LaunchBox Community Forums

Translating LaunchBox

Jason Carr

Thanks all; I have all translations updated for the next beta to be out later today. @Bardock, I just realized that we haven't yet translated the rest of the release notes parts for the Dutch translation. Any chance you can translate the below? :)

Welcome to LaunchBox RELEASEVERSION!

Here are the biggest changes for this release:

See the changelog under the Help menu for more.

If you appreciate LaunchBox, please Like us on Facebook and help us spread the word!

THIS IS AN UNOFFICIAL BETA RELEASE.

Please do not distribute this version of LaunchBox, as it is not an official release and could be broken.

See the changelog under the Help menu for further details on the changes for this release.

Please report all issues that you run into using the Report Issue option under the Help menu.

Thanks for using LaunchBox! To get started, you can:

Install or Import MS-DOS games
Import your games from Steam
Import your ROM collection
See what LaunchBox can do

View the changelog under the Help menu for details on the latest version.

Support LaunchBox!

The Dutch translation :)

Welkom bij LaunchBox UITGAVE VERSIE!

Hier zijn de grootste veranderingen voor deze uitgave:

Zie de veranderingen logboek in het menu Help voor meer.

Als je LaunchBox waardeert, Like ons dan a.u.b. op Facebook en help ons het woord te verspreiden!

DIT IS EEN ONOFFICIELE BETA UITGAVE.

Gelieve deze versie van LaunchBox niet verspreiden, want het is een niet officiële uitgave en kon problemen bevaten.

Zie de veranderingen logboek in het menu Help voor meer details over deze uitgave.

Meld alle problemen die je tegenkomt met de Reporteer Problemen optie onder het menu Help.

Bedankt voor het gebruiken van LaunchBox! Om te beginnen, kun je:

Installeer of Importeer MS-DOS games
Importeer je games van Steam
Importeer je ROM collectie
Zie wat LaunchBox kan doen

Bekijk de veranderingen logboek onder het menu Help voor meer informatie over de nieuwste versie.

Support LaunchBox!

• Like 1

Thank you @Bardock! I've pushed the official release out until Monday guys in order to make sure it's 100% stable. Also, I've committed the cardinal sin, and I'm sorry for that. I added a new dialog after sending everyone stuff to translate (the manual combine games process was too confusing so I added a dialog called RootGameForm to allow the user to select which game to use as the root game). Translation packages have been updated with this new form. If you guys can get it translated before Monday, that'd be awesome. Otherwise, we'll just run with what we got. :)

Thanks again guys.

• Like 2

The german translation to prioritize EmuMovies over LBGD/Wiki, while importing games, is still wrong.

It´s still saying: "Grafiken von der LaunchBox Games Database und Wikipedia priorisieren" = Prioritize LBGB/Wiki

instead of: "Grafiken von EmuMovies priorisieren" = Prioritize EmuMovies

Once again. this problem is home made. The english sentence sux, what makes the translated sentences suck also.

"Prioritize Media over LaunchBox Games Databes and Wikipedia"

instead of

"Prioritize EmuMovies Media"?

Now tell me, which sentences propably causes prpable translation problems?

I wouldn´t be so mad abot it, if it was a non critical sentence. But downloading GigaBytes of media only to see you downloaded the wrong stuff drives me crazy.

Can´t you just change the english source sentence to resolve this anoying problem once and for all?

Sorry for beeing mad about this.

And thanks for your otherwise great work.

Hello @RemagOrter

i'm sorry for that, i guess Jason didn't see the update i posted back then and i didn't check that dialog again after that. My bad.

But you have to know that the translations are made by community members in their free time. And sometimes we need to translate without context, so there easily can be mistakes.

@Jason Carr I attached the updated files, i'm not sure if you can update it or i need to change it in the next release. Just let me know.

Language-de-DE 7.7 final 3.rar

Whoops. Sorry for that, guys. Yes, I'll get that updated for the next beta. That said, yes, we really need to be civil here; the translators are donating their time and are doing a wonderful job. They are so much appreciated and I will not tolerate further negativity of any kind against their work.

17 hours ago, Opaklopper said:

Hello @RemagOrter

i'm sorry for that, i guess Jason didn't see the update i posted back then and i didn't check that dialog again after that. My bad.

