LaunchBox Community Forums

Community Theme Creator 3.1.5

(19 reviews)

1 Screenshot

About This File

Manuals / How to

Refer to my YouTube channel or visit Faeran's Theme Creator Workshop videos to better understand the new features.

Dave Paterson - YouTube

Development Live Streams - YouTube

COMMUNITY Theme Creator - Patreon

Edited by y2guru
Compatibility

What's New in Version 3.1.5   See changelog

Released

No changelog available for this version.

• Like 40
  • Thanks 24
  • Game On 4
  • Unusual Gem 15

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

1 hour ago, Zeno said:

I'm having some issues with theme files built using version 1.0.8.0. Is it possible to download older versions of the application anywhere?

Download 1.0.8.95, its not wise to download and use a prior version as each version upgrades your Theme's project files

9 minutes ago, y2guru said:

Download 1.0.8.95, its not wise to download and use a prior version as each version upgrades your Theme's project files

Oh, sorry - I meant that I'm currently using 1.0.8.95 to edit files for lvl-101:

I'm have a problem where when navigating, BigBox sometimes freezes. The lvl-101 theme file pages says it was made using 1.0.8.0 so I wanted to try using the one it was built with to see if it fixes the problem.

Thanks! Love this tool!

12 minutes ago, Zeno said:

Oh, sorry - I meant that I'm currently using 1.0.8.95 to edit files for lvl-101:

I'm have a problem where when navigating, BigBox sometimes freezes. The lvl-101 theme file pages says it was made using 1.0.8.0 so I wanted to try using the one it was built with to see if it fixes the problem.

Thanks! Love this tool!

Remember.. big box has released some updates too since the development and release of that theme 

23 minutes ago, y2guru said:

Remember.. big box has released some updates too since the development and release of that theme 

Yeah, could definitely be that too. A strange bug... I'll try rolling back Launchbox/Bigbox.

15 hours ago, Zeno said:

Yeah, could definitely be that too. A strange bug... I'll try rolling back Launchbox/Bigbox.

This theme is heavy. It uses a lot of effects and animations. If you remove the drop shadows and some of the animations, it may work better.

Update- Never mind.  It does have something to do with background image.  If I reduce opacity or don't use a background image, then lines go away.

@y2guru

I have what looks like a 1 or 2 pixel white outline around any wheel in wheel games view.

At first I had a white background so I didn't notice.  Now I see the outline no matter what size, position, or rotation with a dark background.

As a test I created blank black background to make sure it wasn't my image interfering, and I still get the outline.  Is there a way to prevent this, or am I doing something wrong? 

Thank you very much.

wheel.PNG

Edited by Fwiler

20 minutes ago, Fwiler said:

Update- Never mind.  It does have something to do with background image.  If I reduce opacity or don't use a background image, then lines go away.

@y2guru

I have what looks like a 1 or 2 pixel white outline around any wheel in wheel games view.

At first I had a white background so I didn't notice.  Now I see the outline no matter what size, position, or rotation with a dark background.

As a test I created blank black background to make sure it wasn't my image interfering, and I still get the outline.  Is there a way to prevent this, or am I doing something wrong? 

Thank you very much.

wheel.PNG

Can you click the wheel UI element so that I can see it’s focus box 

10 minutes ago, y2guru said:

Can you click the wheel UI element so that I can see it’s focus box 

I didn't take a snapshot because problem is no longer there.  But the focus box is same as the white lines.

After more investigation, it was an anomaly.  

If I rotated wheel and saved it, then come back in and rotate wheel back to 0, the lines went away.

Sorry, I just didn't do enough troubleshooting, and I'm not able to reproduce it again.

10 minutes ago, Fwiler said:

I didn't take a snapshot because problem is no longer there.  But the focus box is same as the white lines.

After more investigation, it was an anomaly.  

If I rotated wheel and saved it, then come back in and rotate wheel back to 0, the lines went away.

Sorry, I just didn't do enough troubleshooting, and I'm not able to reproduce it again.

no problem, that will all go away with version 1.0.9.0

4 hours ago, Pyrometheous said:

How do you use the fake roms list? I've generated it, but I'm not sure how to use it to populate a library of games.

