LaunchBox Community Forums

Metallic Theme

niglurion

13 hours ago, niglurion said:

Thank you @MatticusFinch1820:)
Yeah,  I have answered that question a number of times: I will do it after the completion of the main views, after the release of the v1.0
:)

At this time, I work mainly on what I said earlier in this topic. It's already a lot of work, but I'll add multiple banners later, yes ;) 

Oh, my apologies, I didn't see those reply's, I should have looked. Thank you for all your hard work! :)

• Like 1

On 9/4/2016 at 4:36 AM, niglurion said:

Thank you @donatello:)
I'm really happy to read such a wonderful compliment! It's for that I love to do such things ^^

For the translucent wheel, it's a good point. You inspired me and I think I'll do something for that. It may be a good feature. 
Right now, I'm developing this theme and I hope it will be complete in the end of the week.

I mean it Niglurion. I am a chef, not a programmer, no matter how much i may dabble in the video gaming world of emulation, programming is not my strong suit. So much mahalo to you for all that you do to create some sexy themes! 

I was surprised that you acknowledged and answered my first post/question ever on this website. Your are one cool and kind person, may we play a game online one day, till then, thanks for any incarnation of your themes you will create in the future!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, niglurion said:

ahah, quite the contrary, @Maddoc1007 ;)
It's good to see that. For my part, I'm never satisfied with my work and always want to change a thing or two. The views I've made for this theme probably won't be the final ones :ph34r:. So don't hesitate to change what you want, especially for 4/3 monitors.

@niglurion Thank you did all 5 platforms LOL minor changes in some and got them working for background videos as well, my monitor is a 5.4 had to change for the packs site of origin from auto-fill to fill in order for them to work properly talk about a crash course in xaml thanks to you and such a major undertaking you did creating this theme. MAJOR KUDOS and many thanks.  Looking forward to the many changes you do.

@RetroArcade Currently the size of everything is adjusted independent of the resolution, but the actual size of the monitor is not taken into account. In other words, currently there's no way to make everything in Big Box bigger or smaller. That hasn't been a common request. That said, it would be possible to create a custom theme to size things however you'd like it.

Sorry I meant the "tv size" of the image in this theme. It has a small video border image and a larger video border image. Just wondering if that was changeable in the program or had to be changed by swapping the filenames/changing code in the xaml

Nevermind, I get it now. 

Edited by RetroArcade

I love this theme. It looks great!

I've cobbled together a platform fanart image for the NEC PC-FX. I've put the images on Dropbox (should be publicly accessible):

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dip719yfivdvtq9/AABmqc3Aj--iCRXTjiM3UGZ6a?dl=0

What I've put there:

• Clear logo and device image, based on pictures from Wikipedia.
  • Box collage, based on pictures from MobyGames: one with square boxes and one with rectangular ones.
  • A quick-and-dirty platform fanart image in the same style as the rest of this theme. You'll be able to make a better one though, so that's why I'm sharing my files :)
  • The xcf files are for GIMP.
  • Like 1

Hi, first I'm in aw of your work. The second thing is I can't get the theme to work, I've done everything down to the T even did what you said to do up above but I'm stuck. I want the theme so bad I only have the default theme and yours in the theme folder so I don't know what else to do . I thought maybe you would have some insight and possibly resolution. Thank you

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, citistyle said:

Hi, first I'm in aw of your work. The second thing is I can't get the theme to work, I've done everything down to the T even did what you said to do up above but I'm stuck. I want the theme so bad I only have the default theme and yours in the theme folder so I don't know what else to do . I thought maybe you would have some insight and possibly resolution. Thank you

Did you select it in BB?

When I first tried the theme some of the platforms weren't showing up. Maddoc1007 had responded with a solution. Maybe it will work in your case.

Inside LaunchBox check the Themes Folder then Metallic\Images\Platforms inside the Platforms folder the is a folder called banner make sure the png's there are named the same as your platforms, also there is a folder called Fanart make sure the images inside this folder are named the same as your platforms as well.  For platforms and banners that there are no images for to match all your platforms and banners it will display your own default banners and fanart. 

When I first tried the theme some of the platforms weren't showing up. Maddoc1007 had responded with a solution. Maybe it will work in your case.

Inside LaunchBox check the Themes Folder then Metallic\Images\Platforms inside the Platforms folder the is a folder called banner make sure the png's there are named the same as your platforms, also there is a folder called Fanart make sure the images inside this folder are named the same as your platforms as well.  For platforms and banners that there are no images for to match all your platforms and banners it will display your own default banners and fanart. 

Thanks for your help, I figured it out and it was a dumb mistake. So dumb I'm embarrassed to be me :× lol Thank you and everyone that tried to help but it was my own stupid self on why it didn't work. But i got it 0361a8a4eabaa95eb9c6a377e0f047a3.jpg