LaunchBox Community Forums

Community Theme Creator 3.2.2

(19 reviews)

1 Screenshot

About This File

Manuals / How to

Refer to my YouTube channel or visit Faeran's Theme Creator Workshop videos to better understand the new features.

Dave Paterson - YouTube

Development Live Streams - YouTube

COMMUNITY Theme Creator - Patreon

Edited by y2guru
Compatibility

What's New in Version 3.2.2   See changelog

Released

Features

• COMMUNITY Theme Creator app is now a single .exe
  • Wheel Item Template: UI Elements can be remapped (conditioned to be displayed at another UI Elements Position, Size, Angle and Skew)

Changes

• Theme Manager: Refresh only occurs once. New Theme, Renames, Duplications and Deletes no longer cause a page refresh.

Fixes

• Genre[1-4], Playmode[1-4], Region[1-4] now work in Views, Wheel Item Templates and Custom Images.
  • Like 41
  • Thanks 24
  • Game On 4
  • Unusual Gem 15

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

16 minutes ago, The Papaw said:

Sorry Dave, in a text box, I used a bullet (ALT+7 in Windows)

I hit alt + 7 in a text box and it didn’t crash for me

1 hour ago, y2guru said:

I hit alt + 7 in a text box and it didn’t crash for me

okay, ty Sir, will report if I run into it again

Hey @y2guru I'm having an issue within theme creator where I keep getting errors when trying to edit any of the game views on the latest version of colorful. When accessing platform or platform category views I don't have the same issue. Anyone else having the same problems?

2048142426_gamesviewerror.png.f732d988560889636cc20dd75db46403.png

16 minutes ago, RJOrlando95 said:

Hey @y2guru I'm having an issue within theme creator where I keep getting errors when trying to edit any of the game views on the latest version of colorful. When accessing platform or platform category views I don't have the same issue. Anyone else having the same problems?

2048142426_gamesviewerror.png.f732d988560889636cc20dd75db46403.png

When you unzipped either the theme creator or colorful did you unblock the zip files before extracting the content, the error I see tells me you didn’t 

@y2guru I deleted everything and just reinstalled, up and running again as normal. I should have tried that first. Your program is amazing, I'm a big fan. Thank you for your work! 

5 minutes ago, RJOrlando95 said:

@y2guru I deleted everything and just reinstalled, up and running again as normal. I should have tried that first. Your program is amazing, I'm a big fan. Thank you for your work! 

Appreciate the kind words!  I’m glad you got it all working 👍

Can i suggest a feature that may make things easier for some creators?

Would it be possible to have global settings that can be linked if you are creating different configurations for each platform.

For example, I have different coloured text plus different sized videos and other odds bit for each platform so have 40+ configs.  Now some things like the layout, size and positioning of all the games info stay the same for each view but if i want to tweak them slightly i have to do them all 1 by 1 with ctc or open all the text files in notepad++ and find and replace the relevent text which is quite hard to do (and some times not possible when a large amount of text has to be changed due to notepads limitations)

So if we could have maybe a way to point other configurations to one global one it would be great if its even possible.

• Like 3

Just saw the Launchbox 12.12 update the other day.  Bezel art is now supported for use in RetroArch and MAME.  Is it possible to leverage the Bezel Art in a BigBox theme as well?  I'd like to apply the bezel art for each game on a cabinet just like we have marquee/banner art.

• Like 1

@y2guru Hey Dave. I have been trying to add an intro video to a theme. I dropped it into the ..\My Theme Projects\theme name\BigBox Media Overrides\Videos folder (named Startup.mp4)

It copies over when I publish the theme, but it doesn't play when I start BB.

Am I putting it in the wrong place or does this not work? 

4 minutes ago, The Papaw said:

@y2guru Hey Dave. I have been trying to add an intro video to a theme. I dropped it into the ..\My Theme Projects\theme name\BigBox Media Overrides\Videos folder (named Startup.mp4)

It copies over when I publish the theme, but it doesn't play when I start BB.

Am I putting it in the wrong place or does this not work? 

Themes do not have startup videos,

You can drop your video into the LaunchBox\Videos\Startup folder

Just now, y2guru said:

Themes do not have startup videos,

You can drop your video into the LaunchBox\Videos\Startup folder

I suppose I was thinking it might override, like images or platform videos. Oh well, thank ya Sir for the quick reply

@y2guru / @faeran. Howdy fellers. I have ran into an issue and not sure if it is CTC or BB (v12.15.5-beta).

I am editing a theme and I am getting a Screenshot - Gameplay image when I shouldn't be after I publish the theme.

