LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox Beta Testing

Jason Carr

Seems to be working fine now, Thanks Jason! I've only tested .zip files, so I can't speak for .rar, .7z, etc.. but I'll do some more testing once I setup more systems. I haven't tested any disc based games yet, I'm still in the process of migrating over from HyperSpin.

Ok, after doing some more testing, it seems LaunchBox is deleting the archive from the Games folder upon closing the emulator and going back into the FE. Upon trying 3 Ninja's Kickback again just to see if it was in fact deleting the extracted game properly, I noticed that the Temp folder is in fact empty, but it's also removing the original archives.Capture.PNG

Riffman81 said Ok, after doing some more testing, it seems LaunchBox is deleting the archive from the Games folder upon closing the emulator and going back into the FE. Upon trying 3 Ninja's Kickback again just to see if it was in fact deleting the extracted game properly, I noticed that the Temp folder is in fact empty, but it's also removing the original archives.
Ouch!!!! Whoops...fixing that now... :/

Ok, so tried beta 6 and had the same problem. Uninstalled and reverted back to 5.8 and discovered I have the same issue. This happened right after rebooting windows so I know it's not a parallel program like Kodi causing anything. Could be a memory resident program like controller companion or anydvd. Clarified steps to replicate: - Reboot Windows - Start BigBox - Start a game in BigBox - Close BigBox - Open LaunchBox - Select Options

Bedwyr said Ok, so tried beta 6 and had the same problem. Uninstalled and reverted back to 5.8 and discovered I have the same issue. This happened right after rebooting windows so I know it's not a parallel program like Kodi causing anything. Could be a memory resident program like controller companion or anydvd. Clarified steps to replicate: - Reboot Windows - Start BigBox - Start a game in BigBox - Close BigBox - Open LaunchBox - Select Options
I tried a few different variants on the steps and I didn't get a lock up once.

Ok I copied those steps twice once switching back to desktop mode and once exiting and then starting LB from my taskbar when I go into options everything is fine when I click ok without making any changes I get the spinning wheel for less than 10 seconds and there is a second where the screen looks like it is going to resize then stops and returns to normal I've seen this before back before the major optimization when it took some time for the edit form to open.

Urgh. Ok, possibilities that occur to me: - Memory resident issues -- Controller Companion -- AnyDVDHD -- nVidia Experience -- Java (for Minecraft) - Windows 10 - Hardware -- nVidia gtx 660 -- 3670k i5 Any other possibilities?

Got it! It's the Xbox 1 controller. As long as it's active, Options won't pop up. I can normally select Options all day long to my hearts content but with the XB1 turned on it will not load. That's why I was making the BB connection. It's the only time I usually have the controller active and why I claimed the behavior happened only after loading BB. Possible things to test further: - This is with the wireless receiver. Does it also happen on a USB cable? - How about the 360 controller and wireless receiver? - I've disabled normal Win10 "game bar" functionality. Will the same behavior appear if I re-enabled it?

There have been a lot of issues related to the Xbox One controller driver's and games, LaunchBox and Emulators so I am not surprised. PS4 and Xbox 360 controllers are working just fine I believe. At least my PS4 controller is which the PC thinks (stupidly) that it's a 360 pad, but it's just how the drivers work.

Oddly, this only applies to the Options menu. No other popup has the same problem; I just tested it. It's also super reliable. If I have the controller on and select Options no popup. If I hold down the guide button, the very second it shuts off the Options menu pops up.

Well sadly I am unsure if there is going to be anything Jason is going to be able to do to fix that one, it is a drivers issue more than likely because they've been having a lot of them recently. I am sorry this was happening, but now we at least know a culprit.