LaunchBox Community Forums

Translating LaunchBox

Jason Carr

Jason Carr said All, just one more heads-up. Before the 5.0 release there will be a few small release notes that will need translated. If we can't get them in, it's not a huge deal, but hopefully we can. I keep putting off the 5.0 release, but I expect that it should be out in a couple weeks.
Let me know when those release notes are ready, also to translate the new sound options, they will be in the Strings form or the Options form?

Jason Carr said Hey guys, I just put out a new beta with the updated Spanish translation (thanks to @CliveBarker) and the new French translation (thanks to @Klamp). @Klamp, we'll need to review all of the forms to check for overlapping elements, etc. Give it a review if you can and I can fix whatever needs fixed. :)
I'm a bit surprised, I thought you used my translated files. I spent many hours doing this, I hope it wasn't for nothing... Confused

Wattoo said
Jason Carr said Hey guys, I just put out a new beta with the updated Spanish translation (thanks to @CliveBarker) and the new French translation (thanks to @Klamp). @Klamp, we'll need to review all of the forms to check for overlapping elements, etc. Give it a review if you can and I can fix whatever needs fixed. :)
I'm a bit surprised, I thought you used my translated files. I spent many hours doing this, I hope it wasn't for nothing... Confused
Haha, I have nothing to do with the translation Cool Just came back from vacation and you have already done all the work! Let me know if I can help with anything.

Hehehehe. @Klamp and @Wattoo, we'll need to coordinate updates on the French translation so that we're not all updating the files at the same time. I'll hold off on fixing anything until I hear back from you guys. @Klamp, if you want, you can download the latest French translation files here to fix things: http://api.launchbox-app.com/DownloadLanguage.ashx?l=fr-FR Just let us know if you're working on it so we can hold off while you do.

@CliveBarker @cyanjiang @AFaustini @Wattoo Can you guys translate the following text for the setup? Ignore what's to the left of the = sign. InstallingDirectX=Installing/updating Microsoft DirectX... english.depdownload_msg=The following applications are required before setup can continue:%n%n%1%nDownload and install now? english.depdownload_memo_title=Download dependencies english.depinstall_memo_title=Install dependencies english.depinstall_title=Installing dependencies english.depinstall_description=Please wait while Setup installs dependencies on your computer. english.depinstall_status=Installing %1... english.depinstall_missing=%1 must be installed before setup can continue. Please install %1 and run Setup again. english.depinstall_error=An error occured while installing the dependencies. Please restart the computer and run the setup again or install the following dependencies manually:%n

@CliveBarker @cyanjiang @AFaustini @Wattoo Thanks for bearing with me this week guys. I'm planning to launch 5.0 a week from today, and we need to catch up on some setup translations, and we'll need to translate the release notes as well, if possible. @AFaustini, after this beta I'm putting out tonight, there should be no more language changes before 5.0 (at least I'm gonna do my best to make it that way), so now is the time to add the new stuff. @cyanjiang @CliveBarker @Wattoo There have been some minor language additions to LaunchBox since your latest translations. I believe the only additions were to the Strings.resx file, however, so that should hopefully make it easier to catch up, if you can, before the 5.0 release. If not, those features will just show in English until we can get the translation into the next release. Thanks again guys. :)

Also @Wattoo, if you can, these lines from the setup still need translated as well: WelcomeLabel1=Welcome to the [name] Portable Setup Wizard This wizard will install [name/ver] on your computer.%n%nPlease note that LaunchBox is a portable application; the installer will not touch any files outside of the destination folder.%n%nStart menu icons will be created if not deselected in the wizard. ClickNext=Please click Next to continue, or Cancel to exit the wizard. ExitSetupMessage=The setup process has not completed; LaunchBox has not been installed.%n%nYou may run the setup again at another time to complete the installation. Do you wish to exit the setup? LicenseLabel=Please read the following license agreement. LicenseLabel3=You must accept the terms of this agreement before continuing with the installation. SelectDirLabel3=Please do not install LaunchBox into your Program Files folder; it will not function properly. SelectDirBrowseLabel=%nLaunchBox is a portable application and must be installed to a location with full write permissions for your user account.%n%nIf you use Dropbox, Google Drive, or OneDrive, we would suggest installing LaunchBox there.%n%nOtherwise, your user folder (default) or your Documents folder are good options.%n Website=%1 Website Forums=%1 Forums Wiki=%1 Wiki CreateDesktopIcon=Create &desktop icons Thanks!

