LaunchBox Community Forums

BannerBox 2.1

(11 reviews)

5 Screenshots

About This File

Logo.png.7a761e9ba2294e488a6d34cade79004e.png

Welcome to Faeran's BannerBox. A horizontal banner based theme, inspired by 80s retro. This theme requires that you be running LaunchBox 11.10 or later due to its reliance on the new wheel.

The following info is now considered legacy:

Spoiler

This base theme has banners for the following systems (Some System packs will be released separately):

Spoiler

Arcade
Atari 2600
Atari 5200
Atari 7800
Atari Jaguar
Atari Jaguar CD
Atari Lynx
Atari XEGS
Bally Astrocade
Casio PV-1000
ColecoVision
Entex Adventure Vision
Fairchild Channel F
GCE Vectrex
Mattel Intellivision
NEC PC Engine
NEC TurboGrafx-16
*Nintendo 3DS
Nintendo 64
Nintendo 64DD
*Nintendo DS
Nintendo Entertainment System
Nintendo Game Boy
Nintendo Game Boy Advance
Nintendo Game Boy Color
Nintendo GameCube
Nintendo Pokemon Mini
Nintendo Virtual Boy
*Nintendo Wii
Nintendo Wii U
Sega 32X
Sega CD
Sega Dreamcast
Sega Game Gear
Sega Genesis
Sega Mark III
Sega Master System
Sega Saturn
Sega SG-1000
SNK Neo Geo AES
SNK Neo Geo CD
SNK Neo Geo Pocket
SNK Neo Geo Pocket Color
Sony Playstation
*Sony Playstation 2
*Sony PSP
Super Nintendo Entertainment System
VTech CreatiVision

*Only a small amount of banners were created for these systems

Download extra banner packs and install them into:

LAUNCHBOX\Themes\BannerBox\Images\Games\Custom Images 1

Explaination of some files:

• BannerBox.zip - The same theme that can be downloaded from within Big Box's theme manager
  • BannerBox - Base Theme - No Game Banners.zip - Same theme as above, but without any game banners. Use this if you want to create your own banners
  • BannerBox - Template - Create Your Own Banners.zip - Use this file to load into the COMMUNITY Theme Creator to create your own banner images

Learn how to create your own BannerBox Banner Images: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtK2S7Owo8Y

Download banners created by the community in this thread:

BannerBox Community Banner Thread - Platform Media - LaunchBox Community Forums (launchbox-app.com)

Looking to create your own theme? Learn how by:
Following me on Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/retrofaeran
Subscribing to me on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2C5q0Muy-ehYpZUIIdJ94Q

CREDITS
----------------------------
Theme was created by @faeran
Theme was created using the COMMUNITY Theme Creator by @y2guru
Theme uses some amazing artwork by Rachid Loft. Find his work at: https://rachidlotf.com/

Edited by faeran

What's New in Version 2.1   See changelog

Released

• More controllers added
  • Misc fixes with the theme
  • Like 29
  • Thanks 4
  • Game On 1
  • Unusual Gem 10

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

28 minutes ago, faeran said:
  • If you want playlist video to play across all themes, place it in:
    • LAUNCHBOX\Videos\Playlists
  • If you want playlist video to play for a specific theme, place it in:
    • LAUNCHBOX\Themes\[theme]\Videos\Playlists

Also, you can make a playlist video specific to a platform, or have it more general, depending on the name you give it.

• Specific to a platform:
    • eg: Nintendo Entertainment System Action.mp4
  • General:
    • eg: Action.mp4

Right, I have seen people upload playlist videos, so I sort of knew about those before.  What I was wondering is if there is a view, or maybe a setting within launchbox, that can turn off looking for videos for only auto-populated platform playlists?   Probably not huh.

1 hour ago, damageinc86 said:

Right, I have seen people upload playlist videos, so I sort of knew about those before.  What I was wondering is if there is a view, or maybe a setting within launchbox, that can turn off looking for videos for only auto-populated platform playlists?   Probably not huh.

Yeah, that's just not how it works.

I guess you can put a fake video file for your playlists, and then it would not play anything.

5 minutes ago, faeran said:

Yeah, that's just not how it works.

I guess you can put a fake video file for your playlists, and then it would not play anything.

Yeah might do a quick 1 sec. Blank video I guess. Thanks.

2 minutes ago, damageinc86 said:

Yeah might do a quick 1 sec. Blank video I guess. Thanks.

Even better. Create a text file and just change it to a *.mp4

For me this is the best theme ever created! Congratulations on your great work!
Just one question. At the bottom, the Cart Front of the games do not appear completely, is this normal or do you intend to release an update to make this correction? Thank you!

Imagem.thumb.jpg.33117ee35b060cb825e385154c7178d5.jpg

Amazing theme! is more packs coming out? missing a few platform arts and game arts for those platforms then it'll be my favorite theme!

On 6/10/2020 at 8:33 AM, Newlander said:

Amazing theme! is more packs coming out? missing a few platform arts and game arts for those platforms then it'll be my favorite theme!

Thanks @Newlander.

For Game banners, you can create your own, based on the games you have in your library, by following the video in the description.

For Platform banners, I would recommend checking out this thread:

Hi @faeran,

Just dropped by to say your theme is best I have seen so far! This looks great and adds a new level to my arcade cab at home, thanks for that. Maybe in a later stage I will try and make some banners of my own, but time is not on my side at the moment ?. So for now I will just enjoy all that's there. 

Cheers!

Hi @faeran and everyone,

ive made some mods to this awesome banner box theme to better suit my gaming history. Ive added two screenshots and circled in green a couple of areas.

