LaunchBox Community Forums

Lightspeed: Ultra-Fast Mame Importer Tool

Jason Carr

But if you are talking about the arcade rom not showing up in the search results, it's because although the .zip names are exactly the same for the arcade and consoles, for the arcade version it's spelled "Battle Zone" (with a space), instead of "battlezone" all together.

I remember using clrmamepro to cleanup a similar problem I had in the past, but dealing with software lists is not the most straight forward thing with clrmamepro,  I can tell you that!
Better to find a good torrent source and take a few days downloading the software to get things correctly. It's really not a requirement from Lightspeed, but rather the way MAME is structured, so Lightspeed respects that very same structure.

Edited by Antropus

If you are downloading anything from a certain "dome", they should be all separated. It's up to you if you wanna extract the software lists into separated folders within MAME's roms folder or in a different root folder. Bear in mind that if you choose a separated folder, you will need to edit mame.ini (in your MAME folder) and include the new path in the rom path section of the ini, or else mame will not find the roms.

5 hours ago, Antropus said:

@The_Keeper86 Lets start with the no art imported first then! Can you post a screenshot of your paths tab, filters tabs and a screenshot of your snaps artwork folder please?

Sure thing!

I didn't take one of my snaps folder since I don't have any snaps in that folder yet which I'm not too worried about atm. Mainly just wanted wheels and marquees to show :)

2017-03-02 (1).png

2017-03-02 (2).png

2017-03-02 (3).png

In what format you have your images? Can you post a screenshot of your wheels folder? I just look at my code and it should find anything with the extensions: png, jpg, bmp, zip or 7z. Another thing you can look at is your  platforms.xml file. It's located under your "launchbox\data". Take a look and tell me if the paths are correct in there or pointing somewhere else.

On 2/27/2017 at 1:17 PM, CriticalCid said:

I’m wondering if it is too soon to ask for an additional feature?

You may or may not know that Jason has reworked the ‘Additional Apps’ feature in LB 7.7 to make it work better with clones. LB now automatically adds all clones as additional apps to the parent on import. You still have only one entry per game but you can also launch all clones within LaunchBox now. It would be great if Lightspeed could do the same.

You could use the LB importer to import your MAME ROMs to see how it works if you haven’t tinkered with it since 7.7 came out.

I really like this suggestion as well. I hope it could be implemented in a future update!

I just got done re-sorting all of my MAME games into LB (parents only for now). My first try with it a bit ago, I did it only by company, but this time I did it by genre. Loving the flexibilty Lightspeed gives to making it import MAME games in multiiple ways.

17 hours ago, Antropus said:

In what format you have your images? Can you post a screenshot of your wheels folder? I just look at my code and it should find anything with the extensions: png, jpg, bmp, zip or 7z. Another thing you can look at is your  platforms.xml file. It's located under your "launchbox\data". Take a look and tell me if the paths are correct in there or pointing somewhere else.

Hmm I checked the platforms xml and it shows D:\Hyperspin\Media\MAME\\wheels</ClearLogoImagesFolder>

Here is a screenshot of the folder (light speed created those folders which are all empty. 

2017-03-02 (4).png

I just entered the exact same folder you defined for your wheels, exported my lists and the folder is correctly reflected into my platforms.xml.
Could you try a clean export as a test? Move your platforms.xml, emulators.xml and the whole platforms folder into a safe backup place, restart lightspeed, double check all your paths and try to export your list again. Does the path still look wrong after doing that? Please try it out when you have the time and let me know. It's my interest to squash any bug and help you guys out since I understand the frustration when it comes to a program not doing exactly what you want it to do!

Edited by Antropus

Beta5 is up with some recently requested features. Please test and let me know if it's working on your side:

- Custom command lines for alternative emulators are now fully respected when adding games to the output list, as long as any radio control other than the first one are selected (the first radio control is hard-coded for MAME/MESS only and will force software lists to maintain their mandatory command lines)
- Emulators are now named after their .exe name and the clean name is now shown as a description for the radio controls:
ls003.png.4be24b6380fa5144fbb2546ca7f7bc8a.png- Lightspeed can now consolidate clones, just like LaunchBox's latest feature. To do so you will need to check this new option box and make sure that you have "clones" checked on your "filtersA" tab. That way, instead of importing the clones as standalone games, they will be added as additional applications, fully configured and ready to be played in Launchbox (right click context menu):
ls004.thumb.png.c45e0d8c10d90d061630dfd59fd0342f.pngls005.thumb.png.7dce3d90af6e1559a87031404715e069.pngls006.thumb.png.8ab622115e62809a094e2898c884ad7f.pngls007.thumb.png.94a354fdd61eae999f213325e96dc3ed.pngls008.thumb.png.7ae595e7298d2cf893b65bcb64acd9b8.pngVersion: 0183_Beta5
Date: 3/3/2017 1:25am

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B23vaxsfSk1ySi00LWtoRkhXTDQ/view?usp=sharing

Please test and report anything funky.
Enjoy.

-Kris

Edited by Antropus
  • Like 4

Amazing how fast you’ve added the consolidated ROMs feature. Thanks man, I really, really appreciate it! :)

Unfortunately is the data corruption issue back again when your LaunchBox installation already had some platforms in it.

corrupt.thumb.jpg.7a5e39fef0b5af87b53769dc1828a552.jpg

Two things that I’ve noticed regarding the consolidation feature:

1. The region tag for additional apps isn’t imported correctly. It uses the value of the developer instead of the region. Just look at the last screenshot that you’ve posted for Captain Commando, it says Capcom instead of World.

2. The hack “Supercharger 1942” for the game 1942 has an empty name. It’s the only game that I’ve found so far with this issue so I don’t know if there are other hacks/clones which are affected like this.

1942.thumb.jpg.8ac7e0ba88e8d19a13d9df88f71934f1.jpg

• Like 2

Quote:

And that's how I implemented it so fast. It doesn't work! Amazing, isn't it?

Amazing! If you need someone to help you writing some not-working code, give me a call: I can write not-working code like a charm! :D

Just dropped by to say I love your work and I hope to import my MAME set soon in LB! Thank you!

• Like 1