LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox Beta Testing

Jason Carr

Alright, I changed the max upload size to 2 megabytes. It was set really low by default. I'd set it higher but apparently my PHP max upload size is 2 megs, and I don't feel like hunting that down. ;) Per the Edit button, it should allow anyone to Edit, until there has been a reply. It won't let you edit after a reply just because that could disrupt the flow, depending.

Jason Carr said Alright, I changed the max upload size to 2 megabytes. It was set really low by default. I'd set it higher but apparently my PHP max upload size is 2 megs, and I don't feel like hunting that down. ;) Per the Edit button, it should allow anyone to Edit, until there has been a reply. It won't let you edit after a reply just because that could disrupt the flow, depending.
They set it low probably because they dont want to pay arms and legs for server costs. Any higher and they'll probably want money from you.

Just put out another new beta. I tested a bunch of GOG games and tweaked a few things. The importer now favors the links from the game folders for GOG games. It also finds every single GOG game I've tested so far, so that's a win at least. :)

Great stuff, Jason! Thanks for the info. I'm not going to be much help over the weekend, I'm afraid, as I won't be able to be on my gaming machine (but I'll have access to a Chromebook, so I can at least chat). Come Monday though, I'll be able to get the full list to you. I don't think you've answered this question though: For the Windows games that LB didn't find, do you want full paths including executables, or just the directories? Cheers! John

Jason Carr said The full paths would be awesome, John. No worries. I'm hoping to put the official release early next week.
Can do. I've just tried scanning for Windows games on version 4.8 beta 7 and this time it didn't find the same games again (as it had immediately after finding them in the last release). It didn't find the ones it had missed though, so I'll start documenting paths. I'm assuming I should skip all games that fall under Steam, Origin, and Gog Galaxy? EDIT: Added the file. This is the same as the one I linked to, only at the bottom you'll find all the Windows games that LB missed in the C:\. I still need to do the I:\ (which is 2 terrabytes and is my primary gaming drive). That will be a separate file. Two important notes about this list: First, there are two executables in all Wild Tangent game directories. The one that must be used is the file with -WT appended (before the .exe) or the game will not run (due to DRM). For example: Braveland.exe will not work, while Braveland-WT.exe will. Second don't judge me for all the hidden object games. I am the only adult male in a house full of women. I promise: I have never, nor will never, play "Clover Tale: The Magic Valley". :)

I've just noticed this, so it gets its own post. If you expand the Details pane on the right side, click a few games and then click on the red heart, LB will only add the last game clicked to your favorites, instead of doing a batch-favorite on all selected games. Clicking on the pencil to edit works the same way. If it isn't possible to launch the batch wizard via the icons, maybe a message to let the player know they haven't affected all selected games should be given?

Nice, thanks hippy. Will review to see if there's anything I can do on those. Per the game details, I see what you're saying. But generally, I would think that it would make sense that you're only favoriting or editing one item, because only one item's game details are displayed.

Jason Carr said Per the game details, I see what you're saying. But generally, I would think that it would make sense that you're only favoriting or editing one item, because only one item's game details are displayed.
True, but using [control]+[left mouse-click] allows several games to be selected at once, as in any directory. Once they're highlighted, the natural expectation (at least to me) is that any action taken on one, will be taken on all. I thought it would save me a few steps to "batch favorite" by just clicking on the heart as opposed to right clicking on a game, selecting Edit, the window popping up, me clicking "Next," then choosing "Favorite" from the drop-down menu, then "Next, then clicking "Favorite," then "Next" again). Yes, I'm really that lazy. :) [EDIT to add: I'm not saying you should actually do this (although I'd love it); I'm just explaining my thought process.] Just noticed something while writing that post though: there's no "Back" option, although the window tells me there is: No Back

Hippyshake said
Jason Carr said Per the game details, I see what you're saying. But generally, I would think that it would make sense that you're only favoriting or editing one item, because only one item's game details are displayed.
Just noticed something while writing that post though: there's no "Back" option, although the window tells me there is: No Back
That's because it is in the upper left. Windows design changed.

So, last night I put out a new beta that allows you to download Steam banners upon importing from Steam. And should also work in the Download Metadata and Images wizard. I could really use some help testing that, if anyone is interested. :)

Jason Carr said So, last night I put out a new beta that allows you to download Steam banners upon importing from Steam. And should also work in the Download Metadata and Images wizard. I could really use some help testing that, if anyone is interested. :)
I can do that in the morning, Jason.