LaunchBox Community Forums

Community Theme Creator 3.1.5

(19 reviews)

1 Screenshot

About This File

Manuals / How to

Refer to my YouTube channel or visit Faeran's Theme Creator Workshop videos to better understand the new features.

Dave Paterson - YouTube

Development Live Streams - YouTube

COMMUNITY Theme Creator - Patreon

Edited by y2guru
Compatibility

What's New in Version 3.1.5   See changelog

Released

No changelog available for this version.

• Like 40
  • Thanks 24
  • Game On 4
  • Unusual Gem 15

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

24 minutes ago, y2guru said:

When copying/pasting elements from theme to theme, can you explain what you mean by it didn’t work right

I got it figured out @y2guru, thank you!

Feature Request:

• Ability to flip an image both on a horizontal axis and/or vertical axis

Is it possible to constrain text inside a parent (say a dock or grid) so that any time you resize the parent, the text will resize itself automatically? Let's say I want to have "Super Nintendo Entertainment System" constrained inside a 500px parent but I don't want to define the font size because as soon as I switch to "Nintendo 64", the text will be too small. In this scenario, I want the SNES text to have a maximum width of the parent, and the N64 text to have a max height of the parent.

38 minutes ago, Knowcontrol said:

Feature Request:

• Ability to flip an image both on a horizontal axis and/or vertical axis

Is it possible to constrain text inside a parent (say a dock or grid) so that any time you resize the parent, the text will resize itself automatically? Let's say I want to have "Super Nintendo Entertainment System" constrained inside a 500px parent but I don't want to define the font size because as soon as I switch to "Nintendo 64", the text will be too small. In this scenario, I want the SNES text to have a maximum width of the parent, and the N64 text to have a max height of the parent.

Flipping any element is already in version 2.3 see latest YouTube video

as for resizing text based on parent, you can place the text (or anything) inside a viewbox and set viewbox to fill parent assuming the viewbox is inside a grid or canvas, now when you resize the parent the text size changes too

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, y2guru said:

Flipping any element is already in version 2.3 see latest YouTube video

as for resizing text based on parent, you can place the text (or anything) inside a viewbox and set viewbox to fill parent assuming the viewbox is inside a grid or canvas, now when you resize the parent the text size changes too

Awesome, thanks for the hint - there are so many elements to learn and knowing when to use them.

Is 2.3 a beta version?

1 minute ago, Knowcontrol said:

Awesome, thanks for the hint - there are so many elements to learn and knowing when to use them.

Is 2.3 a beta version?

2.3 is an incomplete version on my SSD

• Thanks 1

I created some custom Platform Clear Logos but cant get them to work right with CTC. I am trying to figure out the directory structure of CTC and where to drop them so when I publish the theme it places them in the ..\Launchbox\Themes\ThemeName\Images\Platforms\Clear Logo folder.

Seems no matter what folder I put them in the ..\My Theme Projects\ThemeName\ they are never copied over when I publish, other then the Media folder (png format).

I've tried creating folders that follow the paths that LB uses, such as Images\Platforms\PlatformName\Clear Logos.  I have spent better than 2 hours scrolling posts and videos. What am I missing? Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by The Papaw

30 minutes ago, The Papaw said:

I created some custom Platform Clear Logos but cant get them to work right with CTC. I am trying to figure out the directory structure of CTC and where to drop them so when I publish the theme it places them in the ..\Launchbox\Themes\ThemeName\Images\Platforms\Clear Logo folder.

Seems no matter what folder I put them in the ..\My Theme Projects\ThemeName\ they are never copied over when I publish, other then the Media folder (png format).

I've tried creating folders that follow the paths that LB uses, such as Images\Platforms\PlatformName\Clear Logos.  I have spent better than 2 hours scrolling posts and videos. What am I missing? Any help would be appreciated.

image.thumb.png.11a6c17bb097ee9282da018881d82e53.png

image.thumb.png.435a07d2c0d531886d9b41b71f45b977.png

image.thumb.png.fef8b08832c8a9d669695b07bba85acf.png

image.thumb.png.d19b907a57baf0211142dad2a6f0aaee.png

image.thumb.png.6dcd0e6eb8666748a61d4f0025b502a4.png

Edited by y2guru
  • Like 1

@y2guru Hey Dave, when you are editing, not sure what you call the thing, control panel? The thing the arrow is pointing to in the SS.