WelcomeLabel1=Welcome to the [name] Portable Setup Wizard ->Bienvenue dans l'assistant d'installation portable de [name] This wizard will install [name/ver] on your computer.%n%nPlease note that LaunchBox is a portable application; the installer will not touch any files outside of the destination folder.%n%nStart menu icons will be created if not deselected in the wizard. ->Cet assistant installera [name/ver] sur votre ordinateur. %n%nVeuillez noter que LaunchBox est une application portable; l'installateur ne modifiera aucun fichier en dehors du dossier de destination.%nLes icônes du menu Démarrer seront créées si ce n'est pas désélectionné dans l'assistant. ClickNext=Please click Next to continue, or Cancel to exit the wizard. ->Veuillez cliquer sur Suivant pour continuer, ou su Annuler pour quitter l'assistant. ExitSetupMessage=The setup process has not completed; LaunchBox has not been installed.%n%nYou may run the setup again at another time to complete the installation. Do you wish to exit the setup? L'opération d'installation ne s'est pas terminée; LaunchBox n'a pas été installé. %n%nVous pouvez relancer l'installation plus tard pour la terminer. Voulez-vous quitter l'installation ? LicenseLabel=Please read the following license agreement. ->Veuillez lire l'accord de licence suivant. LicenseLabel3=You must accept the terms of this agreement before continuing with the installation. ->Vous devez accepter les termes de cet accord avant de continuer l'installation. SelectDirLabel3=Please do not install LaunchBox into your Program Files folder; it will not function properly. ->Veuillez ne pas installer LaunchBox dans votre dossier Programmes; auquel cas il ne fonctionnera pas correctement. SelectDirBrowseLabel=%nLaunchBox is a portable application and must be installed to a location with full write permissions for your user account.%n%nIf you use Dropbox, Google Drive, or OneDrive, we would suggest installing LaunchBox there.%n%nOtherwise, your user folder (default) or your Documents folder are good options.%n ->LaunchBox est une application portable et doit être installé à un emplacement où votre compte possède tous les droits en écriture. %n%nSi vous utilisez Dropbox, Google Drive ou OneDrive, nous suggérons d'y installer LaunchBox.%n%nAutrement, votre dossier utilisateur (par défaut) ou votre dossier Documents seront de bons choix.%n Website=%1 Website ->%1 Site Web Forums=%1 Forums ->%1 Forums Wiki=%1 Wiki ->%1 Wiki CreateDesktopIcon=Create &desktop icons ->Créer &des icônes sur le bureau

Jason Carr said @CliveBarker @cyanjiang @AFaustini @Wattoo Can you guys translate the following text for the setup? Ignore what's to the left of the = sign. InstallingDirectX=Installing/updating Microsoft DirectX... english.depdownload_msg=The following applications are required before setup can continue:%n%n%1%nDownload and install now? english.depdownload_memo_title=Download dependencies english.depinstall_memo_title=Install dependencies english.depinstall_title=Installing dependencies english.depinstall_description=Please wait while Setup installs dependencies on your computer. english.depinstall_status=Installing %1... english.depinstall_missing=%1 must be installed before setup can continue. Please install %1 and run Setup again. english.depinstall_error=An error occured while installing the dependencies. Please restart the computer and run the setup again or install the following dependencies manually:%n
InstallingDirectX=Instalando/Atualizando Microsoft DirectX... english.depdownload_msg=As seguintes aplicações são necessárias antes do setup continuar:%n%n%1%nBaixar e instalar agora? english.depdownload_memo_title=Baixando dependências english.depinstall_memo_title=Instalar dependências english.depinstall_title=Instalando dependências english.depinstall_description=Aguarde enquanto o Setup instala as dependências em seu computador. english.depinstall_status=Instalando %1... english.depinstall_missing=%1 deve ser instalado antes do setup continuar. Instale %1 e execute o Setup de novo. english.depinstall_error=Um erro ocorreu ao instalar as dependências. Reinicie o computador ou instale as seguintes dependências manualmente:%n

InstallingDirectX=Installing/updating Microsoft DirectX.. ->Installation/Mise à jour de Microsoft DirectX... english.depdownload_msg=The following applications are required before setup can continue:%n%n%1%nDownload and install now? ->Les applications suivantes sont requises avant que l'installation ne continue.%n%n1%nLes télécharger et les installer maintenant ? english.depdownload_memo_title=Download dependencies ->Télécharger les dépendances english.depinstall_memo_title=Install dependencies ->Installer les dépendances english.depinstall_title=Installing dependencies ->Installation des dépendances english.depinstall_description=Please wait while Setup installs dependencies on your computer. ->Veuillez patienter pendant que Setup installe les dépendances sur votre ordinateur. english.depinstall_status=Installing %1... ->Installation de %1... english.depinstall_missing=%1 must be installed before setup can continue. Please install %1 and run Setup again. ->%1 doit être installer avant que Setup ne puisse continuer. Veuillez installer %1 et relances Setup. english.depinstall_error=An error occured while installing the dependencies. Please restart the computer and run the setup again or install the following dependencies manually:%n facebook ->Une erreur s'est produite lors de l'installation des dépendances. Veuillez redémarrer l'ordinateur et relancez Setup ou installez les dépendances suivantes manuellement : %n facebook

Thank you @Wattoo and @AFaustini! :) I have the setup updated with both of your translations. I have LaunchBox updated with @AFaustini's updated translation as well; just put out a new beta. @Wattoo, I'm going to go through the French screens this weekend to fix all of the overlapping issues, links, etc. If you guys get a chance, if you can run through the setup program and review all of the language, that'd be great. Let me know if something isn't correct. Thanks again!

@Wattoo, just went through all the screens for the French translation and fixed the visual issues. It's looking pretty good; a new beta is out. :) I did notice that the AddEditPlatformForm still needs translated, and there's probably some new entries in the Strings file that need translated as well, since this was added after your translation. Thanks! :)