LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox Beta Testing

Jason Carr

DOS76 said In the future will you be able to control the videos in LB with VLC like you could with WMP ie pause and other options when right clicking on the video.
Hi @DOS76, controls for VLC are indeed planned. I'm hoping at least rudimentary controls will make it into 5.9.

DOS76 said Does this manage multiple collections or only one per email i have LB capabilities on every computer i own which is far too many.
That's an interesting point. I don't plan to support multiple separate collections for the same account. The concept I'm envisioning is being able to sync up different installations of LaunchBox to all be the same. However, as-is right now you would be able to sync all your collections individually up to the LaunchBox Games Database and they will show combined up there without duplicates.

SentaiBrad said I do notice that currently the Online Library only shows games with front images associated with them, games without the images seem to be excluded.
Games without images are not excluded. However, I suspect you're just observing that games without images are missing from the LaunchBox Games Database entirely.

CADScott said My online collection works well in Chrome, but I do notice that I get only the platform list if the the window is not very wide on the screen or fullscreen.
This is by design, so that on small-screen devices the boxes show underneath the menu instead of beside the menu so that everything fits.

Jason Carr said
SentaiBrad said I do notice that currently the Online Library only shows games with front images associated with them, games without the images seem to be excluded.
Games without images are not excluded. However, I suspect you're just observing that games without images are missing from the LaunchBox Games Database entirely.
Yea once I read that it made sense. I'd still rather like to see an entire list of games even if it's missing the art personally. Though that won't be a problem for much longer. ;)

Hi, I'm having trouble with the 7z feature. Im trying to launch a dreamcast game from inside a 7z archive, which contains a .gdi file + a lot of bin/wav files. But it passes a track03.wav to the emulator instead of the .gdi file. How does launchbox choose which file to pass?

Not sure what else I can look at and hope someone might have an idea. Got new Beta, typically launchbox and all emulators and games run off my D drive (secondary drive), everything worked good up to this point but when the update took place, the program crashed "Launchbox has stopped working" everytime the status changed to "populating settings" Rebooted the PC and got the same issue, so I run a copy I had out of the One Drive, and after the update completed, relaunched and got the same results But it appeared I didn't really get the update, because I went to a different PC, launched from my one drive and it updated again, but it was now successful. I went back to my other PC that I have hooked to my TV that I normally use, launched from One Drive, crashed in same place and same status. They both are Windows 10 computers, the only difference in respect to the OS is the primary PC is a 32 bit, and the computer I got it working well off from is a 64 bit. Curious if anyone might have any input on what could have happened. Thanks!

Found a bug I add some videos to my Coleco platform to do and the video for Mr. Do is showing Mr. Do's Castle I went into edit and tried to download the MP4 and I got the message that I was going to overwrite my existing video file then when I clicked ok or yes which ever one it is instead of downloading the file like it usually does I get an error message telling me to restart if I close the message LB continues to work fine. So something has changed how it was handling this situation in the past.

Something is a miss it seems, I went to the extreme of removing Launchbox, reinstalled 5.8. Imported, navigated, etc, no problems. Got beta installed, right back to the same place it crashes right on the settings message. I guess I will go back to 5.8 or another version and wait, I am logged into my PC as an admin. For some reason, beta does not like me.

I just tried to update from beta 6 to beta 9. I got the standard Windows Explorer error box telling me that LaunchBox has stopped and asking me to close the program when the installation reaches the Populating Settings bit. Rolled back successfully to beta 6.

I moved back to 5.8- 5.9 beta 9 is where everything stopped working for me. Everything else including other beta versions I had no problems with. I will give it a try again on a newer update, just glad I got everything backed up!

Are there any logs or details that can be pulled? Once I allow it to upgrade to beta 9 is when I no longer have access to even the interface of the program. I can go as far as even recording a video of the upgrade to the relaunch when it decides to stop working if that will help with anything even. I have no problem in duplicating for these purposes, I don't have many games loaded to begin with so restoring everything is not going to be an "end of the world" scenario for me.

Complete crashes without any error information popping up are unusual. Unfortunately in that scenario there's no way to log anything really. There will be an application error event in the Windows event log that might have something but usually it's fairly useless. I think the best option would be for me to test with a LaunchBox.xml file that is causing the issues. Can you email me yours to jason@unbrokensoftware.com? Hopefully that will at least allow me to replicate the issue. Thanks!