LaunchBox Community Forums

Aeon MQ7 [Preview Version] 0.3

(4 reviews)

7 Screenshots

About This File

This is a loose port / interpretation of the Aeon MQ7 skin for Kodi. It’s one of my absolute favorite skins for Kodi and was a huge inspiration for my first BigBox theme: CriticalZone

After @NJDave71 already brought Aeon Nox to BigBox I thought it would be time to bring Aeon MQ as well.

This theme was designed for 16:9 and 16:10 aspect ratios and tested on 1920x1080 and 1920x1200 resolutions!

This is just an early preview version that I built last September. Due to my new job I hadn’t much time to finish it up as an extensive theme like CriticalZone. I used the holidays to polish the Views that I already had as I don’t want to just sit on it any longer and I have definitely planned to add a ton of new Games Views to this, but I don’t know when I will find the time to do it. So for now just take it as it is and tell me what you think about it and what do you wish for potential updates. :)

This theme currently features 4 Platforms and 3 Games Views.

How to install:

1.    Just download the archive and extract it to:  “..\LaunchBox\Themes\”

2.    Go to the “Plugins” folder inside of the extracted folder and right-click on of the .dll file. Choose Properties -> Click on “Unblock” at the bottom of the window. Close the window. If the "Unblock" button isn't there than you are already good to go.

3.    Open the Options menu in BigBox -> go to “Views” and change the Theme to "Aeon MQ7".

IMPORTANT: This theme requires at least LB v9.4 to work properly!

Showcase video of the Game Views by @pipes78

I like to thank the following persons for their indirect help to create this theme:

@eatkinola for his guide on how to add fonts as a plugin

And of course everyone who was working on the original Aeon MQ skin!

Known issues:

- The navigation for the game boxes doesn’t work in the Horizontal Wheel Platforms View 1

- The available space for the horizontal scrolling text gets smaller the higher the DPI settings are on your PC.

What's New in Version 0.3   See changelog

Released

v0.3 - 02.13.2019 - requires LB v9.4 or higher
- Removed: The weather plugin by @Grila was removed as it's being broken at the moment.
- Removed: The HelperControl plugin was removed as its functions are now integrated in Big Box itself
- Fixed: The games count in the Platform Views now handles smaller and bigger numbers better  
- Updated: The theme was updated and tested for the new theming engine changes in LB v9.4
- Updated: The community rating is now rounded up to two decimal places

- Fixed: The games count now works for Playlists and Platform Categories.

- Updated: The HelperControl plugin was updated to the latest version.

- Fixed: The GameDetailsView.xaml file was missing in the 0.2 release.

- General: The WallView does now support game videos! - You need at least LaunchBox v8.0 Beta-2 to make it work.

- Updated: NJDave71's HelperControl was updated to the latest version

- General: The speed of the horizontal scrolling text was increased

Updated: Grila's weather plugin was updated to the newest version. You can now see if the temperature is set up in celsius or fahrenheit and the platform views now show the name of the current set up location.

Updated: Changed the font of the weather to the general one of the theme

Fixed: Some logos were cut off in the Platform Views

• Like 23
  • Thanks 3

User Feedback

You may only provide a review once you have downloaded the file.

bundangdon

3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

Fantastic theme! This is the first theme I've seen which uses the wall-view in a very attractive way. Keep up the good work!

• Thanks 1
Link to review
CTRL-ALT-DEFEAT

2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

This is a beautiful theme! I honestly thought I'd keep using Critical Zone for a very long time, but after downloading this and trying it out, I've decided to switch this as the main theme. Really nice work on this! Thank you!

• Thanks 1
Link to review
Jinux

· Edited by Jinux

1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

It is a very nice theme, but sadly the game count does not work. It says 0 games, other themes display the game count correct.

Maybe i'm doing something wrong? It says in version 0.2.2 it is fixed ...

PCZylLh.png

Link to review
MultipleX

1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

Awesome!! Please keep updating it! this is the bomb!

• Thanks 1
Link to review