In the first shot of the options menu ive circled the logo.png. ive changed that logo out (still credit to faeran on it!) but i dont have the over lay on it, i prefer it to be full color/brightness which it is EXCEPT for a pulsing overlay that fades the logo out a bit. very noticeable on my modified one. does anyone know how i can get rid of that pulsing overlay from the options screen in the theme?

second shot ive circled the favorites/broken/completed bar and the detail logos. id like to know if anyone knows how i can get rid of these (maybe just some like the region/star rating/esrb rating

im not an expert at code or finding what these items are in the xml files (or whereever)

ive thrown a few more photos of my changes below just because. Cheers!

1400872507_DesktopScreenshot2020_06.17-00_01_45_34.thumb.png.ae92f5cefbdccd7abf559f38cd88bab7.png786275760_DesktopScreenshot2020_06.17-00_00_05_09.thumb.png.90ec98c05fe26522321f56aca88ffea0.png

below is a couple shots of my changes.850053342_DesktopScreenshot2020_06_16-22_04_10_16.thumb.png.dc05f9a260fd7e893238c2b99b8fc83a.png146515062_DesktopScreenshot2020_06.16-22_04_19_76.thumb.png.024839860f1db9c47bfeb6e3bf6dfbf4.png

Edited by chriskrojs

Hi guys. New to Bannerbox so please be patient.

I am having issues creating banners for my Windows and Switch games.

I am trying to make my own banners, but the bottom 3rd of the image is cut off and blank as there is no controller info to appear.

I would be happy to just have the background colour fill the whole banner, it would look neater.

Is there a way to achieve this please? :)

3 hours ago, Fredster1978 said:

I am trying to make my own banners, but the bottom 3rd of the image is cut off and blank as there is no controller info to appear.

What is the resolution of your machine where you're generating the custom images?  I've had this issue as well when generating custom images from an old laptop with a lower resolution than 1080p.  For now, your system resolution should be 1080P to generate a proper image for the provided template or it will be cut off.  

Regarding the controller info, that is displayed in the theme on the fly.  It picks up the controller image from \LaunchBox\Themes\BannerBox\Media\Controllers folder.  There must be an image in there that matches the game's platform name.  There is no image in there by default for Nintendo Switch so you'll have to add it.  I also had a problem with the Windows image.  The default image provided of a mouse and keyboard is titled Microsoft Windows.  My windows platform is just "Windows"  So if you like that image, you can copy/paste the image file in the controllers folder and change the name to "Windows" or whatever your platform name is.  If you want a different image to appear for windows controllers, you can always download whatever image you like and put it there with the appropriate title.  

Hi Fry many thanks for your help.

I have downloaded a pic of an Xbox one controller, called it Windows and placed in dir advised, but the controller doesn't show, the bottom  section of the banner is just black?

31 minutes ago, Fredster1978 said:

I have downloaded a pic of an Xbox one controller, called it Windows and placed in dir advised, but the controller doesn't show, the bottom  section of the banner is just black?

Are you looking in big box or in the community theme creator?  If you're in big box, you might need to refresh the image cache first to make the controller image that you added show up.  If you're in the theme creator, you won't see it because the controller image is overlaid as part of the theme.  

Regarding the black box at the bottom, i'm not sure.  I had that exact thing happen to me when generating images from a different resolution.  Are you seeing the black part at the bottom if you edit the view in the community theme creator?  Or is it cropping after you export?  

Thanks again Fry for taking the time to help me.

In the creator the banner looks fine, it's when in bigbox it has the bottom 1/4 just black.

View the created banner it looks like this..

IMG_20200716_154538.jpg

6 hours ago, Fredster1978 said:

Thanks again Fry for taking the time to help me.

In the creator the banner looks fine, it's when in bigbox it has the bottom 1/4 just black.

View the created banner it looks like this..

IMG_20200716_154538.jpg

@Fredster1978 exit the community theme creator, Making sure you haven’t just minimised it. Properly exit. 

1. Click the Start button.
  2. Select the Settings icon.
  3. Select System.
  4. Click Advanced display settings.
  5. Click on the menu under Resolution.

what is the highest resolution you can choose?

if the highest isn’t already selected then select it and press apply and then reopen community theme creator and try to create a banner again.

Edited by chriskrojs

Hi guys , do you know why my platorms view look like this :(, i have launch ver 11.2

image.thumb.png.d68bf14cfd92d463ba03fa09a7d4f1c6.png

Edited by Drodrick

14 minutes ago, Drodrick said:

Hi guys , do you know why my platorms view look like this :(, i have launch ver 11.2

image.thumb.png.d68bf14cfd92d463ba03fa09a7d4f1c6.png

Solved, Its necesary refresh the platform wheel in image cache, what a theme!

Hi, thanks for this beautiful theme, I now use it for my main couch setup.
I would like to know if there is a way to change the default video background (BG.mp4) on the platform page and set different video backgrounds for each console?

is the files for changing parts of the theme itself available? i see the awesome templet for the banners but i don't see the theme files.. 

On 9/20/2020 at 1:28 PM, ALIE said:

is the files for changing parts of the theme itself available? i see the awesome templet for the banners but i don't see the theme files.. 

COMMUNITY Theme creator files have just be uploaded. People can now use these files to load into the COMMUNITY Theme Creator and create their own custom version of BannerBox.

• Unusual Gem 1

Hello, can i only set Banner? I just want this on my screen, then when i pop up doesnt show other setup you did. 

Check photo for an example, thanks in advance!

Sem Título.jpg

Sem Título1.jpg

Love this theme, I'm actually combining it with Neon Deluxe Arcade, just wondering though is there anyway to run it in native 4k at all? As all artwork seems to be forced to 1080p regardless of my own resolution or artwork quality used.