LaunchBox Community Forums

Community Theme Creator 3.2

(19 reviews)

1 Screenshot

About This File

Manuals / How to

Refer to my YouTube channel or visit Faeran's Theme Creator Workshop videos to better understand the new features.

Dave Paterson - YouTube

Development Live Streams - YouTube

COMMUNITY Theme Creator - Patreon

Edited by y2guru
Compatibility

What's New in Version 3.2   See changelog

Released

New Features

• Consolidate Text based UI Elements to single Text UI Element.

• Wheel Item Templates, allow Videos, Animated .GIFs and Animation.

• New Metadata field "Battery Charging Status", contains the following values "Not plugged in", "Plugged in - not charging","Plugged in - charging".

• Added New Properties:- LineHeight & LineStackingStrategy to Text, Wheel Item Text and Text Scroller(Vertical).

• Viewing Wheel Item Templates or Custom Images will now Display where they are used, the template or custom image can be applied via right click.

• Added new metadata field "Selected Item Index (Odd/Even)" allows conditioning or imaging using an odd/even value when making platform/game selections or Wheel Item Design

• Live color editing, the selected elements color is updated real-time.

• Text Scroller (Vertical) added Leading/Trailing rows properties.

• Condition Editor - Added 2 new comparison operators: - Starts with & ends with.

• New UI Element "Selected Item Bar"

• Added Scale Width and Scale Height properties to UI Elements.

• Image/Wheel Item Image Metadata can now access more LaunchBox image files.

• Like 41
  • Thanks 24
  • Game On 4
  • Unusual Gem 15

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

On 12/6/2021 at 9:32 AM, The Papaw said:

@y2guru Hey Dave, when you are editing, not sure what you call the thing, control panel? The thing the arrow is pointing to in the SS.

Untitled.jpg

Hey! what did you do to change the perspective of the items that are on top of the chairs? I have been wanting to do that with the video item (working with CTC), but I haven't got any luck so far, I need to do something like this for a theme I have pending:
QLED Smart 4K TV Q80T | Samsung Chile

19 minutes ago, exodus_cl said:

Great news guys, thank you!

Welcome, I’m still working on the wheel code but I should be ready to show it off this weekend and your example is in my to-do list

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, exodus_cl said:

Hey! what did you do to change the perspective of the items that are on top of the chairs? I have been wanting to do that with the video item (working with CTC), but I haven't got any luck so far, I need to do something like this for a theme I have pending:

Combination of skew and angle but that won’t fit the 3D angled image you have,  I’d have to build a 3D layer thet you can place objects onto and then you can rotate etc, but I’m not too good with 3D so it’ll have to wait until after the wheels

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/13/2022 at 8:55 PM, exodus_cl said:

Hello @y2guru

In horizontal wheel, Is there any way we can change the selected item to be the first on the left instead of the center one?

image.thumb.png.52c271d08873f2d539157404b3eb66d2.png

you can do this in the Theme Creator 🙂

Within the Theme Creator 

Within BigBox

Edited by y2guru
  • Like 1
  • Unusual Gem 1

1 hour ago, The Papaw said:

Is there any way to add a wheel index to a wall view?

i doubt it, how would it appear and disappear? the wall view uses up,down,left and right

• Thanks 1

I didn't figure you could, sure would help in platforms like arcade though. I am sure it could mapped to something or combo if it was available in BB. The answers always no if ya don't ask. Thx @y2guru for the reply

40 minutes ago, The Papaw said:

I didn't figure you could, sure would help in platforms like arcade though. I am sure it could mapped to something or combo if it was available in BB. The answers always no if ya don't ask. Thx @y2guru for the reply

well if the big box team ever make a change then im sure to make it available via the theme creator

16 hours ago, y2guru said:

well if the big box team ever make a change then im sure to make it available via the theme creator

17 hours ago, The Papaw said:

Good news. Index is available in the wall view. It's activated through a keyboard or controller mapping that a user can set. Check out the Default theme for an example.

• Thanks 1

Just now, faeran said:

Good news. Index is available in the wall view. It's activated through a keyboard or controller mapping that a user can set. Check out the Default theme for an example.

