LaunchBox Community Forums

Community Theme Creator 3.1.5

(19 reviews)

1 Screenshot

About This File

Manuals / How to

Refer to my YouTube channel or visit Faeran's Theme Creator Workshop videos to better understand the new features.

Dave Paterson - YouTube

Development Live Streams - YouTube

COMMUNITY Theme Creator - Patreon

Edited by y2guru
Compatibility

What's New in Version 3.1.5   See changelog

Released

No changelog available for this version.

• Like 40
  • Thanks 24
  • Game On 4
  • Unusual Gem 15

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

1 hour ago, AsparagusTrevor said:

😨

Yes feeling the same way here. Such a shame, and @y2guru has done so much selfless work for the community in creating this app to run alongside BigBox.

I loved following this project! I do hope it's not over. If he means that he'll continue with a paid version I will pay. This thing's amazing! Thanks for your laborious, diligent work. 

1 hour ago, Mr. RetroLust said:

When I read that I figured he ment the last distribution before it'll become a paid version next.

I do hope so. It would be sad to no longer have any updates at all and I for one would be happy to spend a few quid on it.

I would however totally understand with the amount of upkeep work it takes if Dave wanted to take a step back, sad as it would be for us. In fairness at this point the software does currently feel the most complete it ever has and is only a handful of tiny, minuscule niggles away from complete perfection - which for a one man operation is quite astounding.

• Like 2
  • Game On 1

Hi, so I'm getting a bunch of errors when I try to apply my custom theme, after publishing it with 2.5.5. ("An error occurred while parsing this custom ____ *insert view type*") It also doesn't apply the theme at all and only shows the default theme behind it. It also does this when I try to apply the Play Box Ultimate theme. It does it for every view and it only started happening once I  published my theme. Anyone know what I can do to fix this? Did I do something wrong? Thank you!

Untitled.thumb.jpg.e4062fd378a3b22832a5c3ea165e70dc.jpg

EDIT: I updated to the latest beta version of Launchbox and the problem persists

Edited by reddcxiii

I've also tried installing Launchbox to another location on the C drive, reinstalling the .Net Framework and Visual Studio, and updated my graphics driver. All to no avail, unfortunately. I feel like I've tried everything.

9 hours ago, reddcxiii said:

I've also tried installing Launchbox to another location on the C drive, reinstalling the .Net Framework and Visual Studio, and updated my graphics driver. All to no avail, unfortunately. I feel like I've tried everything.

I dont think you are sharing everything,  CTC does not generate Grid UI Elements at line 58 for a system view (it would be beyond line# 145) this looks like a user modified view that you are now having issues with

1 hour ago, y2guru said:

I dont think you are sharing everything,  CTC does not generate Grid UI Elements at line 58 for a system view (it would be beyond line# 145) this looks like a user modified view that you are now having issues with

I’m not sure what you mean, I haven’t modified anything outside of CTC. It throws these errors with every view and doesn’t apply the theme at all. And I’m on a fresh, clean installation of Launchbox. I created the theme from an earlier version of CTC and modified it with the new version. Do you think that could have something to do with it?

14 minutes ago, reddcxiii said:

I’m not sure what you mean, I haven’t modified anything outside of CTC. It throws these errors with every view and doesn’t apply the theme at all. And I’m on a fresh, clean installation of Launchbox. I created the theme from an earlier version of CTC and modified it with the new version. Do you think that could have something to do with it?

Zip up your Ctc project and send it to me

Just now, AsparagusTrevor said:

@y2guru Would it be possible to get some clarification on the future CTC situation please? Many thanks.

I will in due time

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi, I'm creating a theme with CTC and running into an issue.

I have an area to show an image of the controls used for the game. What I have is the image calls metadata to get the correct image for the game and that is working fine. What is not working is the fallback image. If there is no game control image then it is set to show a platform control image. So I have the fallback set to *platform in a folder that I've created in the theme/media folder. I have it set like this for the fallback image but it won't show the fallback if no game image exists, it's just blank. Maybe I don't understand correct usage of the fallback.

Thank you for any assistance.

Great work on CTC btw!

10 minutes ago, PiperCalls said:

Hi, I'm creating a theme with CTC and running into an issue.

I have an area to show an image of the controls used for the game. What I have is the image calls metadata to get the correct image for the game and that is working fine. What is not working is the fallback image. If there is no game control image then it is set to show a platform control image. So I have the fallback set to *platform in a folder that I've created in the theme/media folder. I have it set like this for the fallback image but it won't show the fallback if no game image exists, it's just blank. Maybe I don't understand correct usage of the fallback.

