LaunchBox Community Forums

LEDBlinky Support

Jason Carr

On 2/29/2020 at 3:10 PM, arzoo said:

The latest version of LEDBlinky (7.0.4) includes an option to resolve the issue where LB/BB sends the GameQuit command immediately after starting a game which causes LEDBlinky to revert back to the front-end configuration while the game is still active. The workaround basically allows any emulator to be configured (using the Controls Editor) to ignore all GameQuit commands. The net effect is that LEDBlinky remains in the executing game configuration, and will continue to do so until any command other than GameQuit is received. When returning to the front-end, the game configuration will remain active until another event occurs (list scroll or change for example). It's not a perfect solution, but much easier to implement than using an AHK script or other methods.

Hello Arzoo, it's been a couple years since using your app.. Finally got my whole system transferred over from Hyperspin to BB. I have 2 questions.. I still have LED blinky 6.5, to upgrade to latest just drop system and exe files into existing folder? Also back in the HS days we had to rename any MAME collections with the word MAME in it for LED blinky to see the button configs. (Atari Classics MAME, Capcom Classics MAME, etc...) Is this still required?

1 hour ago, drewjbx said:

Hello Arzoo, it's been a couple years since using your app.. Finally got my whole system transferred over from Hyperspin to BB. I have 2 questions.. I still have LED blinky 6.5, to upgrade to latest just drop system and exe files into existing folder? Also back in the HS days we had to rename any MAME collections with the word MAME in it for LED blinky to see the button configs. (Atari Classics MAME, Capcom Classics MAME, etc...) Is this still required?

Hi, the latest version of LEDBlinky uses a more standard installation package, just make sure you point it to your current LEDBlinky folder. Although you can still rename mame collections to include "mame" in the name, it's no longer necessary; using the Controls Editor you can edit each emulator and set the "Emulator Is MAME" option.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, angerman said:

hi Arzoo is there any way to set the start 1 player and 2 players buttons that they start blinking when I'm insert the coins ???  

regerds 

Piotr

On the LEDBlinky Configuration Game Options tab, you can enable "Flash Player Start with Credits" option. But keep in mind this is a function of the ROM (not LEDBlinky), and only works for a select few MAME games, mostly older classics like Asteroids or Dig Dug.

8 hours ago, arzoo said:

On the LEDBlinky Configuration Game Options tab, you can enable "Flash Player Start with Credits" option. But keep in mind this is a function of the ROM (not LEDBlinky), and only works for a select few MAME games, mostly older classics like Asteroids or Dig Dug.

working !!!!!  love that option !!!! just need to change mame ini file like in the tip in ledblinky

it's a shame that most games don't have that option....

thank you 

Edited by angerman

15 hours ago, arzoo said:

Hi, the latest version of LEDBlinky uses a more standard installation package, just make sure you point it to your current LEDBlinky folder. Although you can still rename mame collections to include "mame" in the name, it's no longer necessary; using the Controls Editor you can edit each emulator and set the "Emulator Is MAME" option.

Perfect.. thankyou!

18 minutes ago, angerman said:

Arzoo ...I can't find how to animate lights with game sounds ??? if you can help ?! 

thanks

You'll need to set the Game Play Animation (Game Options tab) to <Audio Animation> and then use the Audio Animation tab to configure exactly how it should work.

5 hours ago, angerman said:

game play its done but I do not know what to do next ...nothing workink............help pls...

All I can suggest is to try different values and use the test button to see how it works. The manual explains every option.

What is not working?

Edited by arzoo

21 minutes ago, angerman said:

I tried diferent option ....nothing happen , only game buttons are lit....

From the audio tab in the config app, if you play some music on your pc and then click the Test button, do you see any audio activity on the display? Do you see any buttons lighting up?

Or are you having problems when running LEDBlinky from LaunchBox? If that's the case, then I'll need you to turn on the Debug Log option (Misc options tab), run LB and a few games, then email me the debug.zip or debug.log file.

Just now, arzoo said:

From the audio tab in the config app, if you play some music on your pc and then click the Test button, do you see any audio activity on the display? Do you see any buttons lighting up?

Or are you having problems when running LEDBlinky from LaunchBox? If that's the case, then I'll need you to turn on the Debug Log option (Misc options tab), run LB and a few games, then email me the debug.zip or debug.log file.

no I don't have problems with ledblinky in launchbox ,  no activity on the display ....no audio detected !!

27 minutes ago, angerman said:

I looked at that link a few minutes ago....

and this what I have now ...but I tried diferent options.......

Do you have the "Stereo Mix" option available under the Audio Device drop-down? That's the value you need to select. If you've followed the steps in the support link and still don't have Stereo Mix available, you may need to upgrade your audio drivers or install a sound card rather than use the motherboard audio drivers.

Edited by arzoo

44 minutes ago, angerman said:

You are right ..... i have clear version of win 10 .... and microsoft drivers ........... got realtek drivers  and stereo mix option has appeared , everything is working perfect now... thank you for ur time ......thank u very much !!!!!

Excellent, glad you got it working!

• 3 months later...

I am struggling for Windows games. Just a plain old exe file. In launchbox no emulator is selected and ledblinkys log file shows emulator tiger_woods_pga_tour_08, then follows up with no rom selected. What do I do here?

Trying to light game controls.

Edited by Shermer321