Thanks Brian, I'll add to my to-do list (probably take a look and possibly implement tonight)

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, faeran said:

Thats great, I thought a mighta seen something about it in one of your videos a while back, but wasn't sure

21 minutes ago, y2guru said:

Thanks Brian, I'll add to my to-do list (probably take a look and possibly implement tonight)

Good Deal! thank you Sir

1 hour ago, Rincewind said:

AMAZING 👏 proper perspective,  congratulations on working that out @y2guru 

well i don't want to get ahead of myself here, but if i can spend a little more time on this i could create a 3D parent Element, then whatever you stick inside it can be manipulated in a 3D space

Edited by y2guru
  • Unusual Gem 1

7 minutes ago, y2guru said:

well i don't want to get ahead of myself here, but if can i spend a little more time on this i could create a 3D parent Element, then whatever you stick inside it can be manipulated in a 3D space

Awesome Dave, that would work much better than what I tried doing with the skews

On 3/14/2022 at 8:48 PM, exodus_cl said:

Possible even within the current build of the Theme Creator (using User Source) but it was very fiddly getting the position, size and scale to make the video fit within the monitor image, but yeah very possible without using Skew etc..

10 minutes ago, y2guru said:

Possible even within the current build of the Theme Creator (using User Source) but it was very fiddly getting the position, size and scale to make the video fit within the monitor image, but yeah very possible without using Skew etc..

Wow, amazing, do you think it can be an option in future releases of Community Theme Creator? or maybe you can share the XAML template?

8 minutes ago, exodus_cl said:

Wow, amazing, do you think it can be an option in future releases of Community Theme Creator? or maybe you can share the XAML template?

I would rather support it within the editor so you dont have to create XAML, but in the meantime, you can add a "User Source" UI Element to your view and paste the following into it.

<!--******************************************************************-->
<!--      Important Properties                                                              -->
<!--                                                                                                     -->
<!--         PerspectiveCamera Position="0,0,2"                                   -->
<!--         AxisAngleRotation3D Angle="24" Axis="0,1,0"                  -->
<!--****************************************************************** -->

<Viewport3D x:Name="VP3D">
    <Viewport3D.Camera>
        <PerspectiveCamera Position="0,0,2"  />
    </Viewport3D.Camera>

<Viewport2DVisual3D>
        <!-- Give the plane a slight rotation -->
        <Viewport2DVisual3D.Transform>
            <RotateTransform3D>
                <RotateTransform3D.Rotation>
                    <AxisAngleRotation3D Angle="24" Axis="0,1,0" />
                </RotateTransform3D.Rotation>
            </RotateTransform3D>
        </Viewport2DVisual3D.Transform>

<!-- The Geometry, Material, and Visual for the Viewport2DVisual3D -->
        <Viewport2DVisual3D.Geometry>
            <MeshGeometry3D Positions="-1,1,0 -1,-1,0 1,-1,0 1,1,0"
                TextureCoordinates="0,0 0,1 1,1 1,0" TriangleIndices="0 1 2 0 2 3"/>
        </Viewport2DVisual3D.Geometry>

<Viewport2DVisual3D.Material>
            <DiffuseMaterial Viewport2DVisual3D.IsVisualHostMaterial="True" Brush="White"/>
        </Viewport2DVisual3D.Material>

<Viewport2DVisual3D.Visual >
            <Grid Background="Transparent" HorizontalAlignment="Left" VerticalAlignment="Top" Width="{Binding ElementName=VP3D, Path=ActualWidth}" Height="{Binding ElementName=VP3D, Path=ActualHeight}">
                <!-- Your Content Goes Here -->

<MediaElement Source="D:\LaunchBox\Videos\Windows\Street Fighter V.mp4" HorizontalAlignment="Left" VerticalAlignment="Center" Stretch="Fill" Width="438" Height="205" />
            </Grid>
        </Viewport2DVisual3D.Visual>
    </Viewport2DVisual3D>

<!-- Lights -->
    <ModelVisual3D>
        <ModelVisual3D.Content>
            <DirectionalLight Color="#FFFFFFFF" Direction="0,0,-1"/>
        </ModelVisual3D.Content>
    </ModelVisual3D>
</Viewport3D>

• Thanks 1
  • Game On 1

4 hours ago, y2guru said:

I would rather support it within the editor so you dont have to create XAML, but in the meantime, you can add a "User Source" UI Element to your view and paste the following into it.

