LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox Beta Testing

Jason Carr

@Jason I reported an issue a while back about two emulators (CCS64 and MAMEUI) not closing via the controller automation key combination. I did some experimenting and discovered that they actually do close via that combination if you add in the old autohotkey script for closing on "ESC" into their emulator entries. The problem is, doing so causes other problems for using both of these emulators:
  • In the case of CCS64 you need to have access to ESC for navigating some of its menus.
  • In the case of MAMEUI when you close via the AHK script it doesn't save changes you've made in the MAME UI (like button reassignments, for example). MAMEUI is setup to close normally on ESC anyway (and retains changes you make), but the problem is that for whatever reason that particular emulator doesn't recognize keyboard inputs when played via Steam Link, but controller inputs (including Launchbox controller automation inputs) work just fine.
  • Basically, adding in the AHK script makes the controller automation close function work, but I need to be able to use controller automation without using this script (and least in association with the ESC key) because of other problems that it creates... I thought maybe this information would help narrow things down a bit. I hope so anyway Confused For CCS64 all that's really necessary for it to work is for the existing AHK + Controller Automation functionality to function as-is but be piped to a button other than ESC. Changing the script to "End", for example, makes pressing the End key close the emulator just fine, but then the controller automation close no longer works. For MAMEUI I basically just need the controller automation combination to send an "ESC" input. Sorry for the information overload Frown AHK Script:
    Spoiler
    ; This section closes [platform name] when pressing Escape $Esc:: { Process, Close, {{{StartupEXE}}} }
    Also...thank you for all the bug fixes! You definitely knocked out some biggies there. Thanks!

Thank you @shinra358, that is a good point. I'm gonna go ahead with the release as-is but we can come back to that soon. @Zombeaver, thanks for working through that stuff. I've learned that MAME is just problematic across the board because you can't simulate any keypresses for it, but thankfully MAME does provide the option to have a button combination close itself out, so you can customize the MAME config to handle it with the same buttons instead. Going to be putting the official release out very shortly. :)

Jason Carr said MAME does provide the option to have a button combination close itself out, so you can customize the MAME config to handle it with the same buttons instead.
    Ah! I didn't even think of that! I'll give that a shot. That should work via Steam Link since the controller inputs themselves all seem to register.
    Jason Carr said ...you can't simulate any keypresses for it...
    I didn't realize this - I bet that's actually why keyboard presses via Steam Link don't work. It's actually the only emulator that I've used that's exhibited that behavior so I knew there had to be something weird with it. Thank you!

We're going live with brand new forums tomorrow, guys. If you can, join us tomorrow morning in the development live stream at 9:30 AM PST. https://www.twitch.tv/jasondavidcarr I'll be asking everyone in the stream to help test the new forums and fixing things as we go. :)

2 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

It seems to be this thread only that is duplicating posts. So weird. I'm gonna close it out and open a new beta testing thread in a few. @CliveBarker in theory you should have an Options dropdown next to edit that should allow you delete it. Let me know if not. :)

Nope, only Quote and Edit. Maybe the Options thingy is not enabled for all users?

• Like 1