LaunchBox Community Forums

Translating LaunchBox

Jason Carr

Hi @cyanjiang, what version of Chinese do you know? Ideally we'd probably want to use the most generic version of Chinese, but I don't know how different they are from each other. zh-CN Chinese - China zh-HK Chinese - Hong Kong zh-MO Chinese - Macau zh-SG Chinese - Singapore zh-TW Chinese - Taiwan zh-CHS Chinese (Simplified) zh-CHT Chinese (Traditional)

Also, @Wattoo and @Klamp, sorry I haven't gotten translation files to you guys yet. Quick question, though; is Canadian French similar enough to French in France that they're basically interchangeable? I ask because there's of course around six different versions of French. I'll probably call it the France version of French assuming there aren't too many differences between the two.

Jason Carr said Hi @cyanjiang, what version of Chinese do you know? Ideally we'd probably want to use the most generic version of Chinese, but I don't know how different they are from each other. zh-CN Chinese - China zh-HK Chinese - Hong Kong zh-MO Chinese - Macau zh-SG Chinese - Singapore zh-TW Chinese - Taiwan zh-CHS Chinese (Simplified) zh-CHT Chinese (Traditional)
Oh,The people's Republic of China and Singapore is the use of Chinese (Simplified)。Hong Kong、Macau and Taiwan is the use Chinese (Traditional)。

Jason Carr said Hi @cyanjiang, what version of Chinese do you know? Ideally we'd probably want to use the most generic version of Chinese, but I don't know how different they are from each other. zh-CN Chinese - China zh-HK Chinese - Hong Kong zh-MO Chinese - Macau zh-SG Chinese - Singapore zh-TW Chinese - Taiwan zh-CHS Chinese (Simplified) zh-CHT Chinese (Traditional)
The difference between simplified Chinese and traditional Chinese is that it reduces the strokes of traditional Chinese characters. In the world, the number of people who use simplified Chinese is more than 1,400,000,000. I use the simplified chinese.

Awesome. I'll make it Simplified Chinese. :) Also, I know Chinese is really important because of the number of people, so I really appreciate it. I'm creating the files for both the French and the Chinese translations now. Hopefully the France version of French works.

Jason Carr said Also, @Wattoo and @Klamp, sorry I haven't gotten translation files to you guys yet. Quick question, though; is Canadian French similar enough to French in France that they're basically interchangeable? I ask because there's of course around six different versions of French. I'll probably call it the France version of French assuming there aren't too many differences between the two.
Hey Jason, we need only one french version. Accents don't show up in text :)

That was unbelievably fast! Thank you @cyanjiang. I just put out a new beta with the translation. We will need to test all of the screens in LaunchBox and Big Box to see if there are any issues, such as text that is cut off or things that weren't translated, etc. I'm not going to be very useful doing that myself because I'm not familiar with the Chinese character set and such. I'm sure there will be at least a few places with problems; if you can let me know where they are, then I can fix them. Thanks again; it's great to see it all translated to Chinese. :)

Just put out a new beta; I've fixed the issues that @cyanjiang found with the Simplified Chinese translation, and added @AFaustini's Brazilian Portuguese translation. :) Also, the new setup I've built is localizable as well, which is great. Can you guys translate the following for me so I can fix up the setup? WelcomeLabel1=Welcome to the [name] Portable Setup Wizard WelcomeLabel2=This wizard will install [name/ver] on your computer.%n%nPlease note that LaunchBox is a portable application; the installer will not touch any files outside of the destination folder.%n%nStart menu icons will be created if not deselected in the wizard. ClickNext=Please click Next to continue, or Cancel to exit the wizard. ExitSetupMessage=The setup process has not completed; LaunchBox has not been installed.%n%nYou may run the setup again at another time to complete the installation. Do you wish to exit the setup? LicenseLabel=Please read the following license agreement. LicenseLabel3=You must accept the terms of this agreement before continuing with the installation. SelectDirLabel3=Please do not install LaunchBox into your Program Files folder; it will not function properly. SelectDirBrowseLabel=%nLaunchBox is a portable application and must be installed to a location with full write permissions for your user account.%n%nIf you use Dropbox, Google Drive, or OneDrive, we would suggest installing LaunchBox there.%n%nOtherwise, your user folder (default) or your Documents folder are good options.%n Website=%1 Website Forums=%1 Forums Wiki=%1 Wiki CreateDesktopIcon=Create &desktop icons Ignore what's to the left of the = sign; that's just the ID of the string. As always, thank you guys a million times over. :)

Oh, one more thing, @cyanjiang and @AFaustini. If you find any typos or issues in the translations, I'll need to send you a new set of translation files so you can fix the updated ones instead of the old ones. Otherwise, we'll lose the visual placement fixes that I made.