<!--******************************************************************-->
<!--      Important Properties                                                              -->
<!--                                                                                                     -->
<!--         PerspectiveCamera Position="0,0,2"                                   -->
<!--         AxisAngleRotation3D Angle="24" Axis="0,1,0"                  -->
<!--****************************************************************** -->

<Viewport3D x:Name="VP3D">
    <Viewport3D.Camera>
        <PerspectiveCamera Position="0,0,2"  />
    </Viewport3D.Camera>

<Viewport2DVisual3D>
        <!-- Give the plane a slight rotation -->
        <Viewport2DVisual3D.Transform>
            <RotateTransform3D>
                <RotateTransform3D.Rotation>
                    <AxisAngleRotation3D Angle="24" Axis="0,1,0" />
                </RotateTransform3D.Rotation>
            </RotateTransform3D>
        </Viewport2DVisual3D.Transform>

<!-- The Geometry, Material, and Visual for the Viewport2DVisual3D -->
        <Viewport2DVisual3D.Geometry>
            <MeshGeometry3D Positions="-1,1,0 -1,-1,0 1,-1,0 1,1,0"
                TextureCoordinates="0,0 0,1 1,1 1,0" TriangleIndices="0 1 2 0 2 3"/>
        </Viewport2DVisual3D.Geometry>

<Viewport2DVisual3D.Material>
            <DiffuseMaterial Viewport2DVisual3D.IsVisualHostMaterial="True" Brush="White"/>
        </Viewport2DVisual3D.Material>

<Viewport2DVisual3D.Visual >
            <Grid Background="Transparent" HorizontalAlignment="Left" VerticalAlignment="Top" Width="{Binding ElementName=VP3D, Path=ActualWidth}" Height="{Binding ElementName=VP3D, Path=ActualHeight}">
                <!-- Your Content Goes Here -->

<MediaElement Source="D:\LaunchBox\Videos\Windows\Street Fighter V.mp4" HorizontalAlignment="Left" VerticalAlignment="Center" Stretch="Fill" Width="438" Height="205" />
            </Grid>
        </Viewport2DVisual3D.Visual>
    </Viewport2DVisual3D>

<!-- Lights -->
    <ModelVisual3D>
        <ModelVisual3D.Content>
            <DirectionalLight Color="#FFFFFFFF" Direction="0,0,-1"/>
        </ModelVisual3D.Content>
    </ModelVisual3D>
</Viewport3D>

IAwesome! it would be great if you can integrate this 3d option in your app.

I'll check it to see what I can do with the code, my idea is to use the SelectedItemVideo1 in that field

As usual excellent support thanks! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, exodus_cl said:

IAwesome! it would be great if you can integrate this 3d option in your app.

I'll check it to see what I can do with the code, my idea is to use the SelectedItemVideo1 in that field

As usual excellent support thanks! 

having a crack at implementing it into the Theme Creator now

image.thumb.png.d76fc13c8daf2455357caa06bf05a019.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@y2guru Hey Dave, are you able to incorporate/look into special keyboards characters in CTC.  Every time I try to use one, CTC throws an error and crashes. They do seem to sorta work in CTC, when you re-open CTC they are there and after you publish the theme, the theme is showing them. Just curious.

Error.txt

Edited by The Papaw

12 minutes ago, The Papaw said:

@y2guru Hey Dave, are you able to incorporate/look into special keyboards characters in CTC.  Every time I try to use one, CTC throws an error and crashes. They do seem to sorta work in CTC, when you re-open CTC they are there and after you publish the theme, the theme is showing them. Just curious.

Error.txt 3.25 kB · 1 download

You didn’t provide the string of characters you entered into the properties panel that caused the error

9 minutes ago, y2guru said:

You didn’t provide the string of characters you entered into the properties panel that caused the error

Sorry Dave, in a text box, I used a bullet (ALT+7 in Windows)

Edited by The Papaw