I have CTC (platform specific view for Horizontal View 1) displaying Item Video, then a condition to display a certain video if no Item Video is present. All looks and functions as it should in CTC.
Untitled1.thumb.jpg.9c37390449c7217bdc6798a63e857434.jpg

However when I publish the theme and if there is no Item Video present, it does display the other video as expected but then transitions a Screenshot - Gameplay image over top of it. I don't think I am calling a Screenshot - Gameplay image any where in the theme. o.O
Untitled.thumb.jpg.0a8bc7c74aa7fb5fdb71200f3b7421fa.jpg

I've even went into the BB settings and turned all the Image stuff off to test it. . . 
Untitled2.thumb.jpg.e0b8541d3a0f5c9c5d7c8743fd17c735.jpg

Any suggestions or ideas???

Edited by The Papaw

20 minutes ago, The Papaw said:

@y2guru / @faeran. Howdy fellers. I have ran into an issue and not sure if it is CTC or BB (v12.15.5-beta).

I am editing a theme and I am getting a Screenshot - Gameplay image when I shouldn't be after I publish the theme.

I have CTC (platform specific view for Horizontal View 1) displaying Item Video, then a condition to display a certain video if no Item Video is present. All looks and functions as it should in CTC.
Untitled1.thumb.jpg.9c37390449c7217bdc6798a63e857434.jpg

However when I publish the theme and if there is no Item Video present, it does display the other video as expected but then transitions a Screenshot - Gameplay image over top of it. I don't think I am calling a Screenshot - Gameplay image any where in the theme. o.O
Untitled.thumb.jpg.0a8bc7c74aa7fb5fdb71200f3b7421fa.jpg

I've even went into the BB settings and turned all the Image stuff off to test it. . . 
Untitled2.thumb.jpg.e0b8541d3a0f5c9c5d7c8743fd17c735.jpg

Any suggestions or ideas???

User error, check your conditioning and ensure the Element "No Video" is above the video Element

49 minutes ago, y2guru said:

User error, check your conditioning and ensure the Element "No Video" is above the video Element

Ok, I swapped the order of the 2 videos and that sorta works. I can still see a transition of the image behind the video I am using for missing videos. And the image shows through the video like the opacity of the video used for the missing video is like 80% or something . . , but the opacity is 100% LOL.

5.thumb.jpg.86884b061caabfc72215aa7d45c9be81.jpg

Edited by The Papaw

Here are the settings now

I notice I'm getting bleed thru in CTC as well, I hadn't noticed it. What am I doing wrong Mr. Dave?

1.thumb.jpg.9e3b4830a2234ea1727f936e3fdb0c45.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.9cb66b481d01eb9f0995531df7b7062d.jpg

Edited by The Papaw

@y2guru, Okay Dave, I am figuring it out I think. When I turn off the video element in question (with the little eye in CTC), I am getting this or a game image:

3.thumb.jpg.2b9f55e992914a654d6daa7789b1b937.jpg

The bleed-thru is coming from the Opacity Mask I am using when trying to make the light affect around the bevel's screen.

UPDATE: I added a black box in between the 2 videos and set it to only be visible when the Missing Video is present, it will work for now.

Thanks Dave for sending me in the right direction

Edited by The Papaw

1 hour ago, The Papaw said:

Can anyone explain to me how the View Box element works? Did @faeran do a video on it, I can't seem to find anything about it or how it actually works. Thx

ViewBox controls its child element. It can stretch/scale the child to fill an available space. A ViewBox can only contain one child element, but you can overcome that by adding child elements to that child. Example: The ViewBox can contain a "Canvas" as its one child. Inside the "Canvas" you can then have several "StackPanels". You could not do 2 "Canvas" elements in the ViewBox. 

5 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

ViewBox controls its child element. It can stretch/scale the child to fill an available space. 

Thank you Sir, much appreciated

Hello everyone !
A quick question (I don't know if it's been asked before):
How do I physically show the game wheel or the system wheel because I only see a frame with white dotted outlines and it will help me a lot to see it to place my graphic elements in the right way. Thanks in advance to anyone who can answer me! I will share my theme soon :)

@LudockyYou can't in 2.3, you have to edit your theme to see the result :) . It's true that it was a bit annoying to locate but

it will be fixed for the next update 2.4 that Y2guru is preparing for us:)

@LudockyHave you checked the placement of your elements? (You know it's a bit the same principle as photoshop...

If you place your clear logos at the very bottom, they won't be displayed because they're hidden by a background.

Try to see from that side;)