Not sure if you can, but is it something you would be able to do and would you consider putting it into 2.3. Make it where it remembers its location after clicking the "save". Reason I ask, if you're working on something on the left side of the screen and click save, and you need to edit it again, everytime you start, you have to move it out of the way again. Thanks for considering. Sure can't wait for 2.3!!

Untitled.jpg

2 hours ago, The Papaw said:

@y2guru Hey Dave, when you are editing, not sure what you call the thing, control panel? The thing the arrow is pointing to in the SS.

Not sure if you can, but is it something you would be able to do and would you consider putting it into 2.3. Make it where it remembers its location after clicking the "save". Reason I ask, if you're working on something on the left side of the screen and click save, and you need to edit it again, everytime you start, you have to move it out of the way again. Thanks for considering. Sure can't wait for 2.3!!

Untitled.jpg

I used to store the position of the element/properties panel but then I allowed it to be moved to another monitor and I removed the remember me position code, I’ll add to my list and see if it works with multi monitors

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, y2guru said:

I used to store the position of the element/properties panel but then I allowed it to be moved to another monitor and I removed the remember me position code, I’ll add to my list and see if it works with multi monitors

Much appreciated, yes multi monitors is a much better option if you can't do both. Thank you Sir

This software is awesome, I'm starting to get used to it. I want to use a image for the background selector, I've tried writing code in the xaml but I just get errors. Any ideas?

When I run the software my windows keep telling me to scan for virus (even there are no virus at all after scanned) any idea why? 

No, I just extract normally using the 7-zip, and when I run the .exe, the message about scan for virus shows up, and when I save a new theme using the 2.3 version, when I open the Big Box, it happens too with big box, so I have to exclude the new theme made using 2.3 version.Untitled.thumb.png.20e77f7be9546590b58213315fa771ee.png

9 minutes ago, polaco said:

No, I just extract normally using the 7-zip, and when I run the .exe, the message about scan for virus shows up, and when I save a new theme using the 2.3 version, when I open the Big Box, it happens too with big box, so I have to exclude the new theme made using 2.3 version.Untitled.thumb.png.20e77f7be9546590b58213315fa771ee.png

right click on the zip file prior to unzipping, click unblock then you can unzip

3 hours ago, y2guru said:

right click on the zip file prior to unzipping, click unblock then you can unzip

I did it, went to properties and in general tab clicked on unblock, then finally unzipped it, but still same message from windows. But it is okay, as it is not a virus and also not a software problem, I will stick with the 2.2 version for now. Thank you very much for your time and the support.

After unblock the zipfile, the windows messages appeared only one or two times, now it don't happen anymore, this tip really worked at all, thanks.

1 minute ago, exodus_cl said:

Hello @y2guru

In horizontal wheel, Is there any way we can change the selected item to be the first on the left instead of the center one?

image.thumb.png.52c271d08873f2d539157404b3eb66d2.png

I’m not sure how to do that using the new wheel control cbeatts has provided, but as far as Ctc goes the answer would be no

15 minutes ago, y2guru said:

I’m not sure how to do that using the new wheel control cbeatts has provided, but as far as Ctc goes the answer would be no

Got it, I hope it can be considered in the future, thank you!

50 minutes ago, exodus_cl said:

Got it, I hope it can be considered in the future, thank you!

If the BigBox wheel controls support it and I can implement it into the Theme Creator then i will

11 hours ago, exodus_cl said:

Hello @y2guru

In horizontal wheel, Is there any way we can change the selected item to be the first on the left instead of the center one?

image.thumb.png.52c271d08873f2d539157404b3eb66d2.png

This should be possible by setting NavigationalColumns to 1 on the FlowControl control. What that property does is doesn't move the wheel/wall until after that number of items have been navigated.

3 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

This should be possible by setting NavigationalColumns to 1 on the FlowControl control. What that property does is doesn't move the wheel/wall until after that number of items have been navigated.

Then in that case i support it.... with the version in development

12 hours ago, C-Beats said:

12 hours ago, y2guru said:

Then in that case i support it.... with the version in development

Great news guys, thank you!