LaunchBox Community Forums

Community Theme Creator 3.2

(19 reviews)

1 Screenshot

About This File

Manuals / How to

Refer to my YouTube channel or visit Faeran's Theme Creator Workshop videos to better understand the new features.

Dave Paterson - YouTube

Development Live Streams - YouTube

COMMUNITY Theme Creator - Patreon

Edited by y2guru
Compatibility

What's New in Version 3.2   See changelog

Released

New Features

• Consolidate Text based UI Elements to single Text UI Element.

• Wheel Item Templates, allow Videos, Animated .GIFs and Animation.

• New Metadata field "Battery Charging Status", contains the following values "Not plugged in", "Plugged in - not charging","Plugged in - charging".

• Added New Properties:- LineHeight & LineStackingStrategy to Text, Wheel Item Text and Text Scroller(Vertical).

• Viewing Wheel Item Templates or Custom Images will now Display where they are used, the template or custom image can be applied via right click.

• Added new metadata field "Selected Item Index (Odd/Even)" allows conditioning or imaging using an odd/even value when making platform/game selections or Wheel Item Design

• Live color editing, the selected elements color is updated real-time.

• Text Scroller (Vertical) added Leading/Trailing rows properties.

• Condition Editor - Added 2 new comparison operators: - Starts with & ends with.

• New UI Element "Selected Item Bar"

• Added Scale Width and Scale Height properties to UI Elements.

• Image/Wheel Item Image Metadata can now access more LaunchBox image files.

• Like 41
  • Thanks 24
  • Game On 4
  • Unusual Gem 15

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Hello guys may I ask you why when I try to download it, I click download this file -> Agree and Download - and then it download only a patreon.txt file and not the program ? Thank you so much

34 minutes ago, jackotz91 said:

Hello guys may I ask you why when I try to download it, I click download this file -> Agree and Download - and then it download only a patreon.txt file and not the program ? Thank you so much

Because you have to go to his Patreon site and get the download there. It is no longer offered as a direct download on his site. Download and support is done mainly there. 

5 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

Because you have to go to his Patreon site and get the download there. It is no longer offered as a direct download on his site. Download and support is done mainly there. 

Ook thank you so much, do I have to subscribe to download the file? Like the subscription with payment?

Edited by jackotz91

7 minutes ago, jackotz91 said:

Ook thank you so much, do I have to subscribe to download the file? Like the subscription with payment?

No. Its been a bit since I looked but on the site scroll down a bit until you see one of the release posts. Click on it and then you should see the download on the next page. 

10 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

No. Its been a bit since I looked but on the site scroll down a bit until you see one of the release posts. Click on it and then you should see the download on the next page. 

found it, thank you so so much :) :) :) 

On 10/26/2023 at 7:04 AM, Retro808 said:

WTH, Then it shouldn't be listed here as a "download"

Hey there, I have been trying to make a simple theme for my 4:3 CRT and was wondering if there was any way to zoom this to fill the screen as opposed to stretching it to fill the screen?

Screenshot (1).png

On 11/14/2023 at 12:41 PM, goblindriver said:

Hey there, I have been trying to make a simple theme for my 4:3 CRT and was wondering if there was any way to zoom this to fill the screen as opposed to stretching it to fill the screen?

Screenshot (1).png

i dont usually check postings here as support is done via my patreon site, but yes there is a way to force videos to fill a space, assuming the video doesnt have a hardcoded top and bottom border.   I am assuming the video example is 16:9

Add a Dock Element, set it to full screen, then set its horizonal and vertical alignment to center.

Move the selected item video element inside the dock element, then change the video element to autosize (both width and heigh) and change the horizonal and vertical alignment to center.

1 hour ago, y2guru said:

i dont usually check postings here as support is done via my patreon site, but yes there is a way to force videos to fill a space, assuming the video doesnt have a hardcoded top and bottom border.   I am assuming the video example is 16:9

Add a Dock Element, set it to full screen, then set its horizonal and vertical alignment to center.

Move the selected item video element inside the dock element, then change the video element to autosize (both width and heigh) and change the horizonal and vertical alignment to center.

That doesn't appear to be working. I can get it to look right in the editor using this technique (along with using negative margins of -250 all around). When I move the theme over to the target TV The platform videos are not showing up at all.

8 minutes ago, goblindriver said:

That doesn't appear to be working. I can get it to look right in the editor using this technique (along with using negative margins of -250 all around). When I move the theme over to the target TV The platform videos are not showing up at all.

You mean when you run it in bigbox?  What video engine are you using in bigbox? If vlc switch to wmp and see if it works.  The editor uses wmp

51 minutes ago, y2guru said:

You mean when you run it in bigbox?  What video engine are you using in bigbox? If vlc switch to wmp and see if it works.  The editor uses wmp

ah yes, that seems to be the trick.

Wmp seems slower on the transitions so I might switch them to slide.

running it on this old TV hehe

• Like 1

I'm using an Image to duplicate the UI Element of the Wheel to create a wheel that shows in both directions (this would be for a Cocktail screen)

Any idea why the "duplicate" wheel has a 'jumping' effect on it?
Is this just like lag from duplicating a UI Element or do I likely have some weird effect enabled somewhere?

2023-11-28 18-49-50.mkv

I hope this is the right place to put this... 

