said:

Quick question, anyway to use bezels with lb or bb without using retroarch yet? The mame emulators I have pull the individual bezels for each game, after using bezel project, and theres a few other systems where I prefer different emulators over retroarch.

These bezels are made for RetroArch. I can make them work for Mame but for any other emulator I have no experience as I only use RetroArch or Mame.

Hello kind Sir.

Any chance (since you've been working on vertical screens lately) I could twist your rubbery arm to make a Vectrex bezel?

I've got overlays for it, but I'm missing a nice bezel ?

Thanks for these they're great!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, deuxcolors said:

Hello kind Sir.

Any chance (since you've been working on vertical screens lately) I could twist your rubbery arm to make a Vectrex bezel?

I've got overlays for it, but I'm missing a nice bezel ?

Thanks for these they're great!

Thanks man glad you like :) I think you're mistaken concerning vertical bezels, I have only made 16:9 bezels ;) I will get to Vectrex eventually!