Jason Carr said Just put out a new beta; I've fixed the issues that @cyanjiang found with the Simplified Chinese translation, and added @AFaustini's Brazilian Portuguese translation. :) Also, the new setup I've built is localizable as well, which is great. Can you guys translate the following for me so I can fix up the setup? WelcomeLabel1=Welcome to the [name] Portable Setup Wizard WelcomeLabel2=This wizard will install [name/ver] on your computer.%n%nPlease note that LaunchBox is a portable application; the installer will not touch any files outside of the destination folder.%n%nStart menu icons will be created if not deselected in the wizard. ClickNext=Please click Next to continue, or Cancel to exit the wizard. ExitSetupMessage=The setup process has not completed; LaunchBox has not been installed.%n%nYou may run the setup again at another time to complete the installation. Do you wish to exit the setup? LicenseLabel=Please read the following license agreement. LicenseLabel3=You must accept the terms of this agreement before continuing with the installation. SelectDirLabel3=Please do not install LaunchBox into your Program Files folder; it will not function properly. SelectDirBrowseLabel=%nLaunchBox is a portable application and must be installed to a location with full write permissions for your user account.%n%nIf you use Dropbox, Google Drive, or OneDrive, we would suggest installing LaunchBox there.%n%nOtherwise, your user folder (default) or your Documents folder are good options.%n Website=%1 Website Forums=%1 Forums Wiki=%1 Wiki CreateDesktopIcon=Create &desktop icons Ignore what's to the left of the = sign; that's just the ID of the string. As always, thank you guys a million times over. :)
WelcomeLabel1=Bem vindo ao [name] Assistente de Instalação Portátil WelcomeLabel2=Este assistente irá instalar [name/ver] em seu computador.%n%nObserve que o Launchbox é um aplicativo portátil; O instalador não irá mexer em nenhum arquivo fora da pasta de destino.%n%nIcones no menu iniciar serão criados se não desmarcados no Assistente. ClickNext=Clique Próximo para Continuar, ou Cancelar para sair do assistente. ExitSetupMessage=O processo de instalação não foi completo; Launchbox não foi instalado.%n%nVocê deve rodar o instalador de novo para completar a instalação. Gostaria de sair do instalador? LicenseLabel=Leia o acordo de licenciamento a seguir. LicenseLabel3=Você deve acertar os termos deste acordo antes de continuar com a instalação. SelectDirLabel3= Não instale LaunchBox na sua pasta Arquivo de Programas; ele não irá funcionar corretamente. SelectDirBrowseLabel=%nLaunchBox é uma aplicação portátil e deve ser instalada em um local com permissões de escrita completas para a sua conta de usuário.%n%nSe você usa Dropbox, Google Drive, ou OneDrive, sugerimos instalá-lo aí.%n%nDe outra forma, sua pasta de usuário (padrão) ou sua pasta de Documentos são boas opções.%n Website=%1 Website Forums=%1 Forums Wiki=%1 Wiki CreateDesktopIcon=Criar &icones no desktop

Jason Carr said Oh, one more thing, @cyanjiang and @AFaustini. If you find any typos or issues in the translations, I'll need to send you a new set of translation files so you can fix the updated ones instead of the old ones. Otherwise, we'll lose the visual placement fixes that I made.
I find 3 typos: On View Menu where is typed Afastr; the correct is Afastar On options dialog>Side bar tab>checkbox Mostrar Item "Todosl"; the correct is Mostrar Item "Todos" On Tools Menu where is typed Selecionar Jogos Aleatório; the correct is Selecionar Jogos Aleatoriamente One sugestion there i have to make translation process easier to mantain is when you create new strings, put this strings here, in this thread, like you did with the new setup dialog.