I've been using CTC for a while and I love all the work that has been put into it throughout the years. 
But I've not been able to get text to show in an image wheel in Big Box 
Even creating a new theme in 3.1.5, text will not show, I just get an empty space.
I have even gone into the Fonts folder (in LB Themes) and installed all fonts.
Platforms, Playlists, Game, etc. no text will show anywhere, if a Clear logo is missing. 
How can I get text to show when an image is missing?

It shows fine in CTC
image.png.a90afd9054def7a404b5003a3f23329d.png

But in Big Box, I get a blank space
image.thumb.png.52410fa23db00525d3da1473eaf14093.png

• Like 1

On 12/1/2023 at 6:42 AM, UKPenguins said:

I hope this is the right place to put this... 

I've been using CTC for a while and I love all the work that has been put into it throughout the years. 
But I've not been able to get text to show in an image wheel in Big Box 
Even creating a new theme in 3.1.5, text will not show, I just get an empty space.
I have even gone into the Fonts folder (in LB Themes) and installed all fonts.
Platforms, Playlists, Game, etc. no text will show anywhere, if a Clear logo is missing. 
How can I get text to show when an image is missing?

It shows fine in CTC
image.png.a90afd9054def7a404b5003a3f23329d.png

But in Big Box, I get a blank space
image.thumb.png.52410fa23db00525d3da1473eaf14093.png

did you create your own wheel item template? if so, you need to add a Text element to display the game name or filter item when no image exists

I think that  I posted this in the wrong place, so I will go back and delete my post, if I can. 

Microsoft Xbox.xmlSuper Nintendo Entertainment System.xmlArcade Taito Classics.xmlHello and Thank you for the awesome tool. I made a theme, with the help of my kids on my desktop computer.  When I transferred it to my arcade cabinet a few things were off and I wanted to adjust slightly (i.e. the video for the selected game in HorizontalWheel1GamesView was smaller than I wanted it to be.  I tried to install CTC on my the arcade cabinet and got the you need to install .net would you like to download it now.  I followed the link and installed it.  Then when I ran it, I got the following errors:

at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.RewrapException(Exception e, IXamlLineInfo lineInfo, Uri baseUri)
   at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.Load(XamlReader xamlReader, IXamlObjectWriterFactory writerFactory, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Object rootObject, XamlObjectWriterSettings settings, Uri baseUri)
   at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.LoadBaml(XamlReader xamlReader, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Object rootObject, XamlAccessLevel accessLevel, Uri baseUri)
   at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.LoadBaml(Stream stream, ParserContext parserContext, Object parent, Boolean closeStream)
   at System.Windows.Application.LoadBamlStreamWithSyncInfo(Stream stream, ParserContext pc)
   at System.Windows.Application.LoadComponent(Uri resourceLocator, Boolean bSkipJournaledProperties)
   at System.Windows.Application.DoStartup()
   at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1_0(Object unused)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(Object state)
   at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.CallbackWrapper(Object obj)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
--- End of stack trace from previous location ---
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run(CulturePreservingExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
   at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(MSG& msg)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(DispatcherFrame frame)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(DispatcherFrame frame)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Run()
   at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(Object ignore)
   at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(Window window)
   at System.Windows.Application.Run()
   at COMMUNITY_Theme_Creator_for_BigBox.Application.Main()
Initialization of 'COMMUNITY_Theme_Creator_for_BigBox.MainWindow' threw an exception.

Can you point me in the right direction?  

Thank you very much!

Jim

Data.zip

On 12/20/2023 at 3:24 AM, y2guru said:

did you create your own wheel item template? if so, you need to add a Text element to display the game name or filter item when no image exists

It was so long ago I dont remember. I probably deleted what was there and created a new wheel via the burger menu, in the WheelGamesView. 
Is there a wheel that comes "pre-configured" with text if the Clear Logo is missing?

Ive added a text element to the page, but how do I add this to the wheel?

Cap1.png

15 minutes ago, UKPenguins said:

It was so long ago I dont remember. I probably deleted what was there and created a new wheel via the burger menu, in the WheelGamesView. 
Is there a wheel that comes "pre-configured" with text if the Clear Logo is missing?

Ive added a text element to the page, but how do I add this to the wheel?

Cap1.png

Main screen, click modifiers, select wheel item templates, edit a new template. Once done you can refer to this template in your wheel on your view

i dont know if it is a bug, but when i want to create -Custom Images- i want an image to have CRT Effect, everything looks fine then i render the images and after that those images dont have the CRT effect .

Its like the CRT effect cant be rendered in the custom images option, some other effects have the same problem like Blur Effect, but others work like the Drop shadow effect.

On 1/13/2024 at 12:30 PM, Danmage said:

i dont know if it is a bug, but when i want to create -Custom Images- i want an image to have CRT Effect, everything looks fine then i render the images and after that those images dont have the CRT effect .

Its like the CRT effect cant be rendered in the custom images option, some other effects have the same problem like Blur Effect, but others work like the Drop shadow effect.

side effect of using GPU shader effects, the capture is using the native image prior to GPU effect being applied, so when you see the .pngs they dont have the CRT, rotation etc.. effect applied to them.

On 1/13/2024 at 4:50 PM, y2guru said:

Main screen, click modifiers, select wheel item templates, edit a new template. Once done you can refer to this template in your wheel on your view

Oh - I've never used these, this has opened up a whole new world for me. 
Thank you so much

I made edits to the PlatformWheel1FiltersView but it doesn't show in Big Box in platform selection. All the other changes I made to Games Views do though. Other than my platform view issue this has been super easy to use and create your own custom Big Box themes.