LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox Beta Testing

Jason Carr

But yes, the other option is just to change the Emulator Name field. The name just has to be unique. But now that emulators support more than one platform with different command line parameters, you can just add one emulator with different platforms and it'll run the right command line parameters depending on the platform of the game.

Jason Carr said Ah, yes, that's because it expects you to add two different platforms to the *same* emulator instead of two completely different emulators. You can specify different command line parameters for different platforms, even when using the same emulator.
Oh I get it now, actually the system works really well once you understand the flow.

Hello everyone; I just put out the official 4.3 release to resolve a number of minor bugs in 4.2. But also, we were getting lots of false positives by various anti-virus tools. I did some testing and it turns out that LaunchBox itself comes up clean, but my WinRAR setups were tripping the scanners. I realized that I had updated to the latest version of WinRAR before I put out 4.2, which stupidly was causing the problems. So I downgraded my WinRAR back to what it was. Those of you who run anti-virus tools like Avast, Avira, AVG, etc., can you test the update process and make sure you don't run into any issues? Thanks, Jason

• 2 weeks later...
Long time no see. Sorry I have had no time to commit to you as of late, I do miss this project. Just noticed 4.4 was released so I thought I'd stop by and say hi. LB seems to be coming along great, excellent work. Hope all is good on your end.

• 3 weeks later...
Testing the 4.5 beta 1 and the new import from file is really nice! Found 2 errors so far. The first is when I launch the import from file the windows that pops up has a black bar across the top in the windows explorer looking area. Not sure if thats an error but it does look out of place. The second error is if you repeat the import process while you're currently importing it will crash with an error. If only 1 background process can be done at a time then some checking when initially launching the import needs to be done or preferable que the import to start after the current one is done. I also noticed that when adding a folder there's no option for filtering files, (.zip .7z, etc..) this could cause issues if save and save states exist in the same folder.

Thank you Wolfereign! Good finds. Can you screenshot me the black bar you're seeing? What version of Windows are you running? Per the filtering, I'm hoping users can use the Windows search functionality to select the files they need, though I do need to figure out a way to enlighten people about that who don't know how to do it.

Did some more testing and the black bar was only showing up over my remote connection. Logged in locally I haven't seen it so the issue is probably edge case. The back arrow on the top left of the import windows is nice however since the bottom right of the window has "Next" and "Cancel" it's more intuitive to have a "Back" button to the left of Next. Something else I noticed is when you get to the select files to import section "Add Folder" and Add Files" have different path browsers. The one for add files would be preferable for both because it is a window's explorer window and unlike like the other one it allows you to select network shares or unc map a network share. Image of the good select folder
Spoiler
GoodSelectFolder.PNG

Thanks, Wolf. At some point Microsoft decided to use the up top back button for wizards, so it's just following MS's guidelines (though I agree, a Back button is more intuitive). I'll blame MS for the open folder dialog issue too; you practically have to reinvent the wheel in order to present a folder selection dialog using the better approach. The standard open file dialog does not support opening folders, so it's difficult to get past that. That said, I have this on my list to find a better solution for all of the open folder dialogs.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi shinra, the voting system comes up after you hide the Welcome dialog (click the "don't show this again for this version" check box) and then restart LaunchBox. I need to add a menu item for it; right now it only comes up in that situation. It might also not show up for new installs; can't remember if I limited it to upgraded installs or not.