LaunchBox Community Forums

Emumovies questions

DOS76

I just added my Emumovie account to LaunchBox and then update a few games but I see that I don't get any videos when I download from there is this normal. Also I then downloaded a video and added it then when I went to BigBox and opened the game I noticed that there was a Stop Video option but no video was showing when I use the stop video option then a still image appears when I hit play video it goes blank again.

DOS76 said Its because I disabled Windows Media Player isn't it.
Off topic, but I once disabled WMP (because its awful and I use Foobar) and then I installed some EA games, like FIFA, they all were unable to even start because the intros required WMP to be enabled, its awful when they force you to use that crap.

I've never really had any issues with WMP except that there was no 4:3 stretching option but since I started using XBMC and then Plex Home Theater I have very little reason to use WMP. Plus when I do just play something from my file explorer I just usually use the new Movies and TV app which does feature aspect ratio settings. The only reason I had removed it was when using Daemon Tools with Sega Saturn files it would load the games and auto run them as audio CDs while at the same time launching SSF. Doing so fixed my issue and the behavior stopped luckly when I re-enabled it today the issue didn't return.

• 2 years later...
On 27/12/2015 at 4:27 AM, Jason Carr said:

Thanks guys. Hit me up with feedback on the EmuMovies stuff. Looking for as much testing/feedback as I can get on that before the public release.

@Jason Carr Because our policy on naming and the way that launchbox works, many data of emumovies is not downloaded. Launchbox must use the alternate naming lists when it failed on find a game, we are adding hyperspin names as alternates to manage this issue but launchbox still doesn't make use of them. I know that i'm tiresome with this issue, but if we want that launchbox does scrapping perfectly without missings on detections we need to use the alternate naming. Tags for tipical naming policies like goodsnes or hyperlist and a recursive use of them if the first one (sorting title) fails is mandatory.

12 minutes ago, Freestate said:

Tags for tipical naming policies like goodsnes or hyperlist and a recursive use of them if the first one (sorting title) fails is mandatory.

Thing is I don't think those are typical naming policy's are they? goodsnes I have never heard of, and hyperlist is for a different frontend right? One that is much more strict on naming than Launchbox, by there own design. which also makes it more difficult for more casual users to get there games matched up. Not everyone will have exactly correct named roms is what im getting at, but they should still match up with data in the database, unless they are really weirdly named.

33 minutes ago, Freestate said:

@Jason Carr Because our policy on naming and the way that launchbox works, many data of emumovies is not downloaded. Launchbox must use the alternate naming lists when it failed on find a game, we are adding hyperspin names as alternates to manage this issue but launchbox still doesn't make use of them. I know that i'm tiresome with this issue, but if we want that launchbox does scrapping perfectly without missings on detections we need to use the alternate naming. Tags for tipical naming policies like goodsnes or hyperlist and a recursive use of them if the first one (sorting title) fails is mandatory.

Some of the EmuMovies issues you speak of are due to the API, which unfortunately sometimes still has issues even with the right names. LaunchBox *does* use alternate titles correctly. However, in some cases the EmuMovies API doesn't.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Charco said:

Are the alternate names from Retro Achievements also used? I've had to manually rename a few games for cheevos to populate in LB.

All alternate names should be used when searching, and used when matching games for retro achievements. I'm gonna dive into the code here to confirm all that and make sure there's not any bugs, but that's how it's implemented. :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Some of the EmuMovies issues you speak of are due to the API, which unfortunately sometimes still has issues even with the right names. LaunchBox *does* use alternate titles correctly. However, in some cases the EmuMovies API doesn't.

Can you explain this in more detail please? Are you saying that launchbox effectively uses alternative names to search for matches in emumovies? And that is emumovies that is failing even if the search is done using a typical name of their policy (hyperlist for example). Can you explain exactly how it works and if it would be necessary for us to add more alternative names because possibly those that fail do not have the equivalent name of emumovies?

@Jason CarrAnd first of all, my apologies if I am very insistent with this. I am very committed to the launchbox database and I have made thousands of contributions to both art and names and I feel helpless when there is still a lot of manual work to do to have the perfect collection. I would like that any user who imported a typical romset had almost nothing to do. I know it's a very ambitious goal and that we can boast you a lot, but your program and the community are wonderful :)

I could give you an example of failing match on the snes games list, This list contains all games that have video snaps on emumovies but launchbox fails on downloading info and videos.

