LaunchBox Community Forums

Pong Console

Drybonz

Haha... yeah, totally retro ugly. I found this picture online and it reminded me of the console. The two little paddles lift out of the console and are connected by a wire that you had to stuff back up inside there to get the paddles back in place.

I actually think I had something similar, but I remember it being much less 70's brown, more an off white. Classic, but having played pong recently, I can't believe how much time I spent playing it when I was a kid, that game gets boring pretty quickly now. I guess we are pretty spoiled for great games now, amazing to think how far we have come in such a short time Pong was released in 1972, just before I was born, and in my lifetime we have gone from that to games like Fallout 4!

sadesh said Yeah, I had one of this, but now it has completely gone to the garage.
Hah... I heard that. It's probably not one you want to break out that often. I was thinking about it, though... if my parents had that thing for a while before I started playing it, during the 2600 era, that would have been my earliest experience with retro-gaming. :)

I never owned a Pong Console, but I did play one. Wink I don't remember if this was the exact type, but it looked more like this, than the one in the first Post. Atari-Pong.jpg I've never owned a hand-held type. I don't even have a Smartphone, just a flip-phone (which are getting increasingly more difficult to find). LaughLaugh