LaunchBox Community Forums

Translating LaunchBox

Jason Carr

4 minutes ago, Bardock said:

I did replace the text, from English to Dutch.

So if I understand it correctly. "Just to take a file." The AboutForm.resx is the original, and I need to write in the AboutForm.nl-NL.resx?

Exactly. What you'll want to do is open up each set of files separately. So for example, you would open up these two files at once in Zeta:

AboutForm.resx
AboutForm.nl-NL.resx

Then Zeta will put both languages next to each other to make it easy to translate. It's also important to only open up one set of files at a time (instead of all of them at once), because that will cause conflicts as well.

Since you already have the translated text in the original files, I think it'll just be a matter of copying that text over to the other file. When you do it in Zeta, it should only copy over the actual text parts and not all the metadata that way, which should fix the issue (it'll just be annoying to copy each field over as I don't think there's a way to copy them all at once).

Thanks again Bardock.

12 minutes ago, Bardock said:

I did replace the text, from English to Dutch.

So if I understand it correctly. "Just to take a file." The AboutForm.resx is the original, and I need to write in the AboutForm.nl-NL.resx?

Thank you @dukeemu; I keep forgetting to regenerate those new files. I'll get the translation updated! :)

• Like 1

On 17.1.2017 at 0:37 AM, Jason Carr said:

New auditing tool has been added to help manage games and media
Big Box now remembers the last game for every platform and the last platform used
Big Box performance has been significantly increased while using VLC

Neues Überprüfungs-Tool wurde hinzugefügt um Spiele und Medien zu verwalten

Big Box merkt sich jetzt das zuletzt gespielte Spiel und die zuletzt verwendete Plattform

Performanceverbesserung von Big Box wenn VLC Player verwendet wird

Language-de-DE 7.4.rar

Edited by Opaklopper
Attachment
  • Like 1

On 1/16/2017 at 5:37 PM, Jason Carr said:

New auditing tool has been added to help manage games and media
Big Box now remembers the last game for every platform and the last platform used
Big Box performance has been significantly increased while using VLC

Una nueva herramienta de auditoría ha sido agregada para administrar juegos y multimedia
Big Box ahora recuerda el último juego para cada plataforma y la plataforma utilizada recientemente
El rendimiento de Big Box al utilizar VLC ha sido incrementado significativamente

7.5 Spa

Alright, new beta is up with the Spanish translation updates and the new nl-NL translation.

@Bardock, I haven't done a lot of testing, but things are looking decent. I'm sure there's plenty of things to fix, however. Since we're putting out the next official release tomorrow, we may want to disable the nl-NL translation temporarily until we get all the little bugs with it fixed. For example, I need to go through and resize controls where needed to make things fit, and I won't be able to do that until after the release, unfortunately.

Also, any testing you can do to identify where issues are would be appreciated. If you make any updates, going forward, make sure you download the latest translation package first. That will ensure that we're not stepping on each other's toes. Thanks! :)

• Like 1

Hi @Bardock; looking to fix those strings. As far as the image types, we've not been translating those because they're associated with non-translated folders in the file system, and the games database (which I know isn't ideal but that's where we're at currently).

Per Tools > Edit Default DOSBox Configuration, what are you seeing that's untranslated? Both the menu item and the dialog that comes up seem to be properly translated for me.

Same for Tools > Options > Images. Are these issues fixed for you in beta 2?

Hi Jason: I took some screenshot's that is the easiest way to show you I think. :)

For the Tools > Edit Default > DOSBox Configuration, all the scroll down menu's are still in English.

And under Tools > options > Image Types; all the Image type's, but that is probably the same reason as the View > Image Types?

I am running the last beta 2 btw!

DOSBox Config.JPG

Options.JPG

Options 2.JPG