LaunchBox Community Forums

Mednafen Saturn coming ?

Lordmonkus

Yeah that shouldn't cause any issues. Light shader and high latency.

I run with Royale-Kurozumi and 16 audio latency and Threaded Video which I needed for this shader. If I used a lighter shader like Easymode I could turn off Threaded Video.

@kev25bHard GPU Sync On is one of the biggest reasons to use Retroarch. It reduces input lag.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zombeaver said:

So now I'm really confused... I've moved the core and config elsewhere as a backup and then completely redownloaded the core...and it still has my custom resolution/viewport? What the hell? And of course the audio is still screwed too.

The settings must be saved to the default RetroArch.cfg, unless that is what you removed and you're still loading a custom config.

4 minutes ago, SentaiBrad said:

The settings must be saved to the default RetroArch.cfg, unless that is what you removed and you're still loading a custom config.

Well I thought maybe that was it too, but it's only pulling the settings for that specific core and there are no reference to the core specifically in Retroarch.cfg. If I pull up BSNES for example, it has different settings. If I switch back to Mednafen_Saturn (following a fresh delete/redownload), it loads the same old custom settings (from where, I can't figure out).

Yeah who knows other than an emulator developer. I certainly won't pretend to know the details of it but I do know that the higher CPU requirement cores like BSnes I couldn't go as high on the frame delay. Back when I did use v-sync I could push the frame delay up to about 8 on most cores but BSnes Accuracy I could only go about 6 and even then it varied from game to game.

Since making the switch to a G-Sync monitor and turning off v-sync I don't have to worry about frame delay.