An American Tail: Fievel Goes West
Arabian Nights: Sabaku no Seirei-ou
Araiguma Rascal: Raccoon Rascal
Battle Dodgeball
Battle Dodgeball II
Battletoads Double Dragon
Bike Daisuki! Hashiriya Kon: Rider's Spirits
Bishin Densetsu Zoku: The Legend of Bishin
Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Sailor Stars: Fuwa Fuwa Panic 2
Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Super S: Fuwa Fuwa Panic
Brett Hull Hockey 95
Captain Tsubasa IV: Pro no Rival Tachi
College Football USA 97
Corn Buster
Crayon Shin Chan: Nagagutsu Dobon
Crayon Shin-Chan 2: Dai Maou no Gyakushu
Derby Jockey: Kishu Ou he no Michi
Doom Troopers: Mutant Chronicles
DoReMi Fantasy: Milon no DokiDoki Daibouken
Dragon Ball Z: Super Goku Den - Kakusei-Hen
Dragon Ball Z: Super Goku Den - Totsugeki-Hen
Dragon Quest I.II
Edo no Kiba
F-1 Grand Prix Part III
Fighter's History: Mizoguchi Kiki Ippatsu!!
From TV Animation Slam Dunk: Yonkyo Taiketsu!!
Ganbare Goemon 3: Shishi Juuroku Hyoue no Karakuri Manjigatame
Ganbare Goemon: Kirakira Douchuu - Boku ga Dancer ni Natta Riyuu
Ganbare! Daiku no Gen-san
GeGeGe No Kitarou: Youkai Donjaara
Gekisou Sentai Carranger: Zenkai! Racer Senshi!
Genjuu Ryodan
Gerry Anderson's Thunderbirds: Kokusai Kyuujotai Juudou Seyo!!
Gourmet Sentai: Bara Yarou
Hatayama Hacchi no Pro Yakyuu News! Jitsumeiban
Hiouden: Mamonotachi to no Chikai
Hokuto no Ken 6: Gekitou Denshouken - Haou Heno Michi
Honoo no Doukyuuji: Dodge Danpei
International Sensible Soccer: World Champions
Ippatsu Gyakuten!! Keiba Keirin Kyoutei
James Pond 3 - Operation Starfish
Kaizou Choujin Shubibinman Zero
Lobo
Lodoss Tou Senki
Makeruna! Makendou 2: Kimero! Youkai Souridajin
Mario & Wario
Mario's Early Years: Fun with Letters
Mario's Early Years: Preschool Fun
Might and Magic II
Mr. Tuff
Muhammad Ali Heavyweight Boxing
New Yatterman: Nan Dai Kan Dai Yajirobee
Newman/Haas IndyCar Featuring Nigel Mansell
NHL 95
NHL 96
NHL 97
NHL 98
NHLPA Hockey 93
Pebble Beach no Hatou: New Tournament Edition
Phalanx
Poko-Nyan!: Henpokorin Adventure
Prime
Princess Minerva
Q*bert 3
Radical Psycho Machine Racing
Ranma 1/2: Ougi Jaanken
SD Gundam G Next
SD Gundam Generations (A) 1 Nen Sensouki
SD Gundam Generations (B) Guripus Senki
SD Gundam Generations (C) Axiz Senki
SD Gundam Generations (D) Babironia Kenkoku Senki
SD Gundam Generations (E) Zansukaru Senki
SD Gundam Generations (F) Colony Kakutouki
SD Kidou Senshi Gundam 2
SD Ultra Battle: Seven & Ultraman
Shadowhawk
Shiroi Ringu he: Twinkle Little Star
SimCity 2000: The Ultimate City Simulator
Space Invaders
Steven Seagal is The Final Option
Super Drift Out
Super Formation Soccer 94 World Cup Edition
Super Koukou Yakyuu: Ikkyuu Nyuukon
Super Nazo Puyo Tsuu: Rulue no Tetsuwan Hanjyouki
Super Puyo Puyo 2
Super Puyo Puyo 2: Remix
Super V.G: Variable Geo
Sylvester and Tweety
The Addams Family: Pugsley's Scavenger Hunt
The Amazing Spider-Man: Lethal Foes
The Duel: Test Drive II
The Flintstones: The Treasure of Sierra Madrock
The Great Battle Gaiden 2: Matsuri da Wasshoi
The Great Battle II: Last Fighter Twin
The Ren & Stimpy Show: Buckeroo$!
The Ren & Stimpy Show: Fire Dogs
The Ren & Stimpy Show: Time Warp
The Ren & Stimpy Show: Veediots!
The Simpsons: Bart's Nightmare
Wizardry I-II-III: The Story of Llylgamyn
Yuu Yuu Hakusho
Yuu Yuu Hakusho 2: Kakutou no Shou
Yuu Yuu Hakusho Final: Makai Saikyou Retsuden
Yuu Yuu Hakusho: Tokubetsu Hen
Zen-Nihon Pro Wrestling: Fight da Pon!
Zero4 Champ RR-Z

Please check it, and if it is caused by missing emumovies namings in the database and not the api, i will add them after.

Edited by Freestate