LaunchBox Community Forums

Massive eXoDOS Collection With SpaceFire & Glass UI

Background: I've finally managed to download the entire eXoDOS 2.0 collection and a BIG thanks to Donarumo for adding the "export to LaunchBox" feature. These games make me super nostalgic. Theme: After an entire afternoon of google-imaging... I decided on a Futuristic/Fire/Space theme for this collection. I created a template in Photoshop so all I have to do is change the cover art layer for each game. Sounds simple enough but this is a task of biblical proportions as there are over 5K DOS games. I may write a script to automate the task ;) Future: Next tasks will be integrating the Win3xo into collection and the entire Apple ][ game library. Big thanks to Jason Carr for all the hard work put into this.screen1.pngscreen2.pngscreen3.pngscreen4.png
  • Like 2

Drybonz said Man, I love that glass overlay you have on the box art. That looks so good. It would be cool if LB could support an art overlay in the game list so you could just make one overlay and have it displayed on each game.
Thanks. Having a template option for cover art would be amazing. Also, if templates could have a 'fit to size' option that scaled all cover art to fit the template for consistency!

M-6502 said
Drybonz said Man, I love that glass overlay you have on the box art. That looks so good. It would be cool if LB could support an art overlay in the game list so you could just make one overlay and have it displayed on each game.
Thanks. Having a template option for cover art would be amazing. Also, if templates could have a 'fit to size' option that scaled all cover art to fit the template for consistency!
Yeah, that would save an insane amount of time and think of the possibilities for homebrew customization of LB. *edit* Not to mention, people could share their overlays through the new LB games database.

Jason Carr said :) Great ideas guys. The concept of user themes still excites me; it's a major challenge but I'm hoping to start looking at it for Big Box soon, then LaunchBox will probably come after.
Users designed themes are a great way to get people involved. :)

FistyDollars said
M-6502 said and a BIG thanks to Donarumo for adding the "export to LaunchBox" feature.
Wait, you can DO that? I have the eXoDOS collection and I didn't notice he'd updated Meagre...ugh, I've been manually adding games this whole time...
Oh dude, I feel your pain. I would have done the same thing but I noticed the discussion in the LB forums. Very cool when devs work together on stuff like this. FYI eXo's Win3xo collection can be imported into Meagre and you can export the entire collection!
  • Like 1

M-6502 said
FistyDollars said
M-6502 said and a BIG thanks to Donarumo for adding the "export to LaunchBox" feature.
Wait, you can DO that? I have the eXoDOS collection and I didn't notice he'd updated Meagre...ugh, I've been manually adding games this whole time...
Oh dude, I feel your pain. I would have done the same thing but I noticed the discussion in the LB forums. Very cool when devs work together on stuff like this. FYI eXo's Win3xo collection can be imported into Meagre and you can export the entire collection!
A small complaint I have about the Meagre --> LaunchBox feature is it wants to read the DOSBox.conf files from the original location, which invalidates the LaunchBox DOSBox editor and bypasses the default settings you set within LaunchBox. Does anyone know if there's an easy way to fix that?

Is it 1 DosBox.conf file or several, 1 per game? If it's per game you can tell LaunchBox to use a custom.conf file if you want if that's what you're asking. I don't use Meagre so maybe I am missing something. If Meagre wants to read the conf files but once it's in LaunchBox it doesn't matter I don't see why the change matters. If you could explain a bit more I would appreciate it.

SentaiBrad said Is it 1 DosBox.conf file or several, 1 per game? If it's per game you can tell LaunchBox to use a custom.conf file if you want if that's what you're asking. I don't use Meagre so maybe I am missing something. If Meagre wants to read the conf files but once it's in LaunchBox it doesn't matter I don't see why the change matters. If you could explain a bit more I would appreciate it.
I just figured it out after messing around with it some more. Importing the games works great, but to change anything in DOSBox, you must edit the game and enable DOSBox for the game, select the conf file to make edits, save and disable DOSBox use. It points to a bat file, which does the initial setup for the game, which in turn points to the game and another DOSBox setup. Basically, all I need to do is turn off and on DOSBox for every game I want to set up and alter DOSBox settings for eXoDOS. The same applies for Win3xo. It's a bit nontraditional for regular LaunchBox use, but it works. You can safely ignore my cries for help at this point!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...