Thank you for any assistance.

Great work on CTC btw!

Image found

image.thumb.png.b14ad2bdbe6f15ca873ea302e49b129f.png

Metadata image not found, fallback used

image.thumb.png.522fb6a746299aa4491419c682e216da.png

contents of fallback folder

image.thumb.png.da606f264f919132e722c775cdca4b9e.png

Edited by y2guru

Hi, thx for that. That is exactly what I have. It is working now, I had to close & re-open CTC for the images to show though so maybe some cache issue. 

Almost through with my theme. CTC has made it so easy.

I am having trouble figuring out the logic on the number of items on the wheel though. For my theme it works best with 7 total items (1 selected and 3 on each side).  I see there is a number of items but if whatever I pick get's results different from what I want. picking 5 seems to be the closest but depending if I am moving left or right in the wheel, sometimes 2 items will show on a side, sometimes 3...any guidance on that?

Thanks.

1 hour ago, PiperCalls said:

Almost through with my theme. CTC has made it so easy.

I am having trouble figuring out the logic on the number of items on the wheel though. For my theme it works best with 7 total items (1 selected and 3 on each side).  I see there is a number of items but if whatever I pick get's results different from what I want. picking 5 seems to be the closest but depending if I am moving left or right in the wheel, sometimes 2 items will show on a side, sometimes 3...any guidance on that?

Thanks.

Screenshot of the wheel properties and the wheel , also what view is this?  also, if you only want 5 to actually display then change the width of the wheel or increase the wheel item spacing or increase the overall size of the items assuming this is a horizontal wheel type.

Edited by y2guru

21 hours ago, y2guru said:

Screenshot of the wheel properties and the wheel , also what view is this?  also, if you only want 5 to actually display then change the width of the wheel or increase the wheel item spacing or increase the overall size of the items assuming this is a horizontal wheel type.

Thx for getting back, sry for the delay. It is a horizontal wheel. The clearlogos are (very close to) a standard size. Normally hanging off each end isn't really that bad but bc the way my theme is laid out, it looks particularly bad. I'm using PlatformWheel1FiltersView for the main level and HorizontalWheel1GamesView for the sub-level. These are the only 2 views I use.

image.thumb.png.65ec2e420475b05f9c77d05dea3b60f5.png

image.thumb.png.00ed2932e4e8354e0937d92bfda90760.png

• Like 1

Ok, increasing the spacing between fixed it. Even on the game logos, which can vary in size/shape, I'm only getting 3 on each side now. 

Thanks!

• Game On 1

21 hours ago, JaysArcade said:

Cool wheel! I haven't seen anyone do this before.

Hi, thanks. I posted a video of it in bigbox custom themes. The wheel thing was pretty easy. 

• Like 1

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out a couple of things? i’m working on a pretty cool unique theme that I plan on releasing shortly and I need some help. How do I add the 3-D model box to the game detail screen? I can't figure out which element it is in CTC. Also, how do I edit the selection box around the "favorite games" and "recent games" elements, on the platform screens? Currently, it’s showing a pink box that doesn’t fully go around the box art and gets cut off at the bottom and I'd like to fix it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

1 hour ago, reddcxiii said:

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out a couple of things? i’m working on a pretty cool unique theme that I plan on releasing shortly and I need some help. How do I add the 3-D model box to the game detail screen? I can't figure out which element it is in CTC. Also, how do I edit the selection box around the "favorite games" and "recent games" elements, on the platform screens? Currently, it’s showing a pink box that doesn’t fully go around the box art and gets cut off at the bottom and I'd like to fix it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Hi, sry no help I just did my first theme with CTC but was wondering are you trying to show the generated 3D Box instead of the pre-made 3D Box artwork? I was interested in this as well if so since many games don't have 3D Box artwork available. I believe C-Beats said it was possible in a theme so hoping you find a way in CTC.

6 minutes ago, PiperCalls said:

Hi, sry no help I just did my first theme with CTC but was wondering are you trying to show the generated 3D Box instead of the pre-made 3D Box artwork? I was interested in this as well if so since many games don't have 3D Box artwork available. I believe C-Beats said it was possible in a theme so hoping you find a way in CTC.

Yep, that's correct! I hope it's possible, and if I find out how, I'll definitely let you know!

36 minutes ago, reddcxiii said:

Yep, that's correct! I hope it's possible, and if I find out how, I'll definitely let you know!

Ok cool, thx. If it's not be directly available in CTC, I believe you can add your own code in now but that's over my current pay grade.