Just import the txt files in launchbox, as roms.

Hi @y2guru!

I have 2 questions...

The first one: The wheel does not allow the selection of fan art as the type of image to use. Is this a limitation of BigBox or the Creator?

And the second one: For vertical themes, could it be possible to add to the aspect ratios available a 9:16 and a 3:4 option? It would be easier (at least for me) to use my typical screen layout (16:9) regardless of whether the theme to work on is a vertical or a horizontal one.

3 minutes ago, CMOSS said:

Hi @y2guru!

I have 2 questions...

The first one: The wheel does not allow the selection of fan art as the type of image to use. Is this a limitation of BigBox or the Creator?

And the second one: For vertical themes, could it be possible to add to the aspect ratios available a 9:16 and a 3:4 option? It would be easier (at least for me) to use my typical screen layout (16:9) regardless of whether the theme to work on is a vertical or a horizontal one.

I’ve never tried using fan art in the wheel, I could try it after work unless someone already has the answer to that.

yeah I think I can add the additional vertical ratios ? but that won’t be available for quite some time yet

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, CMOSS said:

Hi @y2guru!

I have 2 questions...

something like this? (ignore the icons at the top, i have selected 9:16)

Untitled1.png

Untitled2.png

• Like 1

8 hours ago, y2guru said:

something like this? (ignore the icons at the top, i have selected 9:16)

Untitled1.png

Untitled2.png

Exactly like that :)

Trying to finish some bannerbox stuff here, finally getting to arcade, but the only options for "top media" are box art.  Could there be a way to have it look for box art, and then as a backup look for the advertisement flyer?  Most of my arcade games have advertisement fliers and not "box art".  I don't see an option under the image metadata drop down for advertisement flyer.

46 minutes ago, damageinc86 said:

Trying to finish some bannerbox stuff here, finally getting to arcade, but the only options for "top media" are box art.  Could there be a way to have it look for box art, and then as a backup look for the advertisement flyer?  Most of my arcade games have advertisement fliers and not "box art".  I don't see an option under the image metadata drop down for advertisement flyer.

What is top media? Can you send a screen shot?

Top layer of the bannerbox image.  It looks for the box art, but there's no entry to point to the advertisement flyer.  I ended up just temporarily copying all advertisement flyer images into my boxart folder so the community theme creator would see them. 

On 12/21/2020 at 8:56 PM, y2guru said:

I’ve never tried using fan art in the wheel, I could try it after work unless someone already has the answer to that.

Did you have the time to check on this?

17 minutes ago, CMOSS said:

Did you have the time to check on this?

per the bigbox documentation.pdf

Here are all the possible valid values for platforms views: Clear Logo, Fanart, Banner, Device

Here are all the possible valid values for games views: Boxes, 3D Boxes, Carts, 3D Carts, Screenshots, Clear Logos

• Thanks 1

@y2guru hope you're doing well and enjoying the new year so far. Just wanted to contact you to let you know I have a minor problem with the "fake rom builder" feature. For some reason, it stops halfway, or in my case it stops at Nintendo 3DS, and everything from N - Z is not included there. Were you aware of this, or this a bug only on my system?

57 minutes ago, bundangdon said:

@y2guru hope you're doing well and enjoying the new year so far. Just wanted to contact you to let you know I have a minor problem with the "fake rom builder" feature. For some reason, it stops halfway, or in my case it stops at Nintendo 3DS, and everything from N - Z is not included there. Were you aware of this, or this a bug only on my system?

Seems to be an issue with your setup as no one else has reported a similar issue, but I’ll take a look at lunchtime and see what’s special with that platform and those range of games

5 minutes ago, y2guru said:

Seems to be an issue with your setup as no one else has reported a similar issue, but I’ll take a look at lunchtime and see what’s special with that platform and those range of games

Okay, sounds good. Thanks for the quick reply. By the way, I tried this feature with version 1.85 and the most recent 1.87 and had the same results

11 minutes ago, bundangdon said:

Okay, sounds good. Thanks for the quick reply. By the way, I tried this feature with version 1.85 and the most recent 1.87 and had the same results

What version of launchbox/big box are you using?  ( the database could vary based on that version )  and I’ll make sure I’m using the same one