LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox Beta Testing

Jason Carr

Thanks guys. Unfortunately I've tried both and they're both working fine for me, sigh. Anything you can give me at this point would be helpful; screenshots, videos, etc. Or even just a very detailed description of exactly what is happening and what you see. Also, if you go into your Windows Event Viewer and go to the Application log, it should give you some info on the crash at the top of the log. That might be useful as well. Beyond that I'm baffled. Oh, what version of Windows are you guys running? @DonkeyKongsVet @scree

I will work on a video, I will walk through the beta install as well, maybe something in there I didn't pick up on that might have also been key and I will take a look at what Windows has to say on it and see if that has any answers I run Windows 10 Home...32 bit

I bet it is, I just launched it off from my One Drive (a backup source for anything that happens) with my 64 Bit, Windows 10, Home system, no issues with the beta Execute it with the 32 bit system right off one drive, does the same thing as if I run it off my D drive

Can you two do me a favor? Create a separate copy of LB real fast and update that to the latest beta. If it loads and crashes that's fine, what I am more curious about is changing the VLC line in the XML. Load up your LaunchBox.xml with Notepad++ or something equivalent and search for "VLC" without the quotations. Replace VLC with Windows Media Player, save the XML and try opening LB again. We want to see if it's a VLC issue, neither of us have 32bit machines handy.

DonkeyKongsVet said Wonderful, I was about to state I can not find anything to do with VLC in my xml file, I even installed to my C drive and did a search for VLC and nothing returned, but I have a VLC folder
You searched the LaunchBox.xml and it found nothing related to VLC? huh... either way Jason is apparently super on top of it today. Let us know if the new beta fixed you.

It failed on me still, got the same exact issue, I am taking a look around because when I mentioned that there was nothing about VLC in my xml file on my system, I figured that was a flag, the one drive has reference to VLC in the xml file, but I get the same problem still even if I launch it from one drive. I am taking a spin around some logs on the system to see if something gets my attention that could be playing a part in this. I checked the XML file on the C and D drives, the D drive has Beta 10, C drive has Beta 9 both have no indication about VLC in the xml file, only my one drive copy does, but that still quits if I launch from the 32 bit but not the 64