LaunchBox Community Forums

Daemon Tools and SSF: How to auto-mount and auto-unmount.

ps4isthefuture

Please read carefully and follow the photos provided below. I attempted to make this walk through for people who are a bit new to LB, emulators, and Daemon Tools. If anyone finds an easier way feel free to let us know. The following setup will save you a ton of time when adding your Sega Saturn collection to LB. 1. Select the Emulation tab. 2. Tick the box - Use an emulator to play this game 3. Click Add... SSF-1.png 4. Make an entry in the Emulator Name box, whatever you want to call it. 5. In the Emulator Application Path box enter the full path to your DTAgent.exe file. 6. In the Default Command-Line Parameters box enter the following (that is a number zero at the end): -mount dt, 0, 7. Tick the box labeled "No space before ROM (primarily for NullDC)" 8. Click OK. SSF-2.png 9. Select the Additional Apps tab. 10. Click Add Application... SSF-3.png 11. Open Note Pad, look at the photo below and copy the code (please replace the exe path with your own exe path). Go to file and select save as, I named mine SSF, then save the file to the same directory as the SSF.exe file. After you save it, close Note Pad, then go to your .txt file you just saved. Rename the SSF.txt to SSF.bat, just say ok to the warning windows throws at you. SSF-4.png 12. Return to LB on the Add Application wizard, in the Application Name box make any name you like. 13. Application Path box enter the path to the SSF.bat file you just made. 14. Tick the box "Automatically Run After Main Application" 15. Click OK SSF-5.png 16. Now you are back in the main edit window, Click OK Note: You can see by the date and time on my last played and last modified that I have just tested this setup before writing this walk through. SSF-6.png

ps4isthefuture said Jason, Is there any plan to add the Additional Application setup to the Bulk Editing Wizard? Or possibly I missed it. Otherwise if someone has a large collection they will have to add each Additional App to each game individually. Thanks.
+1

• 2 months later...
Thanks for the guide @ps4isthefuture, I've changed the relevant paths to 'C:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools Lite\DTAgent.exe' (I've also tried DTLite.exe) - but it's not mounting the image for some reason, do you have any idea what the problem could be? I only have the free version, could that be the issue? I also tried the codes suggested here: https://www.launchbox-app.com/forum/emulation/trouble-with-yabause-through-launch-box, but have yet to get an image to mount through a bat file :( *EDIT* Fixed by reverting back to a previous version of Daemon Tools (https://www.launchbox-app.com/forum/features/using-daemon-tools-through-launchbox/page-2#p6542)

DOS76 said I know that Windows 8, 8.1 and 10 all have a virtual drive but SSF doesn't detect them.
Does that mean that I am in a bit of a pickle then? As I said when I attempted to install D.T it crashed my computer which is why I have gone with a VCD. Is this something that can be looked into so that LB can support other mounting programs?

You would have to go into SSF and hit the Drive drop down menu if your Virtual drive is listed there than you don't have anything to worry about. Which version of Daemon Tools are you trying to use and on which version of Windows. Have you tried running it in compatibility mode (not sure if it will change anything but you never know).

• 2 months later...
I use DTLite.exe for my games. It is a little convoluted on getting them to work right some use a .bat which I have personally had very little success with. I used to make two additional apps for each game Mount and Unmount now I just set up Daemon Tools as the emulator make an additional app to Launch SSF after the image is loaded. In order to get this to work though you have to do a bulk edit on all the Saturn games and set the emulator value to blank if the emulator is still checked the game won't start.

RA is indeed much easier and error free. However, the core is Yabause instead of SSF. There is no RA SSF core. And SSF is a superior emulator, at least from my experience. Still, Yabause is good enough, plus you get the RA shaders with it so i think it's a worthy alternative if you don't want to go through all that mess.

• 3 weeks later...
Ok with Daemon Tools you can set the saturn games to have no emulator if you have Daemon Tools set as the default app to handle .cue files then when you click on one of the games with out the emulator it will mount the disk if you have automount checked in the Daemon Tools settings. Then for each game you have to set an additional app to run SSF after so you mount the disk and then SSF runs and starts the game. So for Alcohol I would assume that the same method would work if the program supports auto mount and it is associated with your .cue files. There is another method where you use additional apps to mount the game before you run ssf and then unmount the game afterwards but it is so much more work than the other method and involves making 2 additional apps. in Daemon the mount app is -mount dt, 0, "File\Path\To\Game" Like -mount dt, 0, "E:\Emulators\Sega\Sega Saturn\ROMs\Astal\Astal.cue" (with the quotes) unmount is -unmount_all so if you know the command to automount mount and unmount Alcohol you could replace it with that

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks everyone... I finally got this working. Absolutely could not get it to work with Alcohol 120, so I finally switched to that older version of DT that someone linked to, above. Post 17 cleared up the last of the problems I was having. Thanks again... nice to be able to open SSF with a game mounted this easily.