LaunchBox Community Forums

Reset My Collection

sure, no problem, so when you load a game into the LaunchBox, then sync it, it puts it into your collection on the web site. I had a huge drive failure, and some of those game are missing from my library, but all it keeps doing when I sync is adding what I have not to what was there. I want to erase it so I can get an accurate sync. In the manage my collections area the option to delete it or edit it is grayed out. Please, let me know if this is still not clear. Thanks for you assistance so far.

Ah okay, I understand now. Unfortunately, I'm not sure how to resolve your issue. Cry The "my collection" feature is still "alpha" so there may or may not be a way to do this currently. It's not a feature I've spent much time messing with, to be honest. I will say that if you click on one of your game entries on the "My Collection" site that you can click the "remove from collection" button to remove it. That's only one-at-a-time though. I'm not sure why the delete option in Launchbox would be grayed out, that seems odd... maybe a bug or perhaps it just hasn't been implemented yet. Maybe @Jason can confirm. Sorry I can't be more help on this Confused

Yeah when I got home I checked and I actually don't see such an option anywhere. The only delete option I found related to the web collection was actually on the site itself just by clicking on individual entries. I don't see anything in LB that seems relevant to that.

first of all sorry for the slow replay, @zombeaver, thanks for that information, it will help out alot @jason car, the button im refering to is on the web site. Sometimes in not very good at explaining, sorry about that, to I will describe a scenario. Clean install of LaunchBox - import games, click on cloud, log in, sync collection, verify your collection is on the web site. Ok, now go into the LaunchBox library, click on one or more items, press Del select yes, this remove the item from your library - click on cloud and sync again- the my collection on the website shows the original items, it does not reflect the changes. To be honest, its not that important, other than showing that you have a collection and this is what it is but Im KING of the OCDs and like things to be as exact as possible. I have a suggestion that when I get it better written so it makes sense I will suggest it, it is just an OCD thing, but I do not want to submit it without it being understandable. thanks for the assistance so far.

• 1 year later...

Found this thread (and a few similar ones) while searching for the same thing. Are there any plans for the sync collection to be a true sync instead of a one way addition? I recently purged a lot of games and ended up using an AutoHotKey script to remove all games one by one but this is not something I would want to do again.

Edited by gogocons

17 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

What I'll likely do first is just allow you to clear your whole collection and re-sync, which mostly solves the issue.

I would like this, I first synced my collection a long time ago and there are platforms there that I simply don't have anymore, I also have a much more curated list now, but the sync only lets me add to, not remove. So a fresh start there would be great, :) 

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 8/1/2016 at 7:53 PM, GamingOldGuy said:

sure, no problem, so when you load a game into the LaunchBox, then sync it, it puts it into your collection on the web site. I had a huge drive failure, and some of those game are missing from my library, but all it keeps doing when I sync is adding what I have not to what was there. I want to erase it so I can get an accurate sync. In the manage my collections area the option to delete it or edit it is grayed out. Please, let me know if this is still not clear. Thanks for you assistance so far.

Hello, not sure this is still an issue. If so, do the following. 

1. Go to the My Collection web page by selecting Options > Cloud > Browse My Collection
  2. Select 'My Account' in the top right
  3. Select your account name. (First Option)
  4. Select the link manage your collections
  5. Select Clear to wipe your entire collection 

Hope this helps. 

P. S. I understand by reading your issue that you understand the steps already. These are mainly for anyone else having this issue who maybe having difficulty.  

- Lunchbox (11.7)

Clear.PNG

• 3 months later...

Good to know these things before ever syncing first time, now I will just first get my setup to the point I can freeze it as is, then sync it. Thanks this was helpful in more ways than one to me. (I struggle I shall leave it at that as to not give people a label to use, and doing things over and over are not my cup of tea, it will overstimulate and make me essentially go haywire and give up on stuff.)

But my struggles do also give me the curiosity to try and use all features (without thinking twice, try first decide later is my template in life), again good I stumbled upon this.