Jump to content
LaunchBox Community Forums

DOS76

Members
  • Posts

    9,052
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    15

Everything posted by DOS76

  1. In the MAME.ini file pretty much right at the top
  2. whoops missed that post.
  3. by default MAME will be looking for them in a folder ROMs inside of the MAME folder. They can be anywhere you want but you will have to set the location inside of MAME if they aren't inside of the MAME folder
  4. Or in RetroArch you would use the MAME core with no year in the name.
  5. DOS76

    Storage question

    I have mine connected to a always on server it has 24 drives connected to it at all times.
  6. DOS76

    LB reinstall.

    Yes
  7. What version of the ROMs do you have? If you don't know your best bet would be to get a new set and then also get the corresponding emulator version. Then you should try getting the games running in MAME itself before you try getting it to run through LaunchBox.
  8. RetroArch supports CHD files so you would need to either download the MAME set for PCECD or unzip your games and then run what you have through chdmon which is a program that comes included in MAME. I believe there are some files floating around that will allow you to run it in batch but I'm not sure where you would find them.
  9. I understand that I don't have my wheel setup for the same reason
  10. DOS76

    Storage question

    yeah but he said he was looking for an external drive enclosure not a NAS system.
  11. DOS76

    Main folder

    yes that should be doable if you want you could copy most of the stuff in the folder maybe minus the media ie images music manuals and videos real fast and see if the games launch then you will know for certain.
  12. I imagine it would work for a lot of different stuff and any system that prompts you for a bios when you launch it but that is just a theory of course but I could see it working for software list stuff if you had individual .ini files for them.
  13. DOS76

    Storage question

    Forgot to add it isn't freeware either but does have a free 30 day trial I believe.
  14. DOS76

    Storage question

    Just to add that the pool only creates a single folder on each drive and anything outside of that folder isn't in the pool so you can also use the drive like a regular drive as well part of the pool.
  15. DOS76

    Storage question

    I use a software solution called StableBit Drivepool that makes a virtual drive that shows all your drives as one and has options for file duplication at different levels although I only use 2 copies. The program leaves all drives in NTFS allowing you to use them in any computer and if one dies you just pop in a new drive and it will check the pool for duplication and recreate all the missing files on the new disk it also features read stripping and a bunch of other stuff. I'm terrified of Raid myself and fear if something happened and you lose your whole array.
  16. lol sounds like 1st world problems
  17. interesting so if you had the .ini for either the game or the system driver you could just specify it there and not in your top level MAME.ini
  18. DOS76

    Storage question

    I use these (I have 4 of them) but they don't support Raid although the company does have a different model that does do Raid https://www.amazon.com/Mediasonic-ProBox-HF2-SU3S2-SATA-Enclosure/dp/B003X26VV4
  19. Now you have an excuse to build a dedicated racing cabinet to go with your wheel.
  20. It has to be named like either the title in LB or the ROM name either will work but for scraping purposes I believe LB will name it after the title.
  21. DOS76

    SNES not working

    Or you can just follow the link that I'm going to include which is directly from Microsoft and you can install all DX runtimes. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35
  22. By default LB uses the Nestopia core but Mesen is the best one right now.
  23. DOS76

    install the mame

    Okay 1st off welcome to the forum. We are going to need a little more information from you as to how you imported your ROMs. Did you use the new full set importer or the old method to import? Which version of the emulator do you have? Which version of the ROMs do you have? If you used the old method when you imported the games into LB which option did you choose in the import wizard the move games into the LB games folder, copy games to that folder or to just leave your games where they originally were? MAME by default expects all the games to be in MAME\ROMs so if you chose the 1st option to move the games into LB or your ROMs aren't located at that location MAME can't see the games because they aren't where they are expected. If you used the newer method and pointed the importer to your roms folder and it is in the expected folder inside of the MAME directory then I would have to guess that maybe your ROMs and emulator version are mismatched and that can cause issues
  24. Probably just means the game isn't in the database if you want to add the game yourself go to the top of the forum and click on the Games DB in the site header register for an account and then you can start submitting things.
  25. You can also turn on the option to show hidden folders in File Explorer (Windows Explorer for Windows 7 users) In Windows 10 you just switch to the View tab in the ribbon click the little triangle icon under options and then choose change folders and search options. Click the view tab and change the radio button for showing hidden folders. There are also a few other good checkboxes in there to uncheck like the one to not show know file extensions. That is always one of the 1st things I change when I start a fresh build.
×
×
  • Create New...