LaunchBox Community Forums

Mednafen Saturn Setup Tutorial

Lordmonkus

1 minute ago, lordmonkus said:

So there's a time and date setting in the game aside from the Saturn internal clock and they are different from each other ?

I was never into the Nights games so my knowledge on them is extremely limited, even less knowledgeable on the Christmas one.

I have not used Saturn emus for so long I will have to see one of the new ones, because I do not remember this.

You can use the same bios but they will need to be renamed.

Sega Saturn BIOS v1.01 (JAP).bin rename to sega_101.bin

Sega Saturn BIOS v1.00 (US).bin rename to mpr-17933.bin

And like Zombeaver said this blows the doors off Yabause. For now though the RA core does not support the 3D analog controller but that should be in very soon. A Retroarch dev said he was rigging that in this week.

• Like 1

Haha sorry. I honestly just can't recommend Yabause under any circumstance. It's one of those things where it's like actually so bad that it's not even beneficial at all in my opinion. You're better off with literally no emulation than the broken mess that is Yabause. Isn't the "b" in the name literally for "buggy"? Haha

@lordmonkusYep, and despite that I still went through the annoying-as-hell trouble of setting up everything to use SSF in LB. That definitely should say something...

Also the full name is "Yet Another Buggy And Uncomplete Saturn Emulator". Not only is Buggy in the title, the title isn't even grammatically correct... "Uncomplete" isn't even a word! My ire is even greater now...