LaunchBox Community Forums

Mednafen Saturn Setup Tutorial

Lordmonkus

10 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Nice, Monkus. Can you put this in the new videos section as well? I know it's not directly LaunchBox-related but I'd say emulator tutorials should definitely be covered there. :)

Sure thing, I didn't even know there was a new videos section, lol.

Where is this new videos section you speak of ?

Edited by lordmonkus

3 minutes ago, kmoney2315 said:

I really do hope it passes SSF on its quality as SSF is such a pain to setup.

It already does.  No input lag is absolutely amazing.  Mednafen is quite stable honestly, I played several hours last night and didn't experience one Crash.

I still have to use SSF for Virtua Fighter 1/Remix, Resident Evil, and the Virtua Cop Series.  I also use the Yabause Core in RetroArch for Battle Arena Tosh. URA and Area 51.

Other than those few cases, Mednafen pretty much plays all other US Saturn Releases perfectly.  Including almost every game SSF has trouble with!

• Like 1

I don't know what doesn't work but every game from my collection is stuck on this screen (Mednafen Saturn Core in Retroarch): 2016-08-13_15h50_19.jpg

I launch the game. I set the language, date and hour, and after that, Mednafen stay on this screen. 
I'm using your Bios Lordmonkus, and i've tried to use another dump, but... everytime is the same thing. I don't understand. It's the same for JAP game, EUR game or US games... :( 

EDIT : ok, my 10 games were bad dumps (although they worked with SSF and yabause). I've redump them with isobuster and it's ok now :)

Edited by niglurion

3 hours ago, Jazzphone said:

It already does.  No input lag is absolutely amazing.  Mednafen is quite stable honestly, I played several hours last night and didn't experience one Crash.

I still have to use SSF for Virtua Fighter 1/Remix, Resident Evil, and the Virtua Cop Series.  I also use the Yabause Core in RetroArch for Battle Arena Tosh. URA and Area 51.

Other than those few cases, Mednafen pretty much plays all other US Saturn Releases perfectly.  Including almost every game SSF has trouble with!

Mednafen runs Battle Arena Tosh. URA. A guy asked in one of my youtube video comments to test it and I did and posted a video of it.

2 minutes ago, lordmonkus said:

Mednafen runs Battle Arena Tosh. URA. A guy asked in one of my youtube video comments to test it and I did and posted a video of it.

It does run if you skip the intro, but if you hit start during the intro...the menu never loads and it appears to hang.

Which is where the confusion is.

2 hours ago, niglurion said:

I don't know what doesn't work but every game from my collection is stuck on this screen (Mednafen Saturn Core in Retroarch): 2016-08-13_15h50_19.jpg

I launch the game. I set the language, date and hour, and after that, Mednafen stay on this screen. 
I'm using your Bios Lordmonkus, and i've tried to use another dump, but... everytime is the same thing. I don't understand. It's the same for JAP game, EUR game or US games... :( 

EDIT : ok, my 10 games were bad dumps (although they worked with SSF and yabause). I've redump them with isobuster and it's ok now :)

Mednafen is very very picky on the Dump.  Which is good honestly.  It may help the stop of these bad dumps spreading.