LaunchBox Community Forums

Nostalgia |16:9| video Set 1.3.2

(13 reviews)

10 Screenshots

About This File

The idea of this set is to place the gameplay video in context, with the hardware of its time. A touch of nostalgia to better understand an unknown material especially for the youngest. Most of the montages use the EmuMovie gameplay videos. The others are mine.

This video set is also available in 4:3 ratio here

I also share the gameplay videos I create with the help of the community.
On EmuMovie FTP :       "Upload here > _Video Snap Submissions > Viking (Platform Video)"

/!\  IMPORTANT NEWS  /!\

Dad of 2 young children, I dont have enough time to make another video.
Thanks to him, @dragon57 are nicely create new video for this set. You can find additional videos here.

If other people are interested in creating video for this set, here is a Mega link to download a 7zip archive with some source files that will help you stay in the graphical lines.
Thank you for your help and your understanding! ;)

// VIDEO //

• Platform =  253 videos
  • Category = 5 videos

// INFORMATION //

• 16:9 format
  • HD resolution : 1920x1080px
  • MP4 format - H264 Codec - AAC audio - most with 30fps
  • EmuMovie or community video integration, unless not available, I created myself the games loop.

Arcade.jpg

// INSTRUCTION //

There is 2 way to download my videos :

Way 1 : The easy one

• In LaunchBox, go to "tools > Download platform video theme"
  • Select "Viking's Nostalgia (16x9)"
  • Clic "OK"

Way 2 : By hand

• Download files here one by one and copy into :    ... / LauchBox / Themes / <theme name> / Videos / Platforms / ...
  • Rename the videos exactly as the name of the desired platform in LaunchBox.
  • Launch BigBox

// PREVIEW //

Super Nintendo Entertainment System EUR.jpgSega Master System.jpgNintendo Wii.jpg

What's New in Version 1.3.2   See changelog

Released

• add +1 new CATEGORY video (favourite)
  • add +1 new PLATFORM video (Sega Naomi 2)
  • Like 46
  • Thanks 16
  • Game On 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

1 hour ago, Chris Kant said:

looks really good, even when it is not the same but I am happy and thankfully for that one. I appreciate you work @Dane thank you

You are very welcome, anytime.

• Like 1

These are amazing! Can't imagine anything else even in the future!
All the more does it hurt (not meant as a complaint, though) when there's one system inbetween all the others which doesn't have its own video >_<
It's unbelievable how many systems are here already, but the one missing for me is the Casio PV-2000 (the PV-1000 is there, but it's a different console with other games... it also completely failed but I have a heart for those crazy rare systems). Not sure if you're still making these videos but if you could add that one, that would be fantastic.

One other thing: Does anyone else have issues with the Nintendo Switch video? It plays normally when opening the video file but for whatever reason it won't play in BigBox for me. I triple-checked the names and all, but everthing seems to be in order...

Edited by EgoBizarro

@EgoBizarro thx !

I dont make make any more Nostalgia video. See the download page ;)

But I work on a new community platform video set, in the same spirit, but better.

Stay tune, I will post first videos soon (few weeks)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, EgoBizarro said:

Oh, ok, nice! Looking forward to seeing that (though not sure it can beat the simple perfection of Nostalgia for me) :)

Same here....though maybe the addition of the original platform's box would be nice!

As soon as I can ! I must be around 200 hours of hard work. Almost all Photoshop montage done. 

• Like 1

Do you have a Daphne specific image that uses a Dragon's Lair arcade cabinet?  I'd love to have that cab instead of the generic one.   Amazing work by the way!  

On 3/27/2018 at 2:49 PM, Dane said:

Actually, I have just tested it on BigBox and the background is kind of funky. The nice shadowing present on the normal background must have been effected upon exporting from your video editing program. 

image.png

Hi, what theme are you using so you get the wheel to move from right to left?

5 hours ago, GabrielsArcade said:

Hi, what theme are you using so you get the wheel to move from right to left?

I am using Viking's Nostalgia theme.

6 hours ago, GabrielsArcade said:

Ok, thanks, but how are you getting the wheel to look so down scaled.

Oh, actually, from memory I think I used the default theme and then just changed all the backgrounds manually to Viking’s Nostalgia one’s.

@viking

This is fantastic work, some great looking images of old retro screens. Might I ask what is the deal with images you have used (Arcade machines, old TVs etc) are these open source images? 

I am looking to create a video myself with some retro style footage, so the assists you hare provided as part of your source material 7zip folder are what I have been looking for.

Thanks in advance and again, great job! 

@viking  @dragon57
Any possibility of doing the Orion-128 Russian home computer?

By the way, I can't access the "You can find additional videos here" click-link. Receiving the error 2D161/1

1 hour ago, spycat said:

@viking  @dragon57
Any possibility of doing the Orion-128 Russian home computer?

By the way, I can't access the "You can find additional videos here" click-link. Receiving the error 2D161/1

I might consider it if I had any good art for it. If you can supply any, or point me to some, that would really help.

Yep, looks like the link to my video additions is broken. You can still find them if you search for them by looking for my content under the files section.

@dragon57

Many thanks for the reply, and I did find your platform set.
The zip contains a png of the Orion-128 computer plus 8 short mp4 game videos. If these are unsuitable to work with it's not a bother.

orion128.zip

24 minutes ago, spycat said:

@dragon57

Many thanks for the reply, and I did find your platform set.
The zip contains a png of the Orion-128 computer plus 8 short mp4 game videos. If these are unsuitable to work with it's not a bother.

orion128.zip 13.4 MB · 2 downloads

Thanks for that archive. I'll review it later tonight and see what I can come up with. Not sure when I'll have something though.

• Thanks 1

you already done a nitendo switch video for colorful, can you do another for this collection, and also add to both a SNES MSU-1 theme video, thanks

Edited by DragoonDemon4

18 hours ago, DragoonDemon4 said:

you already done a nitendo switch video for colorful, can you do another for this collection, and also add to both a SNES MSU-1 theme video, thanks

I have both of those in my Nostalgia additions sets: