LaunchBox Community Forums

Community Theme Creator 3.1.5

(19 reviews)

1 Screenshot

About This File

Manuals / How to

Refer to my YouTube channel or visit Faeran's Theme Creator Workshop videos to better understand the new features.

Dave Paterson - YouTube

Development Live Streams - YouTube

COMMUNITY Theme Creator - Patreon

Edited by y2guru
Compatibility

What's New in Version 3.1.5   See changelog

Released

No changelog available for this version.

• Like 40
  • Thanks 24
  • Game On 4
  • Unusual Gem 15

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Hello , y2guru "I just finalized a theme and I do not understand why my wheels logo do not appear to the right, I tried to move, modify elements but nothing helps ... I thought of a cache memory problem also but even on a ssd I have the same problem on the "" Wheel2gamesview "view. Everything else works video, background, marquee I do not understand why ! you are my last resort! :) 

81481884_589496345222563_525861291617681408_o.jpg

Edited by PaDeMoNiuM

Check the z-order of your wheel, in the ui elements panel, simply drag it up higher in the list to bring it closer to the foreground

17 minutes ago, y2guru said:

Check the z-order of your wheel, in the ui elements panel, simply drag it up higher in the list to bring it closer to the foreground

It's good ! thx ! I was also a memory cache problem since before editing I didn't see my wheels, it's only after editing my theme that they appear in big box mode!I have the impression that the more the basic launchbox is loaded with media the more the elements take time to appear which would be logical

thanks sir! :)

vlcsnap-2019-12-30-17h34m09s583.thumb.png.fe0555eba353d897af5bd0dc511f5727.png

On 12/31/2019 at 4:25 PM, bionictoothpick said:

Slow process for me, but trying to convert this attractmode theme to bigbox...Planned.thumb.png.95b0ae7287f25420337331ee65f4c035.png

Nevato Theme ? Good choise ! Good luck to you ! ;)

Hello, y2guru, 

Can you add pinching in addition to the already provided skewing?

I'm trying to recreate a section of my theme from Nevato which uses it.

This is how it works in attractmode:

Just a recap of how skew, and pinching of an image currently works:
If skewing the y axis of an image, the right side of the image will move either move up or down.
If pinching the y axis of an image, the right side of the image will expand or contract.

Thanks,

BT

Happy New Year everyone! latest video showing off the latest progress with Animation (storyboarding)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Game On 1

Man that is looking cool. Cant wait to see it all. I have so many ideas... Great job man, so glad you are making this for everyone. As you know, I absolutely love this!

• Thanks 1

On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2020 at 1:44 PM, y2guru said:

Happy New Year everyone! latest video showing off the latest progress with Animation (storyboarding)

Great to see the updates! Keep up the good work!

• Thanks 1

On 1/2/2020 at 6:37 PM, bionictoothpick said:

Hello, y2guru, 

Can you add pinching in addition to the already provided skewing?

I'm trying to recreate a section of my theme from Nevato which uses it.

This is how it works in attractmode:

Just a recap of how skew, and pinching of an image currently works:
If skewing the y axis of an image, the right side of the image will move either move up or down.
If pinching the y axis of an image, the right side of the image will expand or contract.

Thanks,

BT

I’ll circle back to this once I have completed the animation functionality 

Hello @y2guru thank you for all these improvements, I will still have fun experimenting with all of this.

I am trying to modify the view just before launching the game. Is that possible?

I can't find the name of the view thank you!

system.thumb.gif.f124f427c7bde65362e5a824aaee40d6.gif

Can I get subscribed so I know when this has been updated? Also, am I missing something to get a Wheel preview in the editor? I have an empty, dotted rectangle, and am trying to modify the properties to get a nice curve that I'm looking for, and I'd love a real-time preview. Right now, I mess with some stuff, publish, launch bigbox, check it, exit, mess with more stuff, etc. If there is no preview for the wheel, do you have a reference of what all the properties of a wheel do? What is rotation, vs curve amount, for instance? I want the thing to rotate left, but all i can get it to do is rotate right (there is no negative Rotation value allowed). Thanks, and kudos on a great piece of software for the community!

1 hour ago, timbone316 said:

Can I get subscribed so I know when this has been updated? Also, am I missing something to get a Wheel preview in the editor? I have an empty, dotted rectangle, and am trying to modify the properties to get a nice curve that I'm looking for, and I'd love a real-time preview. Right now, I mess with some stuff, publish, launch bigbox, check it, exit, mess with more stuff, etc. If there is no preview for the wheel, do you have a reference of what all the properties of a wheel do? What is rotation, vs curve amount, for instance? I want the thing to rotate left, but all i can get it to do is rotate right (there is no negative Rotation value allowed). Thanks, and kudos on a great piece of software for the community!

Subscribed? yes you can subscribe to my YouTube channel.  no, you are not missing anything in regards to the wheel, there is no preview available as the wheel control is not mine.  If you look at my latest video I explain a little trick that overcomes this shortcoming. as far as references to what the properties do, that belongs to the bigbox documentation.  Ive tried to simplify the wheel setup process by providing the assist options and as there is no wheel assist for left rotation because the wheel does not support it.

21 minutes ago, y2guru said:

Subscribed? yes you can subscribe to my YouTube channel.  no, you are not missing anything in regards to the wheel, there is no preview available as the wheel control is not mine.  If you look at my latest video I explain a little trick that overcomes this shortcoming. as far as references to what the properties do, that belongs to the bigbox documentation.  Ive tried to simplify the wheel setup process by providing the assist options and as there is no wheel assist for left rotation because the wheel does not support it.

Awesome. Thanks for the reply. Again, great job on the program itself, and I will keep in mind that the wheel should just be on the other side of the screen, and all my problems will be solved ;)

Hello @y2guru , is it possible already to integrate a kind of buttons which would allow the user to choose between the sound of the wheels or the ambient sound of an animated background? it would be great, the user could choose and switch to 2 types of atmospheres and it would save the creators of the themes from having to publish 2 different versions of themes. I know that currently it is possible to choose between the 2 but I did not find a possibility of being able to leave the choice to the users.

Edited by PaDeMoNiuM

thank you , i cant wait to make my own bespoke theme.

is there any way i can preview my theme in the editor to see animation and other adjustments like your videos as my previews are statiic , and i have to publish and test in bigbox to get a jist of my edits?

3 hours ago, horse said:

thank you , i cant wait to make my own bespoke theme.

is there any way i can preview my theme in the editor to see animation and other adjustments like your videos as my previews are statiic , and i have to publish and test in bigbox to get a jist of my edits?

Storyboard animation? Animated gifs? What type of animation are you referring to?

3 minutes ago, y2guru said:

Storyboard animation? Animated gifs? What type of animation are you referring to?

for example to navigate the big box theme i am building without having to launch bigbox, for example a play button to view how the theme will be utilised by bigbox, burrently i have to keep publishing then launch bigbox, am i doing something wrong?