About This File
WoodPanels has the old school retro feel of playing games on an old TV in a room with bad, green carpeting, but golden wooden paneled walls. The video game console or platform appears above or beside the television to match that look and feel. It is paired with a set of 8-bit fonts to complete the experience.
- Designed for 16:9 screens on a 1080p monitor (need feedback on different resolutions)
- Platform navigation features device images for 40 platforms.
- Games list view features device images for 40 platforms with support for game videos, game 3D/2D box art, game cart images (SNES, N64, Genesis, 32X, and Jaguar only).
- Consoles are paired with one of four different TVs from the same decade they were released (70s, 80s, 90s, 00s)
- "Wall View" for looking at game boxes on shelves is accompanied by the platform logo and image of the original console packaging.
- WoodPanels Startup Video is here!
- Alternate all-wood background available below, just unzip it under Launchbox/Themes/ and overwrite the default one.
1. Unzip in LaunchBox/Themes/WoodPanels. In BigBox under Options>Views>Theme> choose "WoodPanels"
2. To ensure you're viewing the image of the console and TV alongside the game list, go into the BigBox Menu (hit Esc on your keyboard or back on your controller) and select "View Platforms".
3. To view the carousel of devices in your platform view, go into Options>Views>Platform List View> and select "Platform Wheel 1".
4. Lastly, to make sure you keep this view the next time you start BigBox, go into Options>Views>Default Startup View> and select "Platforms".
5. For N64, SNES, Jaguar, Genesis, and Sega 32X, you need to download the game cart images AND you need to set your LaunchBox settings so your fallback images are disabled for this, otherwise when you have a missing game cart image it will pull something else and look...bad. LaunchBox Options>Legacy>Images>Cart Front Priorities>Uncheck all but "Cart - Front"
6. To enable a the "Wall View", change BigBox Options>Views>Games List View>Wall View. Switch it back to "Text List with Details" if you decide to go back.
Need to add MSX platform device image, gameslistview, box
- PS1 gameslist image missing power light
- Super Nintendo gameslist image missing power light
- Nintendo 64 gameslist image missing power light
Dreamcast gameslist image missing power light
- 3DO device image doesn't match gameslist or box images
- Commodore Amiga device image doesn't match gameslist or box images
NeoGeo portable color device image doesn't match box or gamelist image
- Sega CD box doesn't match gameslist or device image
- PS1 box image doesn't match gameslist image
What's New in Version 1.7.1 See changelog
- Replaced image for Dreamcast console with a better one.
- Did some color correction on PS1 console to match the controller.
- Updated every console with a gameslist image so that it uses one of four different TVs (70s, 80s, 90s, 00s) based on when it was released.