LaunchBox Community Forums

Big Box background music

destructor_rph

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
On 10/16/2017 at 11:30 PM, Markos28 said:

Is it possible to have background music playing in all menus but in game list and game detail menu? So when you get into game list menu bg music stops playing. Thanks!

This is something I'd be really interested in something like this as well, I'd like to be able to have Background Music playing on everything without it's own .mp3 or video associated with it. It seems for now when I enable Background Music it takes priority over game music and videos but I may still be configuring it incorrectly

1 minute ago, Abwezi said:

This is something I'd be really interested in something like this as well, I'd like to be able to have Background Music playing on everything without it's own .mp3 or video associated with it. It seems for now when I enable Background Music it takes priority over game music and videos but I may still be configuring it incorrectly

Yeah it would be nice to have option under game list,  like for example... play bg music in game list, so when its checked bg music would play and when its not it wouldn't. Not sure if that's possible to do, but would be nice indeed.

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Styphelus said:

Is there a setting that controls the volume of background music? What I've done is manually lower the decibels on my mp3 files with MP3Gain so it plays faintly in the background and I can still hear the game videos over top of it.

Screenshot (19).png

• 10 months later...
23 hours ago, ZackWatson said:

hey, pretty new to the system, would someone be able to tell me exactly how and where i put an mp3 file to play in the background of bigbox. thanks. :)

Just open the folder your Launchbox.exe is in and you will see a dedicated music folder. In it will be subfolders for platforms and background.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/7/2021 at 11:31 AM, Shannon said:

Hello.  Just got BigBox and Launchbox.  In another post I see if you go to the folder Launchbox is in you can add background music. But I dont see this folder.  Please help.  thank you

Sorry for the late reply. You can create these folders: LaunchBox\Music\Background and then put your background music files there. :)