LaunchBox Community Forums

is there a BigBox mode trial available?

playpopo

Hi, I am new here and I saw the BigBox demo on youtube is quite interesting. Before I make purchase, I wonder if there is a trial for LaunchBox Premium (even just 3 days or 10 times uses) I really want to see how it work on my arcade cabinet.

CliveBarker said Couldn't be possible to revoke(editing it) the XML license remotely?
Not without a giant security hole or a breach of trust. We try really hard to also provide a no DRM experience as well, which is what that would be under, more or less it checking in to the server from the internet and Jason also deems that a breach of trust.

Hi Playpopo, I was the same as you, looking for a trail before laying down the money for Bigbox. What i can tell you is that after making the purchase Bigbox has exceeded all my expectations and runs flawlessly. I would also be happy to answer any queries you have about it, but as someone who has toyed with other frontends like hyperspin, Bigbox is 100 times easier to setup and a joy to use :)

Walrus13 said Hi Playpopo, I was the same as you, looking for a trail before laying down the money for Bigbox. What i can tell you is that after making the purchase Bigbox has exceeded all my expectations and runs flawlessly. I would also be happy to answer any queries you have about it, but as someone who has toyed with other frontends like hyperspin, Bigbox is 100 times easier to setup and a joy to use :)
Thank you for the kind words, we greatly appreciate it.

• 1 year later...

Hello, 

I also would like a couple day trial, but i see this has been covered. Unfortunately i am a noob to frontends, and i'm learning the setup process from the ground up. PS-I HATE MESS AND MAME. I have not been able to get either up and running for the Atari 5200 roms; but its w.e, sorry i digress. My problem is that as i go along i have ideas of WHAT i would like to do, but i have no idea of what it would be called or if its a premium option.

I'm really not looking to spend $50 out the gate on anything i dont know i'm going to PERFECTLY like. If I say spend the $20 for 1 year, and decide "HEY THIS IT GREAT I WANT IT!" ;If its within say 10 days to a month, Could I then just pay the remainder to upgrade to the forever license?

Try out the free version at first to get a handle on how it all works getting your games and emulators setup.

Yes, if you bought the one year license at 20$ you can upgrade at any point to a lifetime for 30$

As for Mame / Mess and Atari 5200 that actually is not too bad to get setup, it's actually easier now than it used to be. We can help you with getting it setup.

TY Lord, I went ahead an purchased last night. So not I am dabbling in themes. Watched the video on Jasons setup 

However criticalzone_-_cityhunter is no longer listed in downloads that i can see.

I'm a HUGE Tron fan, and if anything i would love the GRID background as a starting point for a custom theme. where can i find this and the fonts?

Thank you for your consideration

3 minutes ago, DrLight79 said:

this is the city hunter 2 theme, i got the impression this was different from the one on the video. And Thank You neil for your response

The original Cityhunter theme is no longer available as it has been updated to 2.0. You could try asking the theme maker if he still has a copy of the original theme, his name is @keltoigael.

1 hour ago, DrLight79 said:

I just posted to his page doing just that, thank you very much Neil. If i have any other isses i will post to a new thread. Thankx again guys

Hi. Unfortunately I no longer have the original code. CityHunter 2 brought in a lot of changes, like DPI scaling fixes, a new video engine that supports random multiple background videos (single background auto loops). All of the original views are still there with additional new ones. All optional videos are still included in the theme download section. The code was also cleaned it making it much easier to customize to your liking.