But you have to know that the translations are made by community members in their free time. And sometimes we need to translate without context, so there easily can be mistakes.

@Jason Carr I attached the updated files, i'm not sure if you can update it or i need to change it in the next release. Just let me know.

Language-de-DE 7.7 final 3.rar

5 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Whoops. Sorry for that, guys. Yes, I'll get that updated for the next beta. That said, yes, we really need to be civil here; the translators are donating their time and are doing a wonderful job. They are so much appreciated and I will not tolerate further negativity of any kind against their work.

Both of you got me totally wrong: I was mad about the frustrating situation NOT ABOUT YOUR WORK!!!

And by the way, i know what translating software means. I translated several tools myself. Even if my fluent english and grammar sux, if it comes to accurate translation, i can be "almost" perfect like "Opaklopper" (Wirklich gute Arbeit bisher. Und du kannst ja nichts für hochgestochene englishe formulierungen, die einem die Übersetzung schwer machen.). So a big "THANK YOU" to the community spending their time and nerves to translate this masterpiece!  But this is not the matter.

Jason. Please point at the sentence where i was negative against your community next time. I´m consused.

Nothing in this post is meant negative eighter, just in case you read something beneath the lines. If so, please point at it so i can learn out of it.

Maybe i should let you know about my autism, sometimes people are alot kinder when they know about it (sometimes not).

Anyway, thanks for your time friends.

Edited by RemagOrter
forgot a sentence
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

the translators are donating their time and are doing a wonderful job. They are so much appreciated

Thank you Jason. I believe that we are all doing our best.
We are only volunteers, we're doing this job because we love LaunchBox and we're believing in its future.
My English is far from being fluent, but I hope my job is satisfactory enough to bring French speaking users who are not comfortable with English a good experience using LB and BB.
Maybe it would be a good idea to credit the translators in the "about" menu.

• Like 4

@Izegod Sorry i didn't see your post yesterday. I made the german translation. You are totally right, "Ansichten" is the correct translation for this one. I will fix it in the next release, i don't want to flood Jason with another update. But as i mentioned in my last post, we are often translating without context, and in another context "Aufrufe" could also be right. For example page views are translated to "Aufrufe". But thank you for helping improving the translation, there's nothing worse than bad translations and i try my best. If you find any other mistakes just @mention me so i don't miss it.

@RemagOrter Don't worry, i didn't see that as an offense, it's just the way you said things. It sounds a little bit impolite if you say things like "this sux and that sucks". But everything's fine.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Opak said:

@Izegod Sorry i didn't see your post yesterday. I made the german translation. You are totally right, "Ansichten" is the correct translation for this one. I will fix it in the next release, i don't want to flood Jason with another update. But as i mentioned in my last post, we are often translating without context, and in another context "Aufrufe" could also be right. For example page views are translated to "Aufrufe". But thank you for helping improving the translation, there's nothing worse than bad translations and i try my best. If you find any other mistakes just @mention me so i don't miss it.

@RemagOrter Don't worry, i didn't see that as an offense, it's just the way you said things. It sounds a little bit impolite if you say things like "this sux and that sucks". But everything's fine.

Danke für dein Verständniss Opaklopper. Sozialkompetenz ist ein Buch mit sieben Siegeln für mich als leicht autistischen Misanthrop.

Aber du hast natürlich recht. Jetzt erkenne ich es auch. Ich hätte besser bei meinen üblichen Formulierungen bleiben, und solchen "slang" vermeiden sollen. Ich versuche dadurch manchmal etwas menschlicher zu wirken.

In Zukunft werde ich meine Posts nocheinmal gegenlesen und das ein oder andere Smiley einbauen, um solch einem Missverständniss vorzubeugen und freundlicher zu wirken. :)

Noch einmal zum Verständniss: Auch wenn ich mich mal unhöflich ausdrücke, ist es nie böse gemeint. Ich weiß es einfach nicht besser und verstehe keinen Subtext.

Ich möchte bloß behilflich sein, da ich mich in dieses (noch) Frontend verliebt habe. :)

Danke nochmal,

Retro Gamer.

EDIT

Kannst du den anderen bitte meine Situation erklären? Ich weis nicht ob ich mich im Englischen akurat erklären kann. Ich würde es vermutlich nur versaubeuteln. :)

Danke

Edited by RemagOrter
  • Like 1