LaunchBox Community Forums

LEDBlinky Support

Jason Carr

19 hours ago, Shermer321 said:

I am struggling for Windows games. Just a plain old exe file. In launchbox no emulator is selected and ledblinkys log file shows emulator tiger_woods_pga_tour_08, then follows up with no rom selected. What do I do here?

Trying to light game controls.

From the Controls Editor, select the Import Unknown Games menu option. You should see "tiger_woods_pga_tour_08". Select and create a default control group for that emulator. Then manually add all the controls and the associated input codes. That should do the trick.

After messing around last night I got it to work. For some reason the game showed up as only an emulator and the log file said no rom detected. But after opening LaunchBox instead of BigBox it finally changed windows as the emulator and the game as the ROM. Working like a champ now.

11 minutes ago, Shermer321 said:

After messing around last night I got it to work. For some reason the game showed up as only an emulator and the log file said no rom detected. But after opening LaunchBox instead of BigBox it finally changed windows as the emulator and the game as the ROM. Working like a champ now.

?

• 3 months later...
Anyone know how to deal with this?
I am 100% at my wits end here. I am trying to run Rocketblinky to finish my LEDBlinky setup (I have done all the other parts and its all working fine).
No matter what I do I get the application cannot start MSVCR100 error. I have done all the steps I have found online to address the issue and none have worked (this included copying over new msvcr files, full windows updates, reinstall Visual C++, reinstall .net framework etc). Ran chkdsk as well.
I also went as far as doing a 100% complete brand new fresh install of Windows 10 Pro (fully updated and ran .net framework install and V++ as well). I still get the same error on a brand new install.
I am at a complete and total loss. Rocketblinky creator has no idea what the issue is either.

***EDIT this has been solved.  For anyone else who experiences this issue the fix was the following.  Delete the Visual C++ 2010 x64 pack AND the Visual C++ 2010 x86 pack.  Download and reinstall BOTH of these - they are 2 separate installs.  Once I did that it fixed the MSVCR100 error and I was able to run the program.

Edited by GCS2000

• 2 months later...

Hey everyone.  Looking for a little help with LEDBlinky and Street Fighter V for Steam.  Unlike most of the comments I've read, I have no issues getting my buttons to light up and stay lit when launching SFV.  My issue is that when I quit SFV, the buttons are stuck.  I have to launch a game which will keep the SFV button light config and then quit that game for LEDBlinky to "reset" and go back to the FE animation.

It may have something to do with how I am exiting SFV.  I created a script to execute the taskkill function when I press Esc to exit the game.  I tried process, close, StreetFighterV.exe but that wasn't doing it for me.  I am using an application called XInputToArcade to map my buttons as Xinput controllers (Very good app by the way for those looking for a 1 and done solution to playing PC games on an arcade machine)  I have to kill that app when exiting PC games in order for the buttons to go back to being keystrokes (IPAC) and I created an AHK and converted it to an exe that allows me to both kill that app and the game by pressing esc.

I don't think LEDBlinky is getting an "End Game" command from windows when I close SFV this way.  Is anyone familiar enough with AHK or batch scripts that could help me put something together so that I manually send the end game command when the SFV.exe closes?

Edited by rom116

So in LEDblinky there is a "FE list change" animation you can set.

I made a quick custom animation and was assuming/hoping it would be triggered by scrolling through different systems in bigbox but last time I tried to set it it only worked if I picked a game and was in the game info screen and then backed out...then it would trigger.

At the bottom of the LEDblinky config utility theres also a spot called "FE system lists names" ...

I think this is for adding the names of categories and systems as they are named in launchbox/bigbox to help trigger the "fe list change" animation.

Has anyone figured this out of have details to share as I can only somewhat get it working... thanks!

3 hours ago, deezdrama said:

So in LEDblinky there is a "FE list change" animation you can set.

I made a quick custom animation and was assuming/hoping it would be triggered by scrolling through different systems in bigbox but last time I tried to set it it only worked if I picked a game and was in the game info screen and then backed out...then it would trigger.

At the bottom of the LEDblinky config utility theres also a spot called "FE system lists names" ...

I think this is for adding the names of categories and systems as they are named in launchbox/bigbox to help trigger the "fe list change" animation.

Has anyone figured this out of have details to share as I can only somewhat get it working... thanks!

