LaunchBox Community Forums

Translating LaunchBox

Jason Carr

Jason, I am getting crashes in the last beta due to an issue with VLC video playback. This happens in both LaunchBox and BigBox, though when the crash happens in LaunchBox I am able to to continue, whereas BigBox closes as soon as I close the error. The LaunchBox error occurs when I click on the video to play in the details bar (I have it set to not auto play videos). This is on a low powered 32bit windows 10 machine with LaunchBox running off an external hard drive, but I know that it works fine on my desktop 64bit Windows 10 machine. LaunchBox Error error.PNG BigBox Error Error-BB.PNG

Sorry, meant to put this in the beta thread, had a brain fart! I don't use this machine much, but I do remember having a similar crash on one of the previous betas a few days ago, meant to report it at the time but waited to see if it was fixed in the next beta. I don't think I ever tried to play a video on any of the releases before that.

Thank you @Wattoo and @CliveBarker, I have the updated translations in 5.10-beta-4, which I just put out. Unfortunately I had to replace the controller AutoHotkey stuff due to further issues there (see the beta testing thread), so unfortunately there are once again more language changes. My apologies for the piece mailing. Up to you guys whether you want to update the translations again before the 5.10 official. It should just be the Strings and OptionsForm files that were changed. Thanks!

AFaustini said I was away from here, for some time. But now, i'm back. When i should update brazillian portuguese translations?
Update it as soon as you are available to translate. We still realize that we are relying on our translators donated time, so when you are ready.

@Jason Carr Hi, regarding the changes to the Strings and Options form it only seems to be some English text that is not there anymore (Autohotkey related) but the Spanish text is still there. so: Do I need to delete the Spanish text of those? Here is a screenshot for context: http://i.imgur.com/VEhtFFb.png

Hi Clive, there were a few things that were deleted and replaced with new fields. So it makes sense that the English pieces for those would indeed no longer be there, and in this case you can go ahead and delete the Spanish translation. However, there should be some new fields as well. For example, there should be an "automationTabPage.Text" or maybe a "controllerAutomationTabPage.Text" field in there as well that is new and needs translated. Do you not see any of those new fields?

New beta is out with the Brazilian Portuguese translation update. I think we're pretty much ready for the official release. @AFaustini, can you translate these release notes? Thanks! Also, @CliveBarker and @Wattoo, the last line is a new one so if you guys can translate just that last line, that'd be awesome. Thank you all! Here are the biggest changes for the latest releases: - New optional VLC video playback engine - 7-zip, RAR, and Zip archive support for ROMs - XInput support for controllers - My Collection syncing to the cloud - Significant improvements to the MAME importer

Jason Carr said Also, @CliveBarker and @Wattoo, the last line is a new one so if you guys can translate just that last line, that'd be awesome. Thank you all!
Significant improvements to the MAME importer : Améliorations notables de l'importateur MAME

- New optional VLC video playback engine - Novo motor de video, opcional, VLC - 7-zip, RAR, and Zip archive support for ROMs - Suporte a roms compactadas em 7-zip, RAR e Zip - XInput support for controllers - Suporte a XInput para controles - My Collection syncing to the cloud - Sincronização na nuvem para Minha Coleção - Significant improvements to the MAME importer - Melhorias significativas para o importador do MAME