LaunchBox Community Forums

Metallic Theme

niglurion

1 hour ago, ABeezy13 said:

Awesome work!!!! This is incredible! Downloaded and now using! I have a few questions. 

In the wheel; I wanted to replace the SNES logo with the US version is there a spot here on the forums to download the logo?

Also, is it possible for me to change the image of the actual SNES from the PAL version to the US (the gray and purple version).

speaking of. Is it easy to change the background game box tiles for Sega/Mega Drive from Mega Drive to their Genesis versions?

is this theme just the consoles pages? For example when I click a system and it goes to the games list have you made pages for that?

Also I'm using the version with the mini TV's on the bottom left...how do I get those to play? They are just black... and do I need to download anything extra?

thanks in advance to anyone that can help! This theme rocks great job and thanks for your hard work!!!!

1. I wanted to change a logo so I  just googled "high resolution nintendo logo" and used that. Rename to match the file name in the folder and overwrite with the one you downloaded

2. Anything that came up MD in Big Box for me, i went back into LaunchBox, right clicked the cover, edit and then deleted all the MD images that were downloaded. Went back into big box, don't know if you have to but I went into Options and refreshed all images and then the Genesis version now appears.

3. Can't answer that

4. You need to download game play video. For testing purposes I got my at EmuMovies. Once downloaded I renamed to match the console name..ex "Super Nintendo Entertainment System.mp4" and then I dropped into Launchbox > Videos > Platforms. If the videos still don't play try going into BigBox options and changing the video player from VLC to Windows Media Player. Worked for me.

Edited by vice350z

2 hours ago, vice350z said:

1. I wanted to change a logo so I  just googled "high resolution nintendo logo" and used that. Rename to match the file name in the folder and overwrite with the one you downloaded

2. Anything that came up MD in Big Box for me, i went back into LaunchBox, right clicked the cover, edit and then deleted all the MD images that were downloaded. Went back into big box, don't know if you have to but I went into Options and refreshed all images and then the Genesis version now appears.

3. Can't answer that

4. You need to download game play video. For testing purposes I got my at EmuMovies. Once downloaded I renamed to match the console name..ex "Super Nintendo Entertainment System.mp4" and then I dropped into Launchbox > Videos > Platforms. If the videos still don't play try going into BigBox options and changing the video player from VLC to Windows Media Player. Worked for me.

1. That is simple enough... does size matter for this or does it automatically adjust/scale?

2. I understand that part, I meant on the actual sega page where it shows the system and all the box arts in one big image... i wondered if he had one with Genesis instead of MD.

4. Thanks, I will give that all a shot and see what happens :P

3 minutes ago, ABeezy13 said:

1. That is simple enough... does size matter for this or does it automatically adjust/scale?

2. I understand that part, I meant on the actual sega page where it shows the system and all the box arts in one big image... i wondered if he had one with Genesis instead of MD.

4. Thanks, I will give that all a shot and see what happens :P

1. I just downloaded it, popped it into the folder and it looked good to me. 

2. Ah, i misunderstood you. I just looked and see its the background image that had to be created.

3. Good luck!

• 4 months later...
4 hours ago, Cadizking25 said:

anyone knows how to fix this error that I am getting when I open my games list?

ERROR 2.png

ERROR1.png

Can you right-click on TwoColumnGameDetailsView.xml and GameDetailsView.xml files and select edit with a notepad, take a snapshot of the two files and upload them here?

Have you edited the theme before getting this error or is it resulting from a fresh install?

35 minutes ago, SNAK3ATER said:

Can you right-click on TwoColumnGameDetailsView.xml and GameDetailsView.xml files and select edit with a notepad, take a snapshot of the two files and upload them here?

Have you edited the theme before getting this error or is it resulting from a fresh install?

I add a few banners and snap. But even after a fresh install, I still get the error. Should I remove all the media that I added?

GameDetailsView.png

TwoColumnGameDetailsView.png

I'm currently at work but I'll try to replicate your issue once I get back to check if I'll get the same error. This may sound silly as I don't have my PC to test but try changing Lines 5 and 9 where it say bigBox and rename it to BigBox (i.e. change xmlns:bigBox to xmlns:BigBox) and see if the issue is resolved

1 hour ago, SNAK3ATER said:

I'm currently at work but I'll try to replicate your issue once I get back to check if I'll get the same error. This may sound silly as I don't have my PC to test but try changing Lines 5 and 9 where it say bigBox and rename it to BigBox (i.e. change xmlns:bigBox to xmlns:BigBox) and see if the issue is resolved

Tried it, still did not work

On 09/06/2017 at 3:02 PM, shkope said:

Hello, how to lower this image? Thank you

InkedDesktop 06.09.2017 - 15.49.49.03_LInn.jpg

Same thing here, in LB 7.9 it was fine on both my setups, but when upgrading to either the beta that had plugin support or the latest stable release, this theme broke for me on both setups the same way even on a clean install with a single system for testing. Anyone know which file/line to edit to shift it down?

Edited by HBAndrew

• 6 months later...

Can anyone help me set up my playlists correctly? I'm not sure if it is metallic theme specifically, or big box in general, but I'm having trouble setting the background image of playlists. For example, I have a pic of people playing lightgun games, but instead it is always overridden by the clear logo. Is there a filepath for me to place my pic in, or do I need to edit something? This is by far my favorite theme.

Untitled.png

• 3 weeks later...