The "FE System Lists Names" are used to identify which lists/wheels contain lists of emulators/systems rather than lists of games, and it's primary used for Pixelcade integration. This should have nothing to do with running an FE List Change animation. I'm wondering if there's a bug in the LB/BB code?

• 7 months later...

Hoping someone can help me, I have LEDBlinky working with my big box setup perfectly! However when I quit big box I get an error box pop up asking if I’d like to review the error or not in the log. It’s not really that big of a deal as when I’m finished setting up the cabinet I’ll rarely have to quit BigBox without also shutting the pc down. However if anyone can help me fix the error I’d be very grateful. I have included the error message in a picture. 

image.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, d8thstar said:

i got a weird one...

in blinky set up, specifically OG space invaders, i set up two buttons for left/right, and they light up correctly in the config software.  however when i start the actual game, two different keys are illuminated.  this one had me stumped!

If it is MAME that you are using, do you have those same two buttons mapped inside of MAME the same as you do in LEDBlinky?

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

Coming from Hyperpsin/Rocketlauncher, I try to use launchbox/bigbox only. I have a problem with ledblinky and my ultrastiks 360 :

When I start a game, only the first one receives the mapping. The second one keeps whatever was in it before.

In LEDBlinkyConfig I have set the number of joysticks to four and enabled the JDR mode.

In LEDBlinkyControlsEditor, primary control is set to CONTROL_JOY8WAY and checked.

The debug file doesn’t show anything wrong (I think)

What I have tried so far :

Swapping the joysticks IDs : no luck

Reinstall Ultramap and Ledblinky : no luck

Set every programs in administrator mode: no luck

Replace the 2 ultrastiks with 2 FS360 : it works !

Create a bat file to launch from launchbox and disable the function in ledblinky : it works !

I am using Windows 10 and everything is up to date and it is the same problem with mame or retroarch.

I am a bit lost now and don’t fancy very much to setting bat file for every single game...

Debug.log

Based on the log it looks like LEDBlinky is detecting 3 Ultrastiks, is this correct? Each U360 needs a unique ID. You may also want to make sure each U360 has the latest firmware. Also, try the UltrastickTest app and see if that correctly maps the sticks.

I have a modular panel with either 2 U360 or 2 FS360. The 2 u360 have ID 1 and 2, and the 2 FS360 have ID3 and 4. I don't know why Ledblinky detects 3 ultrastiks as only 2 are plugged in at a time.

I have tried to upgrade the firmware even if they are recently bought but I have this message :"Unable to send data : ultrastik2_5.ufw" with UUpload.

I have tried the UltrastickTest app, it shows "Map upload successful" and detects 3 joysticks (why?) but only the first is correctly mapped.

It worked OK with Rocketlauncher before.

Thanks for your help!

16 hours ago, Cludo said:

I have a modular panel with either 2 U360 or 2 FS360. The 2 u360 have ID 1 and 2, and the 2 FS360 have ID3 and 4. I don't know why Ledblinky detects 3 ultrastiks as only 2 are plugged in at a time.

I have tried to upgrade the firmware even if they are recently bought but I have this message :"Unable to send data : ultrastik2_5.ufw" with UUpload.

I have tried the UltrastickTest app, it shows "Map upload successful" and detects 3 joysticks (why?) but only the first is correctly mapped.

It worked OK with Rocketlauncher before.

Thanks for your help!

Maybe one of the joysticks is just malfunctioning? If you can't upload the latest firmware, I would suggest contacting Ultimarc for support.

2 hours ago, Cludo said:

I have borrowed a laptop today at work and plugged both u360 in it and they responded correctly on this one!

So the problem comes from my computer  in the cabinet. Now I'll have to find a way to clean everything...

Thank you for your time !

Maybe just remove the USB devices in Device Manager and let the system re-enable them on reboot.

I remember when I first got my Ultrasticks and configuring and deciding hwo to set them up I had lots of old composite USB devices and a few issues when updating firmware. Clearing out all the entries helped.

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

I’m having issues with my ledblinky setup when the program starts up it does everything correct does the start up animation and than all leds solid. Now the problem is when I start a mame game it just lights up random garbage that isn’t even close to correct I just want it to light up all the leds like Normal for all 4 players I don’t want it to show only the controls for that game as 95% of the time it’s incorrect. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks